Cotswold Manor Estate
Chateau with 19 bedrooms and 12 bathrooms in Bourton Vale, England
Booking cost: £0.00
Pay onlybooking deposit
From £19,566 per week
Chateau to rent in Bourton Vale, England
Chateau overview - owner's description
This new retreat near Stow-on-the-Wold is the quintessential English country Estate, set in exquisite award-winning gardens. Cotswold Manor Estate can sleep up to 22 people on an enchanting estate.
This new retreat near Stow-on-the-Wold is the quintessential English country Estate, set in exquisite award-winning gardens. Cotswold Manor Estate can sleep up to 22 people on an enchanting estate, set in idyllic countryside.
The 5-bedroom Manor house has been privately owned since the 15th century and is steeped in English history. It has been beautifully refurbished and is now available as an exclusive home to rent for those seeking a discrete retreat away from the hassle of city living. For relaxation in an atmosphere of tranquillity and charm in a classic Cotswold village, this estate is a wonderful place to stay, be it to spend time with friends and family, entertain clients, or arrange team building for corporate groups.
The luxuriously converted barn contains 5 themed suites, from the elegant gold room, to the exotic African room. The cookery lessons also take place in the barn, where clients can enjoy a selection of set seasonal courses.
In addition to the barn there is a delightful one bedroom cottage, combining ancient charm and modern luxury. The cottage sleeps 2 with its own private garden, and magnificent views across the river Windrush.
Good news! This property is available as a Vill'otelYey! Wait… what is that?
It's the perfect combo of the privacy of your own personal villa, with all the luxury and convenience of a hotel. What's included?
Breakfast, cleaning, welcome drinks and hamper, plus more! Check the Extras tab for all the details.
As you would expect of such a residence, this wonderful Manor House has been meticulously maintained. Sleeping up to 10 people, the accommodation consists of 3 double bedrooms (including one four poster) all with their own bathroom, plus an additional shower room. All have top quality fittings, beautiful soft towels and bathrobes.
There are two further bedrooms in the attic space comprising a double room and a twin room (one bathroom).
As you enter the house you step into the dining hall, leading to two drawing rooms, and a TV/snug room. The Ground floor also features a deluxe kitchen (including warming oven which is perfect for catering and entertaining), an exceptionally large oven, dishwasher and all modern accessories. The house is centrally heated, and also has several open fires/wood burning stoves for your comfort throughout the year.
This family retreat is available for your sole use on a self-catering basis, for long weekends, weekly and monthly stays.
Blending old and new each spacious and luxuriously themed en-suite bedroom features the most comfortable Savoir Beds, White Company linen, sumptuous fabrics, quirky art and antique finishes.
The Gold Bedroom
Situated on the ground floor the room has a king bed with sumptuous canopy, walk-in shower room, WC, and underfloor heating. The room overlooks the large patio garden.
The Blue Bedroom
Ground floor king or twin beds with an additional day bed for a small child. The room has underfloor heating and walk-in shower.
The African Bedroom
Ground floor bedroom with king or twin beds. There is a TV with Sky, underfloor heating and en-suite with roll-top bath and shower attachment.
The White Bedroom
Located on the first floor the spacious bedroom has a king or twin beds. The room has TV with Sky, En-suite with roll-top bath and shower attachment and travel cot.
The Pink Bedroom
First floor bedroom with a king or twin bedroom and an additional day bed for small child. The room has an en-suite with bath and shower attachment
The Kitchen/Dining Room
Open plan with long dining table seating 12, The kitchen has a contemporary Corinian kitchen surfaces, 2 ovens, microwave, 5 ring gas hob, large American Fridge / freezer with water filter, Le Creuset Cookware, Sophie Conran for Portmerion tableware, Riedel glassware
Bose ceiling speakers with iPod, CD player and underfloor heating.
Open Plan lounge with glass balcony on first floor. There is seating for up to 12 people, mirror / TV with Sky, open working fire, music system with ceiling speakers and card table.
Overlooking the lounge there is a desk with WiFi and telephone.
The Peacock Dining Room
Situated in the Peacock Garden this stunning new room offers an added space for dining/meetings up to 10 guests. There is a crystal chandelier, large table with carvers, small kitchen and shower-room.
Cow Byre Cottage
This sweet yet stylish one bedroom barn can be hired with The Barn or Manor to allow 2 extra adults to stay.
There is a double bedroom with en suite bathroom, bath and shower. The Cottage has a Corinian corner kitchen with lounge, ideal for a couple.
Set in approximately 14.5 acres, Cotswold Manor offers an all-weather astro-turf tennis court, wonderful views across the River Windrush, gently rolling fields and the Manor's own lake.
The exceptional gardens were designed by Jinny Blom, the landscape gardener chosen by The Prince of Wales to design the "Healing Garden" at the 2002 Chelsea Flower Show, which won the Royal Horticultural Society's Silver Medal.
There is a large patio, table, Cedar hot-tub and BBQ.
The Peacock Garden with flower borders and shepherds hut is ideal for relaxing and enjoying treatments.
- TV with Sky
- Open fire
- Music System
- Driveway with private parking available.
The Cotswolds are considered by many to be among the most beautiful areas of England. The warm richness of the soft natural limestone buildings and the wealth of the wool trade, has left a heritage of superb buildings. The area is now an attraction for anyone who loves peace and tranquillity, no matter what the season.
Areas of interest
Wonderful walks around the Cotswolds often taking in some delightful public houses along the way – some serving their own locally brewed real ale.
A very fine example of a Cotswold town with gift shops and tea shops where you can browse away a few hours (or visit the Lygon Arms for the best in afternoon teas).
For a unique country experience, browse around the many delights, which includes a fabulous garden and household accessories, beautiful clothing, and a really wonderful delicatessen where you can finish off with a brunch, lunch, afternoon tea etc.
A stunning hillside town with hostelries, tea shops, and antique shops. Of all the towns located on the River Windrush, this must be the most famous and is a must see.
Bourton-on-the Water/ Bourton-on-the-hill, Bibury and Upper/Lower Slaughter
All lovely Cotswold towns and villages and well worth a visit.
Another very close Cotswold Town that has many Antique shops, Art Galleries and craft shops (and of course tea shops!)
For the racecourse, lovely Georgian/Regency architecture, smart shops and many places of cultural interest to visit.
Birthplace of Shakespeare. A very historic town full of Tudor / Elizabethan architecture and lovely walks along the River Avon.
Universities, dreaming spires, museums, deer parks, botanical gardens, beautiful walks along the Isis and Thames.
A fine stately home with gardens and the birthplace of Sir Winston Churchill. Also worth a visit is nearby Woodstock and Bladon where Sir Winston was buried.
- We must be notified in advance of any extra guests or additional nights and this will incur an extra cost.
- Should you require catering or another service, we have our preferred suppliers and will gladly arrange for you. Deep fat frying is not permitted in the property.
- We would ask you to enjoy the property and all the contents but to respect that the property is a privately owned house and as such is still used by the owners. Some items are very old or fragile so please think carefully before moving any furniture out of its current position.
- If you have a party either inside or outside, please do remember that many of the people in the village are of the farming community do retire early and have early morning starts. Noise does travel in a quieter environment and we would hope that you would respect this. We ask that all outside music is turned off by midnight.
- The property should be left in a good, clean and tidy condition and should you incur any breakages and damage we would ask you to inform us immediately.
- Candles must not be left unattended and indeed no candles are allowed in the upper floors at all. Fires must not be left unattended and caution must be taken to ensure that the fires are left safe at all times.
- Please ensure that you are familiar with the grounds and the layout and ensure that children and elderly are aware of the dangers.
- We supply a BBQ for your use and would ask you to take due care whilst using this. Please use correct utensils and gloves provided and please ensure that children are kept away as this BBQ can get very hot. Also ensure that the BBQ is placed well away from anything that might catch fire.
- Please note that the maximum numbers of guests is 10 in the Manor, 10 in the Barn, and 2 in the cottage, due to our insurance restrictions. There are also some restrictions on toddlers due to the age of the building and the water features, please call for further information.
This chateau does not have any reviews but the agent has 2 reviews for their other properties.
This chateau is:
Outside this chateau in Bourton Vale, EnglandThis chateau has a tennis court.
Prices and availability
Updated 17 January 2018
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 1 May 2018 - 5 January 2024: the minimum stay is 2 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£1,000.00 per booking, paid locally
19 bedrooms, Sleeps 30
DVD/Blu-ray player, Internet / WiFi, TV, Satellite / cable
Air conditioning, Central heating, Open fire, Car hire optional
Hen or stag groups