Chateau with 5 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms in Bourton Vale, England
Booking cost: £0.00
Pay onlybooking deposit
From £6,984 per week
Chateau to rent in Bourton Vale, England
Chateau overview - owner's description
The 5-bedroom manor house has been privately owned since the 15th century and is steeped in English history.
The 5-bedroom manor house has been privately owned since the 15th century and is steeped in English history. It has been beautifully refurbished and is now available as an exclusive home to rent for those seeking a discrete retreat away from city life.
Set in approximately 14.5 acres, Cotswold Manor offers an all-weather astro-turf tennis court, wonderful views across the River Windrush, gently rolling fields and the manor's own lake.
For relaxation in an atmosphere of tranquillity and charm in a classic Cotswold village, Cotswold Manor is a wonderful place to stay, be it to spend time with friends and family, entertain clients, or arrange team building for corporate groups.
This family retreat is available for your sole use on a self-catering basis for long weekends, weekly and monthly stays.
Good news! This property is available as a Vill'otelYey! Wait… what is that?
It's the perfect combo of the privacy of your own personal villa, with all the luxury and convenience of a hotel. What's included?
Breakfast, cleaning, welcome drinks and hamper, plus more! Check the Extras tab for all the details.
As you would expect of such a residence, this wonderful Manor House has been meticulously maintained. Sleeping up to 10 people, the accommodation consists of 3 double bedrooms (including one four poster) all with their own bathroom, plus an additional shower room. All have top quality fittings, beautiful soft towels and bathrobes.
There are two further bedrooms in the attic space comprising a double room and a twin room (one bathroom).
As you enter the house you step into the dining hall, leading to two drawing rooms, and a TV/snug room. The Ground floor also features a deluxe kitchen (including warming oven which is perfect for catering and entertaining), an exceptionally large oven, dishwasher and all modern accessories. The house is centrally heated, and also has several open fires/wood burning stoves for your comfort throughout the year.
The exceptional gardens were designed by Jinny Blom, the landscape gardener chosen by The Prince of Wales to design the "Healing Garden" at the 2002 Chelsea Flower Show, which won the Royal Horticultural Society's Silver Medal.
- TV with Sky
- Open fire
- Music System
- Driveway with private parking available.
- All-weather astro-turf tennis court
- Hot tub.
* For larger groups Cotswold Manor can be rented as the Cotswold Manor Estate for 22 people. This combines with the Cotswold Manor, Cotswold Barn and Cow Byre Cottage.
The Cotswolds are considered by many to be among the most beautiful areas of England. The warm richness of the soft natural limestone buildings and the wealth of the wool trade, has left a heritage of superb buildings. The area is now an attraction for anyone who loves peace and tranquillity, no matter what the season.
Areas of interest
Wonderful walks around the Cotswolds often taking in some delightful public houses along the way – some serving their own locally brewed real ale.
A very fine example of a Cotswold town with gift shops and tea shops where you can browse away a few hours (or visit the Lygon Arms for the best in afternoon teas).
A unique country experience – browse around the many delights, which includes a fabulous garden and household accessories, beautiful clothing, and a really wonderful delicatessen where you can finish off with a brunch, lunch, afternoon tea etc.
A stunning hillside town with hostelries, tea shops, and antique shops. Of all the towns located on the River Windrush, this must be the most famous and is a must see.
Bourton-on-the Water/ Bourton-on-the-hill, Bibury and Upper/Lower Slaughter
All lovely Cotswold towns and villages and well worth a visit.
Another very close Cotswold Town that has many Antique shops, Art Galleries and craft shops (and of course tea shops!)
For the racecourse, lovely Georgian/Regency architecture, smart shops and many places of cultural interest to visit.
Birthplace of Shakespeare. A very historic town full of Tudor / Elizabethan architecture and lovely walks along the River Avon.
Universities, dreaming spires, museums, deer parks, botanical gardens, beautiful walks along the Isis and Thames.
A fine stately home with gardens and the birthplace of Sir Winston Churchill. Also worth a visit is nearby Woodstock and Bladon where Sir Winston was buried.
- We must be notified in advance of any extra guests or additional nights and this will incur an extra cost.
- Should you require catering or another service, we have our preferred suppliers and will gladly arrange for you. Deep fat frying is not permitted in the property.
- We would ask you to enjoy the property and all the contents but to respect that the property is a privately owned house and as such is still used by the owners. Some items are very old or fragile so please think carefully before moving any furniture out of its current position.
- If you have a party either inside or outside, please do remember that many of the people in the village are of the farming community do retire early and have early morning starts. Noise does travel in a quieter environment and we would hope that you would respect this. We ask that all outside music is turned off by midnight.
- The property should be left in a good, clean and tidy condition and should you incur any breakages and damage we would ask you to inform us immediately.
- Candles must not be left unattended and indeed no candles are allowed in the upper floors at all. Fires must not be left unattended and caution must be taken to ensure that the fires are left safe at all times.
- Please ensure that you are familiar with the grounds and the layout and ensure that children and elderly are aware of the dangers.
- We supply a BBQ for your use and would ask you to take due care whilst using this. Please use correct utensils and gloves provided and please ensure that children are kept away as this BBQ can get very hot. Also ensure that the BBQ is placed well away from anything that might catch fire.
- Please note that the maximum numbers of guests is 10 in the Manor, due to our insurance restrictions. There are also some restrictions on toddlers due to the age of the building and the water features, please call for further information.
This chateau does not have any reviews but the agent has 2 reviews for their other properties.
This chateau is:
Outside this chateau in Bourton Vale, EnglandThis chateau has a tennis court.
Prices and availability
Updated 16 December 2017
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 16 December - 18 December 2017: the minimum stay is 2 nights.
- 19 December 2017 - 3 January 2018: the minimum stay is 5 nights.
- 6 January - 6 April 2018: the minimum stay is 2 nights.
- 1 May - 18 December 2018: the minimum stay is 2 nights.
- 19 December 2018 - 3 January 2019: the minimum stay is 5 nights.
- 5 January 2019 - 5 January 2024: the minimum stay is 2 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£1,000.00 per booking, paid locally
5 bedrooms, Sleeps 10
DVD/Blu-ray player, Internet / WiFi, TV, Satellite / cable
Central heating, Open fire, Car hire optional
Hen or stag groups