Blue Moon Cottage
Cottage with 1 bedroom and 1 bathroom in United Kingdom
Booking cost: £0.00
Pay onlybooking deposit
From £796 per week
Cottage to rent in United Kingdom
Cottage overview - owner's description
Blue Moon is an uber cool luxury fisherman's cottage backing on to Porthmeor beach in quaint St Ives.
Blue Moon is an uber cool luxury fisherman's cottage backing on to Porthmeor beach in quaint St Ives. Perfectly combining urban style with laid-back coastal chic the cottage is the ultimate couples retreat designed for snuggling on the couch with soft furnishings and subdued colour palette.
An open plan living and kitchen area meet you when you walk through the stable door, with a luxurious shower room just beneath the stairs to wash the salt off after a refreshing swim. Walk upstairs to find yourself in the main bedroom, complete with exposed beam ceiling and custom built super king bed.
Surrounded by a fantastic selection of galleries including the iconic Tate St Ives, Blue Moon is a stone's throw from the sea and a host of other local attractions. The Porthgwidden Beach Cafe is walking distance and serves incredibly fresh seafood, with incredible views out from the peninsula across the Atlantic Ocean.
Listed prices are for weekends only, weekday pricing starts from £95/night.
There is a £60 short stay surcharge for all bookings of 2 nights or less.
For further information please contact our concierge team.
- Open-plan living room
- Shower room
- Master bedroom with custom built super king bed and dressing room
- Electric heating
- Single private parking space
- Flat-screen TV
- Fully-equipped kitchen
- 4-ring electric induction hob
- Microwave (available on request)
- Fridge / Freezer
- Nespresso machine
Blue Moon is located on Porthmeor Road immediately behind Porthmeor Beach on the northern side of St Ives – your feet will be in the sand thirty seconds from stepping out the front door! That said you're spoilt for choice when it comes to beaches in St Ives and if you fancy a change a short 5 minute stroll through the cobbled streets will bring you to Bamaluz and Porthgwidden Beach. St Ives itself has no fewer than 5 fantastic beaches which for a town that you can walk across in less than 20 minutes is something in itself. All beaches boast pale sand, turquoise water and some of the best surf around ensuring that St Ives is consistently considered one of the most beautiful (and in the winter fabulously raw) destinations in the UK.
St Ives sits on the North West coast of Cornwall and boasts one of the warmest climates in the UK thanks to the Atlantic Gulf Stream. Originally a fishing village, St Ives has become famous in more recent times as a haven for artists attracted to the area by the incredible light and rugged coastal landscape. St Ives subsequently flourished, becoming a cultural hotspot that is today awash with boutique galleries, local art studios and several internationally renowned institutions, including the Barbara Hepworth Museum and Tate St Ives, which is one of only four branches of the Tate Gallery. As you'd imagine with a town popular with artists, St Ives also has a reputation for top-notch food offering everything from delicious home-made meals to award-winning fine dining and everything in between. A casual stroll around town reveals a multitude of local restaurants, harbour side cafes, cosy pubs and stylish bars. St Ives also boasts one of the oldest Inns in Cornwall, The Sloop Inn being dated circa 1312.
For those of you keen to get out and explore more of the surrounding countryside, the local area has some great walking and hiking trails that range both in difficulty and length.
Things to do
- Explore the multitudes of excellent art galleries
- Have a relaxing day in the sun on one of the 5 excellent beaches
- Explore picturesque Carbis Bay
- Tour the Barbara Hepworth Museum & Sculpture Garden at the Tate St Ives - Enjoy spectacular views on the St Ives Bay Line as it sweeps along the coast past the golden sands of Hayle Towans and Carbis Bay before arriving in St Erth. Make sure you get a seat on the left hand side to get the best view!
- Learn to surf or stand-up paddle board with St Ives Surf School! They also offer kayak tours and coasteering for the adventurous!
- Take a St Ives Boat Trip to see the seal colony and dolphins!
- Join acclaimed storyteller, Shanty Baba, as he lights his hurricane lantern, to show you "the darker side of St Ives" on a Lantern Ghost Story Walk or Pirate Walk
- Take a thrilling trip around St Ives Bay on a powerful Rigid Inflatable Boat
- Join Bluefin Charters for Sharking, Wrecking, Tope Hounds & Huss, Rays, Turbot & Brill, Bass, Cod, Pollock, Haddock, mixed species
- If your feeling like a hit of adrenaline, JB Adventures offer plenty of fantastic outdoor activities including: kite buggying, power kiting, quad biking and segway tours
The South West Coast Path is 630 miles long starting at Minehead in Somerset and running along the coastline of Exmoor, continuing along the coast of North Devon into Cornwall. It follows the entire coastline of Cornwall, goes across the mouth of the River Tamar and continues into Devon. After running along the south coast of Devon it then follows the Dorset coastline before finally ending at Poole Harbour. You can plan your journey along the incredible South West Coast Path at
- Lelant Station to St Ives: A one-way walk to St Ives along the beaches from Lelant including the vast expanse of Porthkidney Sands, Carbis Bay and Porthminster Beach, returning on the coastal railway
- Zennor to Gurnard's Head: A circular walk from Zennor along the coast via the sea-smoothed granite boulders at Porthmeor Cove to the site of an Iron Age fort on Gurnard's Head, returning from the Gurnard's Head pub on the ancient Churchway to Zennor
This cottage does not have any reviews but the agent has 1 review for their other properties.
This cottage is:
Prices and availability
Updated 20 August 2017
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 2 July 2017 - 3 January 2019: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£1,000.00 per booking, paid locally
1 bedroom, Sleeps 2
Internet / WiFi
Central heating, Car hire optional