Chateau with 12 bedrooms, 8 bathrooms and private pool in Blackdown, England
Booking cost: £0.00
Pay onlybooking deposit
From £6,412 per week
Chateau to rent in Blackdown, England
Chateau overview - owner's description
Blackdown Manor, an expansive country home in Somerset, boasts the best of the outdoors. On 22 acres of landscaped woodland, with a stone house that sleeps 14 and a cottage that sleeps 10.
Blackdown Manor, an expansive country home in Somerset, boasts the best of the outdoors. On 22 acres of landscaped woodland, with a stone house that sleeps 14 and a cottage that sleeps 10, this marvellous property is ideal for a holiday with the entire family.
Built in the 1800s for a gentleman JP, this manor is near Culmhead on the Blackdown Hills. Explore their beautiful ridges and valleys, or stay within the estate. The spectacular grounds lend themselves to a range of country pursuits, including archery, croquet and clay shooting. A two-acre spring fed lake has excellent fishing, and you can swim in a heated outdoor pool or relax in the hot tub.
For those who want to explore further afield, there's beautiful walks in the Blackdown and Quantock Hills nearby, horseback riding and golf. A little further, enjoy the shingle beach at Branscombe or the surfing and sand at Saunton Sands.In the mood for entertainment at home? We can arrange masseurs, musicians, even a casino night or murder mystery. For foodies, the delicious Merry Harriers Pub is 5 minutes away.
Blackdown Manor is off the M5 motorway and close to Taunton railway station.
Good news! This property is available as a Vill'otelYey! Wait… what is that?
It's the perfect combo of the privacy of your own personal villa, with all the luxury and convenience of a hotel. What's included?
Breakfast, cleaning, welcome drinks and hamper, plus more! Check the Extras tab for all the details.
This impressive stone built country house is set in 22 acres of landscaped woodland on the Blackdown hills in an area of outstanding natural beauty.
The property consists of the main house and cottage which together can accommodate up to 24 guests in comfort. In front of the house is a natural pond with its own island gazebo and to the west of the property is woodland featuring many rare and specimen trees.
The main house sleeps 14 people in 7 bedrooms. There are 5 bathrooms of which 2 are en-suite.
- On the Ground Floor there is a zip & link double bedroom.
- The First Floor offers 3 doubles, 2 twins and 1 zip & link double bedroom.
Additional accommodation in Keepers Cottage (20 metres from main house). The cottage sleeps a further 10 people in 5 bedrooms with 3 bathrooms 1 of which is en-suite.
- The Ground floor has 2 zip & link double bedrooms.
- The First Floor offers 2 zip & link double bedrooms and 1 double bedroom.
You will also find a two acre spring fed fishing lake which borders onto a newly planted cider apple orchard. The grounds are spectacular and lend themselves to a range of country pursuits (archery, fishing, clay shooting to name a few) so your group can stay and play without ever having to leave site!
There is a lovely heated outdoor swimming pool as well as the bonus of a brand new Hot tub at this beautiful property!
The options are virtually endless, but here are some of the more popular activities.
Massage:Just the thing to soothe away stress! The masseurs come to the house for a minimum of 3 hours, for either hour or half hour treatments.
Archery, laser clay, pistol and clay shooting can be arranged in the grounds, ideal if you are short of time or don't fancy driving further afield.
If you don't mind a scenic drive down to Exmoor, there is nothing more exhilarating than Horse Riding on the hills. This can be combined with Fly Fishing tuition and Clay Shooting as all three are quite near each other.
On the entertainment front, casino night is very popular (strictly for fun, the house does not have a gaming licence!). The manor can also arrange a murder mystery or you can choose from a wide range of musicians, from a pianist to a ceilidh or from Blue Grass to dinner jazz and anything in between.
A newly converted coach house now provides a fabulous indoor space for table tennis, table football and snooker.
Cooking skills: let chefs work with you and have a fun experience producing a meal for yourselves – the Thai course is very popular.
Golf: Oliver's VIP Concierge Team can direct you to excellent parkland, championship and links courses all within 5-10 miles of the property.
Walking:Whether you want a gentle stroll, or a more energetic hike up a hillside, there is something for everyone, (mostly with a pub along the way!) there are maps and guided walks at the houses.
Quantock Hills, home and inspiration to the writers Wordsworth and Coleridge and home for the oldest breed of wild pony. Glorious for walking, especially down Dead Woman's Ditch!
The Blackdown Hills, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and the West Country's best kept secret.
Exmoor, including Lorna Doone country, are Tarr Steps are all beautiful areas to explore.
Surfing: Oliver's VIP Concierge Team can direct you to great spots or arrange excellent private tuition for your group, including all equipment.
Branscombe Beach, on the south coast near Lyme Regis, is a romantic, wonderful, shingle beach. Early summers evening barbecues on the beach are also highly recommended!
Saunton Sands; near Barnstaple, north Devon, is a two mile stretch of lovely, soft, sandy beach. Around the corner is the popular surfing beach Croyde Bay and Woolacombe Sand. Roads around this area can get busy in the peak summer months.
Good news! For a little extra, This property is available as a Vill'otelWith a vill'otel holiday, you can enjoy all these services throughout your stay:
- Daily breakfast
- Daily maid service
- Deluxe welcome hamper with local delicacies
- Welcome drinks for your group
- Fridge-stocking service
- Private chef serviceInterested?
If you'd like to book the Vill'otel serviced option, contact us on for a tailor-made quote! Typical costs range between £100-£250 per person per week dependent on requirements.
Please note that all services are subject to availability and must be requested at the time of booking.
This chateau does not have any reviews but the agent has 2 reviews for their other properties.
This chateau is:
Outside this chateau in Blackdown, EnglandThis chateau has a pool.
Prices and availability
Updated 25 April 2018
- Your booking
- Available start/end date
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 26 April - 3 May 2018: the minimum stay is 2 nights.
- 4 May - 11 May 2018: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 1 June - 28 June 2018: the minimum stay is 2 nights.
- 29 June - 23 August 2018: changeover days are Monday, Friday and Sunday and the minimum stay is 2 nights.
- 31 August - 28 December 2018: changeover days are Monday, Friday and Sunday and the minimum stay is 2 nights.
- 28 December 2018 - 4 January 2019: changeover days are Monday, Friday and Sunday and the minimum stay is 2 nights.
- 4 January - 11 April 2019: changeover days are Monday, Friday and Sunday and the minimum stay is 2 nights.
- 12 April - 26 April 2019: changeover days are Monday, Friday and Sunday and the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 3 May - 10 May 2019: changeover days are Monday, Friday and Sunday and the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 24 May - 31 May 2019: changeover days are Monday, Friday and Sunday and the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 31 May - 22 August 2019: changeover days are Monday, Friday and Sunday and the minimum stay is 2 nights.
- 23 August - 30 August 2019: changeover days are Monday, Friday and Sunday and the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 30 August 2019 - 3 January 2020: changeover days are Monday, Friday and Sunday and the minimum stay is 2 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£1,000.00 per booking, paid locally
12 bedrooms, Sleeps 24
DVD/Blu-ray player, Internet / WiFi
Central heating, Open fire
Hen or stag groups