Cactus 220 - 30% Reduction On Second Week
Beach apartment with 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom and shared pool in Kalkan, Turkey
From £146 per week
Apartment to rent in Kalkan, Turkey
Treat yourself to a glorious break at the Patara Prince Resort. Reduced price for second week.
Share this holiday home
Apartment overview - owner's description
IF YOU CONTACT ME BEFORE BOOKING FOR TWO WEEKS, I WILL REVISE THE QUOTATION TO GIVE A 30% REDUCTION ON THE SECOND WEEK
Cactus 220 can be booked:
• An air-conditioned ground floor apartment forming part of the renowned Blue Flag Patara Prince Resort. This private seafront complex, which is located around a small hotel, has a range of restaurants, bars and outdoor pools. On site activities include diving, water-skiing, snorkelling and scuba-diving.
• Across the bay lies the popular town of Kalkan, which can be reached by a pleasant jaunt in the resort’s water taxi.
• In the apartment, the west-facing main room has a living area on one side, including a sofa, cable television and DVD and on the other side, there is a double bed and wardrobe.
• In the kitchen there is a full size fridge, a toaster, kettle, microwave and hob unit, utensils and crockery for four, an iron, ironing board, drying frame and some basic provisions to enable you to make a drink on arrival.
• In the rear bedroom there are two single beds, a wardrobe, a safety deposit box and a hairdryer. A cot is also available if required.
• There is a new shower room, fitted April 2015.
• Leading out from the main room through the garden doors, there is a terrace with recliners, a dining table and chairs, in front of which is a small garden.
• All linen and towels, excluding pool towels, are included in the price. Pool towels can be hired by the poolside.
• Housekeeping is provided, which includes a complete change of linen and towels.
• There is a shop near the apartment which sells a basic range of produce, as well as a number of supermarkets in Kalkan, plus an open air market in the town each Thursday.
• As our guests, you will receive resort membership cards with the keys, which will entitle you to use all the facilities at the resort, plus allowing you a 25% discount on all restaurant and bar bills within the complex.
• There are three restaurants on site, where you can enjoy international cuisine or traditional Turkish specialities. Alternatively, you can dine in Kalkan, a town that is especially renowned in Turkey for its numerous restaurants and bars.
• There are three outdoor pools, which include a family pool, an adult only pool and an infinity pool, which is close to the apartment. Water-based activities on site include diving, windsurfing, water-skiing, snorkelling and scuba-diving. There’s also volleyball, tennis, pool and table tennis, plus a fitness centre, Turkish bath and sauna.
• Please note that the villas and apartments have been built into the rocks on a steep hillside, so the resort is not suitable for those who have difficulty with mobility.
• If you are allergic to cats, please note that there are a number of them at the resort. Although, as owners, we all contribute to their veterinary care and food, we do not actively encourage them to enter the property.
• The apartments are available throughout the year, but please be aware that many facilities are closed in the winter.
• Please read the reviews submitted before booking. We do not profess that the apartment is luxurious, but we ensure that it is clean and comfortable. Most of our guests use the apartment rather like a garden hotel room. After all, holidays are about spending time lazing around by a pool, exploring local surroundings, eating and – maybe – a holiday drink, enjoying local culture, having a good time and generally enriching our lives, not worrying that the taps aren’t gold-plated. They aren’t, incidentally.
This apartment has 51 verified reviews.
50 out of 51 people recommend staying here
We had a fabulous stay here.. 2 girls on a peaceful holiday.
the villa looks exactly as described. Communication with Tricia was amazing, always helpful and couldn't do enough to ensure we had a great stay.
This was my 2nd visit to Kalkan and we stayed at Palm 235 last time.
Cactus was better this time especially as it's so close to the infinity pool and the entrance as well as the shuttle bus up and down the resort.
Patara Prince as a resort is stunning, like Tuscany with the architecture. Beautiful views and the sea is stunning. Kalkan town centre with its cobbled streets and laid back no hassle attitude makes it warm and inviting. Browse in peace and take in the breathtaking views of the harbour.
Patara Prince has 3 pools, infinity was our favourite as it's so quiet... the pool bar and restaurant is great for a snack.
We tried the Agora Bar and Restaurant by the hotel one night. the food was very good, however the only downfall to Patara Prince Resort is the Customer Service at the restaurants and Bars.
they barely speak English, which wasn't a problem as I speak turkish .. the service is not good at all. They are very slow and don't know the drinks! Took 30 mins to make 2 cocktails that were on their menus as no one knew how to make them... 5 staff later they made them however they did not taste good 😶
Don't let this put you off.. just be aware.
Cactus 220 could have been improved by having an oven and BBQ.
we chose self catering so we could chill on the terrace and eat dinner ourselves. The kitchen is fully equipped, no oven for a frozen pizza if we were tired and didn't want to go out for dinner.
you can make pasta, eggs on the hob... not a lot more though.
BBQ would have been ideal as we could buy meat from the butcher
There is no WIFI at the apartment.. have to go down to the restaurant/hotel.
other than that I would highly recommend staying here.
I would definitely recommend this apartment. On a great complex with lots of amenities and close to Kalkan town. You can catch a bus to Kas and Patara should you want a change of scenery and there are some great day boat trips from Kalkan harbour. Staff at the hotel complex are friendly and helpful.. You can get deliveries direct to the apartment from the local supermarkets and cabs back from Kalkan town centre are very reasonable. Some great restaurants in Kalkan, but would recommend booking in advance of your holiday if you have somewhere you specifically want to go to as some are booked out for months.
Kalkan is hilly so bring some sensible shoes!
Well, what a fantastic time myself and my husband have had. We have just arrived back from Cactus 220 last Friday (19 September 2014) and feel sooo refreshed. Tricia has been brilliant and is really concerned in making sure everything is okay. We had initially booked a room at the hotel at Patara Prince but having read a number of reviews, which I would normally take with a pinch of salt, it concerned me to think that most reviews were saying the same thing, that the food was awful. I also read that the staff at PR were very rude - I have to say, we thought the staff were very friendly and helpful. However, the food reviews did put us off, especially given it was on a half board basis, which is when I checked out Tricias apartment in the resort of Patara Prince. The grounds and the views are absolutely stunning. Tricias apartment is gorgeously clean, bright and spacious. We met the tortoise and he was pretty speedy. We also received regular visits from the grey tabby cat. We ate out in Kalkan most nights so we are really pleased to not have been staying at the hotel on a HB basis as we would have missed out on eating in so many wonderful roof-top restaurants. We ate out at Aubergine, Sofra, La Terrazza, The Nar, The Olive Garden, Doy Doy and The Ivy and didnt have a bad meal - the roof-top restaurants were especially wonderful because of the amazing views over the gorgeous harbour. We also visited Kas which is another beautiful little harbour and where I ended up buying my Mulberry clutch bag at such a great price. We did two trips - one to the Saklikent Gorge which is absolutely amazing, which also included a trip to Tlos the Trout farm for lunch and Patara beach. We also took a boat trip to Kekova, the sunken city. This included various stops for swimming and a visit to a cave (a very brief peak inside) followed by a bbq lunch on the boat and then onto a village called Simena which was so old and beautiful. All in all, we had a fantastic holiday and will definitely be returning. Thank you so much Tricia.
This was the third time we have stayed in the Cactus Villas- and the 2nd time in 220.
We LOVE Patara Prince as a resort and especially Tricia’s lovely villas. You will have to take my word for the fact that they are even more spacious and pretty than they appear in the photographs – until you find out for yourself!
The villas are spotlessly clean and very comfortable, with charming décor including lots of pretty Turkish traditional touches. Much more homey and cosy than a usual rental property. No need to worry about taking matches and sewing kit and hairdryer and games etc etc …Tricia has thought of everything. She has even provided suitcase scales so you can weigh your case before attempting to return to the UK with a mountain of Turkish Delight and 4 new handbags. This year there was the added (Turkish ha ha) delight of a comfortable sofa out on the patio, which was a lovely place to sit in the evenings with a glass of wine. From 220 one can watch the sunset across the sea …bliss.
Patara Prince is a lovely resort, so pretty with all the properties nestled in amongst the landscaped gardens, and so may beautiful exotic flowers and plants everywhere. I found myself exclaiming ‘SMELL the jasmine!’ several times a day. For those keen on wildlife there are always some kittens to stroke if you feel like it , and our favourite –Speedy the tortoise, who pops up in the garden of 220 from time to time.
We ate at the Round Pool Bar every lunchtime and had cocktails in the Piano Bar overlooking the twinkling lights of Kalkan and our weekly bar bill was ridiculously reasonable! In the evenings the Security Man at the top gate would get us a taxi into town, or one can walk in quite easily.
On this visit my daughter and I went on our own and we felt perfectly comfortable and happy without a man about the house – which has concerned me sometimes on other travels!
I have recommended Cactus 220 and 223 to many of my friends and family over the years and will continue to do so. They are a little secret treasure that I generously share- as does the endlessly friendly and helpful Tricia!
We had such a lovely time in kalkan. the accommodation was excellent and more than adequate for a couple and Im sure it would be great for a family of four.
The Patara Prince Resort was very good and we had no difficulty in getting around although it is quite steep from top to bottom we had no difficulty and used their mini bus to bring us back up to the apartment, I also had a wonderful facial and reflexology in the spar. At this time of the year it was quite quiet which was great it meant we had a great choice of swimming platforms to sunbath and of course swim from, it was also very nice to use the boat to cross over to Kalkan of a evening where we enjoyed some excellent meals returning by taxi after a good night out. We stayed in some evenings, eating in with meat veg fruit and wine from town all great value and quality.There was still plenty of people on holiday even though it was October so there was still a good atmosphere in town. We also had a great day out visiting the Greek island of Meis from Kas, very pretty harbour and a nice walk, but remember to take your passport. We used the dolmus to get around 6tl Kas, 3tl Kaputas beach, 6tl Patara beach, you can wait for the dolmus by the road at the top of the resort and ask the driver to dro p you off at the Patara Prince. All in all a great holiday, hope to be back.
Sue and Alby
This apartment is:
Sights and attractions
Outside this apartment in Kalkan, TurkeyThis apartment is in the town but in a quiet area near the beach. It has a shared pool, a balcony, a children pool area, outside lighting and a garden. Car hire is not necessary as the apartment is less than a 15 minute walk to a large selection of shops, bars, restaurants; however parking is available if required.
Prices and availability
Updated 14 April 2019
- Your booking
- Available start/end date
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 1 May - 15 September 2020: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 1 May - 15 September 2021: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 1 May - 15 September 2022: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
2 bedrooms, Sleeps 4:
- 1 double bed
- 2 single beds
There is also 1 cot
1 bathroom, 1 Separate WC
Shared pool, Size 25m x 2m, Depth 0.6m to 2m
DVD/Blu-ray player, TV Languages in English, Local, Satellite / cable
Living area seats 4, Dining area seats 4, Air conditioning living rooms only, Clothes drier, Hair dryer, Iron / board, Towels / linen, Car hire optional
Cooker, Crockery, Cutlery, Fridge, Glassware, Kettle, Microwave, Pots / pans, Toaster
Balcony or terrace, Outside lighting, Parking, Private garden, Sea view, Tennis court, Childrens pool area
Gym, Snooker / pool table, Table tennis
Patara Prince Resort
Children's club, Children's pool, Gym, Tennis, Spa
Children, Infants, Single gender groups
If you require any extra information regarding the facilities at the Patara Prince Resort, you need a taxi, or any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact a member of staff at the hotel reception. A doctor visits the hotel three times during the week, on a Monday, Wednesday and Friday, but if you are unable to wait until the next visit, then please ask the reception staff to call the doctor on your behalf.
Private Owner From York, United Kingdom Member since Sep 2016
Past bookings: 67 bookings
Response rate: 63%
Response time: within 3 hours
Last seen: 3 months ago
Number of properties: 2