Koh Tao Star Villa
Beach villa with 4 bedrooms and 7 bathrooms in Koh Tao, Thailand
From £1,500 per week
Villa to rent in Koh Tao, Thailand
Set in jungle clad hills above Sairee Beach, this modern, spacious villa (and apartments) offers a tranquil retreat from the night and day life of Koh Tao.
Share this holiday home
Villa overview - owner's description
Koh Tao Star Villa is a recently completed modern villa set in tranquil, jungle clad hills above Sairee Beach. This superb location gives you the best of both worlds - peace and isolation (perfect for a romantic break) and easy access to Koh Taos tourist hot spot - Sairee Beach - where there is a huge variety of bars, restaurants and clubs to suit all tastes. On a scooter or ATV, it takes less than 5 minutes to reach the beach, or a leisurely stroll takes about 20 mins.
Famous for its SCUBA diving, Koh Tao now boasts a range of other activities for the young at heart. From rock climbing or free diving to ten-pin bowling and mini golf, there is something to fill every minute of your day if you want to, or should rather just relax, there are many tranquil bays and beaches to enjoy.
Set in just under an acre of grounds, the surrounding jungle is dotted with banana, mango, papaya and coconut trees where there is also ample opportunity for a jungle trek to see some of Koh Tao that many visitors dont get to see. Then from the vantage point provided by your terrace (about 80m above sea level), you can witness the almost daily spectacle of the sea eagles cavorting in the skies above Star Villa and watch the sun settle down behind the mountains on the mainland some 70km distant. Then enjoy balmy evenings playing pool or a board game and listen to the daytime sounds of the tropical jungle become even more evocative at night. Turn off the lights, lie back and watch the splendour of the universe wheel across the night sky - on a good night, when the moon is new, you can see shooting stars and even the odd satellite pass over. If you would rather be inside, what about a quiet night in, in front of the T.V. or just listen to the many choices of music supplied over the T.V./satellite
Behind KTSV is a Buddhist temple, preserved as a retreat for monks on strict sabbatical from around Thailand and Myanmar. It is even possible to climb the rock behind the Villa (from the temple side) to see a fantastic 360 degree panorama of the island.
Whatever your required activity level is, Koh Tao Star Villa provides you with some of the best accommodation the island has to offer. The upper floor is a huge penthouse apartment with two bedrooms and two bathrooms whilst the level below is made up of two self-contained one bebroom apartments with en-suite bathrooms and spacious living rooms. So you can stay with your family and friends but you will not have to live hand-in-glove with them all the time. Koh Tao Star Villa has the following facilities:-
- Four fully furnished, air conditioned bedrooms – three with en-suite bathrooms.
- A total of four bathrooms each with powerful hot water shower, western style toilet and luxury basin. Power point for razor.
- Three living areas including the spacious Penthouse open plan lounge/diner with vaulted ceiling.
- Each living area has a wall mounted LCD TV, home cinema system and satellite TV.
- On the Penthouse level, this included a 40" LCD TV with Yamaha, Dolby 7.1 home cinema system.
- A large fully equipped kitchen on the Penthouse level and a fully equipped kitchenette in each of the apartments below.
- The two bedrooms on the Penthouse level have a wide screen TV and DVD player. One is also equipped with satellite TV.
- Remote controlled ceiling fans throughout.
- The mezzanine floor has large furnished office with library. This can be used as a fifth bedroom if required.
- Large terrace areas – one covered and one open.
- Access to almost 1Tb of movies, TV series and music on our computer network.
- Satellite TV has many movie, sport and music channels plus the usual Discovery, History and Nat Geo channels, etc.
- Free internet connection.
- Mini bars – one in each apartment, one in the Penthouse and one on the games room level.
- Free coffee, tea and drinking water.
- Free access to games room providing a pool table dart board small ‘home’ gymnasium seating area.
- B.B.Q. area available for your use.
- Daily maid service.
- Westerly aspect - panoramic sea, jungle and sunset views.
- Free taxi service to and from the pier at Mae Haad.
- Free daily taxi to and from Sairee Plaza if required.
- Subsidised taxi service to ferry you around the island.
- Use of a mobile phone.
- Laundry service available (chargeable).
- A wide selection of books, DVD’s, CD’s and board games are available for your use free of charge.
This villa has 1 verified review.
1 out of 1 people recommend staying here
This villa is:
Sights and attractions
Outside this villa in Koh Tao, ThailandThis villa is in a quiet area near the beach. It has a balcony, a barbecue, outside lighting, a garden and a sea view. Car hire is not necessary as the villa is less than a 15 minute walk to a large selection of shops, bars, restaurants; however parking is not available.
Prices and availability
- Your booking
- Available start/end date
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 7 December 2019 - 14 December 2022: the minimum stay is 14 nights.
Early booking discounts
- Arrive between 16 January - 14 December and receive 10% off if the booking is made 3 months before the arrival date.
- Arrive between 16 January - 14 December and receive 20% off if the booking is made 6 months before the arrival date.
Long stay discounts
- Receive 15% off if the booking is for 14 days or more.
- Arrive between 16 January - 15 December and receive 50% off if the booking is for 30 days or more.
If more than one discount matches your arrival date, please be aware that only one discount of the highest amount will be applied to your booking.
4 bedrooms, Sleeps 10:
- 1 double bed and en suite
- 1 double bed and en suite
- 1 double bed and en suite
- 1 double bed
There is also 2 double sofa beds in Penthouse Office and downstairs apartment lounge.
7 bathrooms including 3 en suites, 4 Separate WC's
CD player, DVD/Blu-ray player, Internet, Telephone, TV Languages in Local, Satellite / cable
Living area seats 9, Dining area seats 8, Air conditioning, Clothes drier, Iron / board, Towels / linen, Car hire optional
Cooker, Crockery, Cutlery, Fridge, Freezer, Glassware, Kettle, Microwave, Oven, Pots / pans, Toaster
Balcony or terrace, Barbecue, Outside lighting, Private garden, Sea view
Gym, Snooker / pool table
Two self contained one bedroom apartments and the two bedroom penthouse make up the property. Large, remote controlled ceiling fans throughout, and air con in the bedrooms. Each apartment has an open plan kitchen whilst the penthouse has a large kitchen area with breakfast bar. The office contains a large and varied collection of books, DVDs and CDs available for you to use. Whilst our Network Attached Storage contains almost 2 Tb of movies, TV series and music. While the games room is also stocked with various board games and a fridge with drinks available for purchase. Just write in the book what you have taken. Large well lit terraces provide sunset and jungle views and there is a BBQ area available for you to use. There is a Buddhist Temple behind the villa.
Private Owner From Surat Thanni, Thailand Member since Dec 2008
Past bookings: 15 bookings
Last seen: 6 months ago
Number of properties: 4