The Kipepeo Lodge
Beach villa with 6 bedrooms, 6 bathrooms and swimming pool in Jambiani, Tanzania
Booking cost: £0.00
From £1,538 per week
A charming resort in Zanzibar. It rises on the beach in front of the Indian Ocean. It has six double rooms, each one with a view to the ocean.
The Kipepeo Lodge is a charming and warm resort, built on the Southeast coast of Zanzibar, close to a typical african village, Jambiani. It rises on the beach in front of the Indian Ocean and was created with love and fantasy. It is ready to receive dreamers and travelers who look for an exclusive solution to spend some time in paradise. It has only six double rooms, each one with a view to the ocean.
The Kipepeo Lodge is the perfect place where to find total relaxation and real interior peace. But, above all, it represents a different life style far from the crowds, close to real people and nature.
In a word: intimate, even for one night only.
- Transfers from and to the airport. We will wait for your arrival at the airport and will bring you back for your departure.
- Bed&Breakfast, half board and full board. Choose your own solution at the Kipepeo Lodge. We offer really competitive rates for these different accomodation basis. We are fully equipped to organize your lunches and dinners.
One of the best beaches in the world... Jambiani Beach
"... The fact is, Jambiani Beach is miles of startling white sand. It would take a lot of tourists to crowd out this piece of paradise.
What to expect? There are no swimming pools, no casinos, no discos, bars... and mainly no electricity - except at some guesthomes. Your idea of paradise? Then welcome to Jambiani Beach, Zanzibar.
These beaches are actually home to small fishing villages. Fishing isn't for commercial gain; it's for the village. However, you will find that locals in Jambiani harvest seaweed. Because of the nature of the reef, about a mile out, the wave action litters the beach with seaweed at low tide. Seaweed is taken, dried, and sold to exporters - generally making its way as a nutritional product in Japan.
Transportation for the locals consists of riding bikes along the beach. You can rent bikes at various places along Jambiani Beach.
Another fun event would be to take a ride on a Dhow boat, the local fishing boat. Ask the locals for a ride during sunset. You'll stay within the reef and see the beach like few tourists have."
4 verified reviews
4 out of 4 people recommend staying here
Hi Vincenzo and Staff, All 9 of us within our party would like to say a huge big thank you for our recent stay during the Christmas and New Year holiday. Kipepeo is in what can only be described as a lost paradise lost from the world of mass tourism and engulfed in local culture. Jambiani is an amazinzing village and we were made to feel most welcome by everyone we came across from the village. The lodge is in a perfect location and all we can say is what a beach!! it made a huge change not to be bothered every 5 minutes by beach boys and the fact that we could walk for what seemed miles without seeing anyone was amazing. I really enjoyed seeing the local people just getting on with thier lifes collecting seaweed from the beach whilst having breakfast on the porch every morning it was such a cool way to wake up. I would also like to say a huge big thank you for arranging the wedding for Peter and Anita, your staff made this day very special and the whole village turned out to see the wedding as they had never been to a western wedding.The whole day was amazing along with the night time celebrations, once again BIG BIG THANK YOU. I can't wait to return and I'm already missing my stay. I could go on but in short Kipepeo is in a perfect location with a perfect beach that is away from mass tourism and is ideal for a complete rest and relaxation. Don't come here if you want to party and go to night clubs because this is for the more discerning traveller who will appreciate the location for what it is. The lodge is as described and with every week that goes by I'm sure it will only get better and better.
We found the permanent staff (3-4 persons, I believe) very friendly and helpful. However there were so many other persons coming and going, without notice, in the house, that it was disturbing and confusing for us as guests. I would strongly recommend a change in this behaviour.
Very nice pool and friendly staff.
9 other reviews
1 - 9 of 9
Distances to locations
Sights and attractions
Prices and availability
Updated 1 July 2016
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 29 July - 31 August 2016: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 1 September - 30 November 2016: the minimum stay is 2 nights.
- 1 December 2016 - 31 January 2017: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 1 February - 31 March 2017: the minimum stay is 2 nights.
- 1 April - 17 July 2017: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 18 July - 28 July 2017: the minimum stay is 2 nights.
- 29 July - 31 August 2017: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 1 September - 30 November 2017: the minimum stay is 2 nights.
- 1 December 2017 - 31 January 2018: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 1 February - 31 March 2018: the minimum stay is 2 nights.
- 1 April - 17 July 2018: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 18 July - 28 July 2018: the minimum stay is 2 nights.
- 29 July - 31 August 2018: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 1 September - 30 November 2018: the minimum stay is 2 nights.
- 1 December 2018 - 31 January 2019: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 1 February - 31 March 2019: the minimum stay is 2 nights.
- 1 April - 31 May 2019: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
If more than one discount matches your arrival date, please be aware that only one discount of the highest amount will be applied to your booking.
- Receive 10% off if the booking is made 6 months before the arrival date.
- Arrive between 1 March - 31 May and receive 20% off if the booking is made within 7 days of the arrival date.
- Arrive between 1 November - 30 November and receive 20% off if the booking is made within 7 days of the arrival date.
£4.21 per person per night, paid with booking
Transport from and to the airport.
Per single transport by minibus, paid locally
6 bedrooms, Sleeps 12:
- 1 double bed and en suite
- 1 double bed and en suite
- 1 double bed
- 1 double bed
- 2 single beds
- 2 single beds
There is also 1 double sofa bed, 1 cot
4 bathrooms, 2 en suite bathrooms, 4 Separate WC's
CD player, Computer, Internet / WI-FI
Living area seats 12, Dining area seats 15, Open fire, Iron / board, Towels / linen, Car hire optional
Cooker, Crockery, Cutlery, Fridge, Freezer, Glassware, Microwave, Oven, Pots / pans, Toaster
Balcony or terrace, Barbecue, Outside lighting, Parking, Private garden, Sea view
Staff included in rates (cookers, housekeepers, guides, etc.).
Private Owner From Jambiani, Tanzania Member since Mar 2006
Past bookings: 8 bookings
Last logged in: 7 months ago
Number of properties: 1