La Rijana, Sea-view Villa
Beach house with 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and shared pool in Velilla-Taramay, Spain
From £447 per week
House to rent in Velilla-Taramay, Spain
OVERLOOKING THE SEA ON THE COSTA TROPICAL: ALL YEAR ROUND LOCATION FOR SEA AND SKI, JUST AN HOUR FROM GRANADA AND MALAGA AIRPORTS
Share this holiday home
House overview - owner's description
NOTE: THE POOL IS CLOSED DUE TO CORONAVIRUS RESTRICTIONS, UNTIL AT LEAST SEPTEMBER 2020
• 2 storey house in small gated community of 14 family houses
• Suitable for quiet couples and families
• 5 minutes from the beaches and town
• 60 minutes from Granada and 90 minutes to the ski slopes at Sierra Nevada.
• 80 minutes from Malaga airport
Overlooking the sea on the Costa Tropical this house has outstanding sea views and is in an all year round location, ideal for sea and ski. From the windows and balconies, you can watch sunrise and sunset, follow the fishing boats and at certain times of year, spot dolphins just off the coast.
The house has rustic floor tiles throughout, is double-glazed and is equipped with AC and heating. Fans are also provided for the bedrooms.
The well-furnished lounge/diner has remote TV, DVD, pay-as-you-go Wi-Fi and a Hi-Fi. There is a collection of books, games and CDs together with a comprehensive information file.
The kitchen, with granite surfaces, has induction hob, combination convection/grill/microwave oven, washer, large fridge-freezer, electric kettle and toaster and in addition, is well supplied with crockery and glassware for indoor and outdoor use.
Upstairs there are 3 bedrooms, all with sea views. The master bedroom, with king bed has an en-suite bathroom. The other 2 bedrooms have twin beds (bedroom 3 with a stow-away bed). There is a second bathroom. Both bathrooms have shower, basin and bidet.
Patio doors open onto a terrace which stretches over 2 sides, giving superb sea and pool views. There is a retractable sun canopy, teak dining table, side table and 6 chairs and 2 sun loungers. Some additional fold up chairs are available for you to take to the pool.
• The house has its own parking space outside
• Shared pool (10 x 8m) with Roman steps
• Protected parking within gated community
Please note: All guests must agree to abide by house rules and the rules of the residential community.
Things to do and see
Almuñecar is the principal town on the Costa Tropical, a coast characterised by rugged cliffs falling to the sea and a sub-tropical climate that encourages the growth of cherimoyas, avocados, mangoes and bananas.
It has the heart of an old Andalucian pueblo, being built on cobbled streets, and has history which dates back to pre-historic times.
Things to do and see in the town:
• Roman aqueduct and fish-salting factory
• botanical gardens with nearly 200 varieties of tropical trees from all over the world, (jazz festival in July)
• bird park
• bonsai gardens
• water park
• daily market, Friday outdoor market and Sunday flea market
• lively shopping centre in the old town
• many bars and restaurants in all areas of the town and along the beaches – particularly lovely areas to be found in the summer evenings in the old town
Under an hour:
• All the beaches of the Costa Tropical (see section ‘Coast’ below and the many beach photos on my site) including a marina and the marine nature reserve
• Salobrena castle and old town
• Motril – with a history of sugar cane and rum production
• Amazing caves at Nerja with prehistoric remains
• The verdant Lecrin Valley.
• Fascinating Granada, the last Moorish stronghold, with the fabulous Moorish Alhambra Palace, cathedral, gypsy barrio, hot baths and many other interesting sights. This can be reached via motorway or by travelling up the country road through Jete and Otivar passing through amazing mountain scenery.
• Sierra Nevada skiing (or mountain walking in summer)
• Alpujarras (made famous by the book 'Driving Over Lemons')
• The historical town of Alhama de Granada, with Moorish quarter, to the south east of Granada. Just outside the town, which is set in rolling hills, are hot springs which feed Arab baths at a local hotel. Accompanied mountain and gorge walks, mountain biking, and a variety of adventurous activities can be arranged in the area. 15 minutes away is Lake Bermejales with beautiful views and swimming. Picnic tables are set amongst lakeside trees.
• Malaga with its beautiful, old city centre, Picasso Museum, castle, cathedral and many other sights.
• Seville, Cordoba, Ronda are all possible on overnight visits.
The Costa tropical offers a huge variety of beaches and coves where opportunities exist for diving, windsurfing, paragliding, jet-ski, scuba, snorkelling, fishing, pedalo, nudism or simply sunbathing and swimming. There are 10 beaches in Almunecar and further both east and west, numerous others on the Costa Tropical can be reached down steep cliffs. Riding and golf are also available nearby.
Coastal towns are as follows:
To the east of Almunecar:
• Salobreña, built on an outcrop of rock and topped by Moorish fortifications
• The interesting town of Motril, famous for sugar cane and rum and with Los Moriscos golf course next to the sea.
To the west of Almunecar:
• Marina del Este - exclusive marina with smart restaurants and diving
• Herradura, a small, pleasant coastal resort known for wind-surfing
• Nerja, a popular resort for British holiday-makers, with a good beach (Burriana) and fantastic caves (International festival, featuring ballet, opera, flamenco in July).
• Torrox Costa - pleasant promenade lined with restaurants
• Torre del Mar, and nearby, the modern shopping centre of El Ingenio and the lovely old town of Velez Malaga.
There are other beaches, not mentioned above, waiting for you to find them!
Fiestas and festivals occur throughout the year, including the amazing jazz festival in July (Jazz en La Costa) which features international stars, followed the next week by a flamenco festival. both of these are set in the Botanic Gardens against the floodlit backdrop of the castle. You can find out about holidays and celebrations from the local tourist office or by searching online.
The location of La Rijana, suitable all year round, means that you can combine the tranquillity of gazing across the Mediterranean towards Africa, with the convenience of being only minutes from the centre of a vibrant Andalucian pueblo dating back to pre-history. You can explore the coastal towns and more remote beaches or head inland to the mountains. And remember - the wonderful city of Granada and the Sierra Nevada ski resort are just a short drive away.
Come and enjoy – hasta luego!
Rental licence or registration number: VFT/GR/0095
This house has 11 verified reviews.
11 out of 11 people recommend staying here
This is a beautiful, modern villa with lovely views over the sea. A larger balcony than the adjacent properties as it stands at the end of the block and overlooks the sea on two sides. Excellent service with a food delivery to prepare for our arrival. The villa has three good sized bedrooms and a well-appointed kitchen. The old town is well worth a visit, but if you want to visit Alhambra you have to book online. You would be well advised to do that before leaving home as there was no availability by the time we got around to it in the local internet facility (run by a very helpful English speaking couple). Overall we had a great time.
My one disappointment (which has affected my rating of the property) was with the double bed, which was quite small and had a very thin and lumpy mattress which made it extremely uncomfortable. Waking up with backache every morning does not add to the pleasure of a holiday, otherwise the holiday would have been perfect.
The property did meet with our expectations and on the whole was very good. Although we were disappointed at some of the cleanliness. It was obvious that rugs/mats hadnt been moved to be hoovered. The upstairs bathroom and bedroom carpet had alot of hair over it. Also the shower in the upstairs bathroom needed a good clean or re-grouting. All these things should have been of a better standard for the amount we paid. Also it should be advertised better that the house is at the top of a steep hill. We also went out for a drive one evening only to arrive back and find someone had taken our parking place. We talked to some of the neighbours who didnt know whos car it was, but said parking was a big problem. Maybe it would be a good idea to have a chain accross the parking area or private written across the area.I found the booking process quite tricky because we were paying by cheque. i know this is old fashioned but Im sure it could have been made easier. But in saying all of this we had a lovely time in a nice property.
This was a beautiful house and every room, especially the kitchen was amazing. The only problems we had was, firstly with the boiler, which wouldnt stay on for some reason (however the management company was very helpful) and hopefully this will be fixed before the next tenants move in. The second problem was with the patio doors, they both seemed to be very hard to open without the risk of breaking the doors, apart from that i would definately recommend this house to anybody who wants to stay close to the pier.
Thanks for letting us stay in your home - we had a fabulous time - the views are incredible and it was great just to sit on the balcony or by the pool and relax.
We checked out loads of the beaches and enjoyed the tapas there. We also found some great eating places in town - thanks for the recommendations!
We hope to be back again next year and will certainly recommend La Rijana to our friends.Rose (London) (STAYED IN APRIL 2013)
Lovely property in a fab location - would definitely recommend to a friend
This house is:
Sights and attractions
Outside this house in Velilla-Taramay, SpainThis house is in a quiet area near the beach. It has a shared pool, a balcony, a barbecue, outside lighting and a sea view. Car hire is not necessary as the house is less than a 15 minute walk to a large selection of shops, bars, restaurants; however parking is available if required.
Prices and availability
Updated 12 November 2019
- Your booking
- Available start/end date
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 19 August - 30 September 2020: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 3 October 2020 - 31 December 2021: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 2 January - 2 July 2022: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 3 July - 4 September 2022: the minimum stay is 5 nights.
- 5 September 2022 - 2 July 2023: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
extra charge for 5 or 6 guests
£31.51 per week for each additional person if there are more than 4 people, paid with booking
3 bedrooms, Sleeps 6:
- 1 king size bed and en suite
- 2 single beds
- 2 single beds
2 bathrooms including 1 en suite
Shared pool, Size 8m x 6m
CD player, DVD/Blu-ray player, Internet / WiFi, Radio, TV Languages in English, Satellite / cable
Living area seats 6, Dining area seats 6, Air conditioning throughout property, Central heating, Clothes drier, Hair dryer, Iron / board, Towels / linen, Washing machine, Car hire optional
Cooker, Crockery, Cutlery, Fridge, Freezer, Glassware, Kettle, Microwave, Oven, Pots / pans, Toaster
Balcony or terrace, Barbecue, Outside lighting, Parking, Sea view, Shared garden
Sea, coastal and mountain views. Please note: - all guests are required to respect residents, failure to comply with community rules will result in the loss of breakage deposit and may result in fines being levied by the Community. The poolside BBQ can only be used at certain times of the year, and any debris must be removed. Under no circumstances are glasses or bottles permitted in or around the pool. All published details were true and honest at the time of writing but the owners cannot be responsible for any discrepancies deemed to exist. All guests are advised to take out their own insurance and to take due due regard of all possible hazards.The owner accepts no responsibility for loss, injury or death.
Private Owner From Dorchester-on-thames, Wallingford, United Kingdom Member since Oct 2003
Past bookings: 70 bookings
Response rate: 100%
Response time: within 5 minutes
Last seen: 2 days ago
Number of properties: 2