Beach villa with 4 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, private pool and golf nearby in Urbanització Sa Fontansa, Spain
From £857 per week
Villa to rent in Urbanització Sa Fontansa, Spain
This 4 bedroom villa with private pool is located in Urbanització Sa Fontansa and sleeps 8 people. It has WiFi, a garden and barbeque facilities. The villa is near a beach.
Share this holiday home
Villa overview - owner's description
5-room house 150 m2 on 2 levels.
- Rustic and cosy furnishings: living/dining room 34 m2 with open-hearth fireplace, satellite TV and DVD
- 1 room 17 m2 with 1 french bed (160 cm), bath/bidet/WC
- 1 room 13 m2 with 2 beds (90 cm, length 190 cm), bath/bidet/WC
- Kitchen (oven, dishwasher, 4 ceramic glass hob hotplates, microwave, freezer, electric coffee machine)
- Exit to the patio
- separate WC
- Oil heating
- On the lower ground floor: (exterior staircase), 1 room 10 m2 with 2 beds (90 cm, length 190 cm), bath/bidet/WC and electric heater
- Exit to the garden
- (exterior staircase), 1 room 7 m2 with 1 french bed (140 cm, length 190 cm), shower/WC and electric heater
- Exit to the garden
- Terrace furniture, barbecue, deck chairs
- Beautiful view of the sea and the mountains
- Facilities: washing machine, safe, iron, baby cot for up to 2 year olds
- Internet (WiFi, free)
- Reserved parking, garage (2 cars)
- Central heating only on 1st floor
- urb Sa Fontansa: Cosy house "La Chumbera"
- On the outskirts, 700 m from the centre of Begur, in a quiet, sunny position, 3 km from the sea, located by a road
- Private: garden with lawn 90 m2, flowers, swimming pool angular (4 x 8 m, depth 180 - 100 cm, 01/04-30/10)
- Outdoor shower, patio (20 m2), pergola (27 m2), terrace (122 m2), garden furniture, barbecue
- Stepped path (7 steps) to the house
- Supermarket 600 m, restaurant 700 m, bar 600 m, railway station "Flaca" 30 km, sandy beach "Sa Riera" 3.3 km, shingle beach 6.3 km
- Golf course (36 hole) 17 km, tennis 2 km, riding stable 1 km
The agent describes this villa as a family friendly holiday rental ideal for the summer holidays. It is also good value for money. The villa has a private pool and a mountain view and a sea view; it is also located in Urbanització Sa Fontansa. The nearest airport is 62km away. It is set in a very convenient location, 3km away from a beach and only 700 metres away from the city center.
The villa has free wireless internet. You can also park in the garage on-site at no extra charge. The villa is well equipped: it has a dishwasher, a microwave, an oven, a washing machine, a freezer and a TV with international channels. It also has a BBQ, a garden and a tennis court.
The owner has listed some nearby activities and attractions including:
- A trail for hiking
- A golf course
The villa is suitable for elderly guests.
This villa has 6 verified reviews.
5 out of 6 people recommend staying here
Microwave down on Wednesday reported immediately n has not been replaced It will be desirable to have an extra key set Leak from the ceiling after a thunderstorm bedroom downstairs 2 people
True pleasure on this rental, everything is fine. TO RECOMMEND
A very good house with a beautiful view of the pretty village of Begur.
Clean, tidy, well equipped and functional. However, a little wear. The gardener / paddler did not go through the whole week. The ants are actively pursuing indoors. Almost every door has a different key, which is really tricky and the main door was the only one that locked up without a key even accidentally.
La Chumbera is in a great location in/near Begur. Getting to the city center is less than a mile but does require a down and up trek. It was a good base for touring the area in general via car as well. We really enjoyed the pool. The layout of the house is great for 2 families though the lower level is accessed externally. (there were ~8 separate keys for the house/gates which was a bit of a pain) There was a grill (not great) that we took advantage of and ate in most nights. A Spar grocery is a downhill walk away; a larger store is available just outside of town a short drive away. 3 different areas of outside seating allow for sun avoidance during the day. The lack of Air Conditioning is advertised and selective curtain closing can help the house from heating up. However, only 2 fans were provided. There should be one in each of the 4 bedrooms in my opinion. Several had difficulty sleeping due to the heat. This (and the non-working WiFi) were our biggest complaints. The WiFi was available less than 50% of the time which was frustrating. I believe this was an issue with the provider and the local Interhome agents did what they could but we still were left without most days. Wifi is available in town at the TI in a pinch. The house is on the market (I believe) and is a little run down. It's certainly not luxurious but that is to be expected at this price point. Very little was supplied (e.g. no salt/sugar/oil etc. dishwasher tabs and additional toilet paper were purchased). Not sure if the prior folks clean it out or not. The kitchen was well stocked with pots/pans/dishes. Dishwasher and washing machine worked well. One of the burners/hobs did seem to trip the whole house circuit breaker. Not the fault of the house, but keep the floors clean of debris inside and out to stave off the ants. Mosquitoes were also a "feature" of the area and bug repellent in the evening is recommended. (We could not find any in stores btw) Key pick up and drop off is at an easy to find hut on the way in to town. It was requested that we drop off sheets and towels at the end of our stay which I thought was a little cheap. Not bad overall. Throw in a couple more fans and working WiFi and I think it would have been much better. That said, it was a wonderfully relaxing week for the 7 of us.
This villa is:
Outside this villa in Urbanització Sa Fontansa, SpainThis villa is in a quiet area near the beach and mountains. It has a pool, a balcony, a barbecue and a garage.
Prices and availability
Updated 9 April 2019
- Your booking
- Available start/end date
Select your travel dates on the calendar
- 31 August 2019 - 28 November 2020: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
Laundry (initial supply of bed linen and towels)
Free of charge
Refundable Breakage Deposit (to be paid by credit card Visa / Mastercard)
€200.00 (approx. £175.62) per booking, paid locally
Free of charge
Local tax children (6 - 15)
Free of charge
Local tax babies (0-2)
Free of charge
About this villa
4 bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Private pool
Show all 4 facilities Show less
- DVD player
- International TV channels
Show all 11 amenities Show less
- Trail for hiking nearby
- The tennis court is available
Show all 6 features Show less
- An ancient / historic building, often from other century
- Sunny position of the property
- The furniture of the property is homey and natural
- Mountain view
- Sea view
Show all 5 facts Show less
- Suitable for elderly people
- Suitable for family holiday
Agency From Godalming, Switzerland Member since Feb 2018
This villa is managed by Interhome, an established travel agent that was founded over 50 years ago. We've been working with them since February 2018 and have had 55 bookings with them.
Past bookings: 55 bookings
Response rate: 92%
Response time: within 4 hours
Last seen: 4 hours ago
Number of properties: over 1,000