Villa with 10 bedrooms, 14 bathrooms and private pool in Forallac, Spain
Booking cost: £0.00
Pay onlybooking deposit
From £9,904 per week
Villa to rent in Forallac, Spain
This noble 14th Century Catalan mansion offers the best of both worlds with sumptuous and sophisticated accommodation in a stunningly serene location.A grand and imposing property.
Share this holiday home
Villa overview - owner's description
This noble 14th Century Catalan mansion offers the best of both worlds with sumptuous and sophisticated accommodation in a stunningly serene location.
A grand and imposing property, Mas Guadalupe stands proud surrounded by peaceful countryside where uplands of dense forest contrast with verdant, flowering meadows to create a real-life oil painting. From the large, first-floor sun terrace, views of the sparkling azure Mediterranean stretching out into the distant horizon are a magical reminder that this essentially rural setting is only a 10 minute drive from some of most picturesque and unspoilt coastal beauty spots to be found along the Catalan coastline, including Aigua Blava, Tamariu and Llafranc (to name but a few).
As you'd expect from a property that has been lovingly restored over 24 years, great care has been taken to retain all the original features. Rib-vaulted and Baroque style painted ceilings, mullioned windows and exposed stone all subtly combine with an exquisite mixture of traditional and contemporary decor and furnishings to create a stunning masterpiece that cannot fail to delight!
Spanning three floors, Mas Guadalupe is an impressive property that exudes comfort and quality. Equipped with the most up-to-date of fittings and appliances, the layout of the interior offers an abundance of sumptuously furnished rooms that open out of each other like a series of ornate jewellery-boxes. Each well proportioned bedroom enjoys en suite facilities and air conditioning, whilst a selection of beautiful sitting rooms, a snooker room, TV room and library afford a level of intimacy for all, making this an ideal venue for large groups of family and friends.
Relax and re-energise in the indoor spa area, home to the heated pool with incorporated Jacuzzi, alongside the Finnish sauna and the gym zone.
Outside, explore the impeccable gardens, sun terraces and shaded nooks and crannies which surround the tranquillity of the outside swimming pool which can be heated if desired, at an additional cost. Relax in the poolside pergola, play a few sets of tennis in our tennis court, or enjoy a meal with friends and family on our barbecue terrace.
Golf, sandy beaches, cycle routes and walking trails are just some of the activities that can be enjoyed in the surrounding area and even the 4km drive down a rustic track that leads from the property to the local supermarket is a pleasure as one takes in the delightful, ever changing vistas of “mar y montana” and savours the faint scent of pine, wild broom, lavender and rosemary.
We are pleased to inform you that there is also a self contained annexe cottage that can sleep an additional 6 people, which can also be rented, with prices starting from €1,700 per week. Please ask our concierge team for further details on this.
Accommodation Main House (sleeps 20 + 2)
- Ground Floor (435 m2)
- Large entrance hall (110 m2) with amazing vaulted ceiling.
- Spacious living room with fireplace, reading area and TV room (all with vaulted ceilings)
- Dining room with dining table to seat 20 people.
- Full equipped kitchen with centre aisle (3,60m long) and breakfast table seating 6 people.
- 1 Double bedroom with en suite bathroom, accessible by wheelchair.
- Utility room (2 washing machines, 2 tumble dryers , laundry sink, ironing & sewing facilities)
- Office & games room, with extra TV
- Wine cellar
- Heated health spa with interior swimming pool (7m x 3m) with incorporated Jacuzzi, sauna, gym, 2 WC & 2 shower rooms
- Outdoor dining area (105m2) with BBQ, sinks, fridge and freezer, accessed via kitchen First Floor (285 m2)
- Spacious landing (110 m2) with comfortable seating & reading area
- 5 high-standard double bedrooms, all with en suite facilities
- 1 bedroom sleeping 6 people with en suite bathroom
- Sun terraces (110 m2 + 30 m2) with outdoor furniture Second Floor (60 m2)
- 1 double bedroom with en suite bathroom with panoramic views
- Snooker room, with sofa and extra T.V. Outside
- Spacious entry court yard with covered parking (755 m2)
- Large swimming pool (11m x 5m) surrounded by stone tiles (heated upon request, at an extra cost)
- 1 shower room by the pool
- 1 changing room that includes 2 W.C. in the pool area
- 2 pool-side “Chill-Out” areas with comfortable seating
- Full size tennis-court
- Table-tennis table
- Children's playground area (slide, see-saw, swings…)
- 2 spacious lawned gardens with garden furniture and absolute privacy
- Central Heating & Air conditioning & WIFI throughout house.
41.Stretching north from the town of Blanes and almost to the French border, seafronts are seldom as picturesque as the one hugging the Costa Brava. Holidays here are the ideal way to enjoy this sun and sea destination, which offers history and culture in the form of idyllic fishing villages to complement the beautiful weather.
Mas Guadalupe is in a charming Costa Brava province called Girona. If you're expecting it to be absolutely rural and not developed, full of farms and far from the civilization then it's time to think again - this part of Spain really is full of surprises. Forget about your work, forget about the everyday routine and dip into your dreams!
Go to Palafrugell (4 km fromMas Guadalupe) and explore its narrow streets and ancientfortifications. Visit St. Marti's 11th century church, or go to Calella de Palafrugell, or Llafranc (8.5 km fromMas Guadalupe), an area loved by artists such as Salvador Dali and ErnestHemingway and have a nice stroll along the sea. Go to the stunning secluded rocky coasts near Tamariu and Begur to enjoy a dip in the crystal clear water, considered the purest of the region.
Enjoy the marvellous views of the enormous vertical cliffs going down into the sea and covered with pine trees. Touch the medieval architecture of Peratallada and breathe the scent of herbs in the air during its Herb Festival. Move on to L´Escala to visit its port full of small ships. Pass by Ampurias' ruins or get closer to the arts in Figueres, where you'll find the Dali Theatre-Museum. This contains a broad spectrum of works covering Dali's career, and is a real must for visitors!
And of course, only an hour-and-a-half-drive fromMas Guadalupe is gorgeous and cosmopolitan Barcelona with its Gaudi buildings, the Temple of Sagrada Familia (his masterpiece and architectural jewel) or Casa Batllo, a major landmark of Modernist style. Also worth a visit is Barcelona's magnificent theatre opera house, the Gran Teatre del Liceu, opened in 1847 on Barcelona's famous Rambla. One of the key landmarks of Barcelona, it has been a major centre for culture and the performing arts for over 150 years.
If guests feel like it, they can arrange for some extra help in the kitchen during their stay - it's a flexible service, so choose whether you'd like your own chef either only for breakfast, only for lunch, only for dinner, or for all of them!
Tastes and allergies can be catered for with a variety of menus, and you can even choose whether you'd like a first-star chef with sophisticated menus everyday or just good-quality (but more everyday) menu on a daily basis.
Also available on request is an extra maid and cook service, ideal for preparing English or Continental breakfasts and everyday menus for lunch or dinner, which are always homemade and very good quality. Rates are per hour of service, and food costs are paid separately. A personal, professional Chef service is also available, ideal for extra special evening dinners, special occasions, anniversaries, celebrations and weddings.
Included in the price is a daily maid service and delivery of fresh bread for breakfast (Monday – Friday).
This villa does not have any reviews but the agent has 2 reviews for their other properties.
This villa is:
Outside this villa in Forallac, SpainThis villa has a pool, a tennis court and a children pool.
Prices and availability
Updated 24 June 2018
- Your booking
- Available start/end date
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 24 June - 25 October 2018: changeover day is Friday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 26 October 2018 - 10 April 2019: changeover day is Friday and the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 11 April - 12 September 2019: changeover day is Friday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 13 September 2019 - 20 December 2024: changeover day is Friday and the minimum stay is 3 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£878.60 per booking, paid locally
10 bedrooms, Sleeps 20
DVD/Blu-ray player, Internet / WiFi, TV, Satellite / cable
Air conditioning, Central heating, Open fire
Hen or stag groups