Costa de Papagayo villas
Check out our villas in Costa de Papagayo, Lanzarote
About Costa de Papagayo
Holidays in Costa de Papagayo, Lanzarote's stunning southern coast
Situated in Lanzarote's south, Yaiza's coastal region Costa de Papagayo and Los Ajaches Natural Park is home to some of the most popular beaches on the island. The surrounding district of Yaiza boasts some of the most striking landscapes in Spain, with a backdrop of volcanic mountains that make up Timanfaya National Park. Perfect for families and outdoor lovers, enjoy a Canarian coastal break brimming with water sports, adventure, excellent food and natural wonders. Papagayo beach is a firm favourite, with its horseshoe-shaped cove of fine golden sand and crystal-clear, calm waters, but you might also want to try Playa Blanca and Puerto Calero for a livelier atmosphere and a wide choice of restaurants and seafront cafes. This region is also ideal for coastal walks, with a scenic route connecting Playa del Afre with the beaches of Costa de Papagayo from Mujeres beach. Sit and watch the world go by at Marina Rubicon between ilos Ajaches and Playa Blancas, with plenty of upscale shops and bars, or enjoy a local cocktail at neighbouring Puerto del Carmen. For wine lovers, a tour around Bodegas Rubicon in Yaiza is a must.
- A direct flight from the UK to Lanzarote's Arrecife Airport takes 4 hours, with a less than 20 minute drive to Yaiza.
- August is the hottest month with an average high of 29°C. Yaiza is perfect for winter escapes too, with an average high of 21°C in December.
- Take a camel ride around Timanfaya National Park, Lanzarote’s top tourist attraction, home to the stunning 'Fire Mountains'.
- Water taxis are an excellent way to get from one beach to another, as well as neighbouring resorts.
- Yaiza was devastated by volcanic eruptions in 1730 and 1736, leaving behind a breathtaking landscape that has won prizes for its beauty.