Cortijo Maria Camila
Villa with 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and private pool in Canillas de Aceituno, Spain
Booking cost: £0.00
Pay onlybooking deposit
From £4,486 per week
Villa to rent in Canillas de Aceituno, Spain
Villa overview - owner's description
Cortijo Maria Camila is a spacious Spanish farmstead that has been renovated in rustic-chic style to provide modern luxuries and comfort.
Cortijo Maria Camila is a spacious Spanish farmstead that has been renovated in rustic-chic style to provide modern luxuries and comfort, while still maintaining its traditional Andalusian architecture and heritage.
The carefully planned interior design remains sympathetic to local custom and features many Spanish antiques and locally made, hand-crafted furnishings. Touches such as hand-stitched Suzani tapestries above the beds lend an atmosphere of elegance, while the many private indoor and outdoor lounges, terraces and pool maximize the relaxation potential and take full advantage of the surrounding views.
Being situated on a private hilltop, the grounds of the property slope away on three sides, revealing almond and olive groves and a beautiful onsite vineyard. Numerous private terraces and gardens surround the cortijo, where Mediterranean and exotic plants and trees blend harmoniously into the surrounding natural landscape. Peaceful, panoramic views of mountains surround the property, while the valley to the south opens wide to greet the Mediterranean Sea some 15 miles away.
At Cortijo Maria Camila, guests can while away the temperate days in total and sublime privacy, or call on a team of staff for full time or occasional pampering. Among the services on offer are a private chef and local concierge, daily housekeeping, on-site spa and beauty treatments, as well as various cultural and culinary outings or guided excursions in the adjacent mountain nature park.
Good news! This property is available as a Vill'otelYey! Wait… what is that?
It's the perfect combo of the privacy of your own personal villa, with all the luxury and convenience of a hotel.What's included?
Breakfast, cleaning, welcome drinks and hamper, plus more! Check the Extras tab for all the details.
An enclosed leafy courtyard greets visitors upon entry with a fountain and shaded pergola facing the majestic peak of Maroma rising above. Built-in benches and outdoor furniture provide comfortable seating in this tranquil space cradled by the back half of the building.
Beyond the courtyard, the kitchen opens onto a small herb garden along the side of the house, which leads to the front terrace with a covered outdoor dining area including a table to seat 10. From this terrace a set of stairs lead down to the pool area (the only way to access the pool), with majestic ‘top-of-the-world' views toward the sea and maintained gardens all around, a covered summer kitchen with built-in barbecue, marble dining table, sun lounges, and a water garden on another terraced area beyond the pool.
The front dining terrace also leads around to the south side of the property, with a modern landscape design providing a pleasant, grassy play space for smaller children. Beside this garden is a smaller table for four, perfect for breakfast in the sun or a spot of afternoon tea in the garden. Further along on this south-facing (and therefore sunniest!) of terraces, the garden leads back to the master bedroom terrace, with parasol shaded seating and an open air shower. Access to this area can be restricted to ensure that those staying in the master bedroom can enjoy total privacy.
All on one level, Cortijo Maria Camila has wood-beam ceilings and terracotta floors with underfloor heating and air-conditioning throughout. All bathrooms contain bronze taps, basins, and shower fittings and all bathroom walls are made of beautiful local marble.
- A small entrance hall opens onto the main living room with fireplace and Wi-Fi access
- Kitchen and dining room seating up to 8, with fireplace and Lacanche gourmet range cooker. The kitchen is fully stocked with Siemens appliances including American-style refrigerator/freezer with ice maker and filtered water dispenser.
- Bedroom 1 with 140 cm bed and hand-stitched Suzani tapestry headboard, local antique Spanish chest of drawers and en-suite with shower.
- Bedroom 2 with 180 cm bed that can be made up as two singles, also with hand-stitched Suzani tapestry headboard and a built in dressing table and wardrobe
- Bedroom 3 with 180 cm bed that can be made up as two singles. These two bedrooms share an adjacent bathroom with large tub, bidet and shower.
- Further down the corridor is another WC and utility closet with washing machine. Beyond, the corridor exits into the courtyard gallery, off of which sit the library and drawing room.
- The Master Bathroom has a large enclosed (hammam-style) tub with shower and is connected to the master bedroom through a short arched corridor.
- The Master Bedroom, with 160 cm bed and another Suzani tapestry, has double doors opening onto a private terrace garden, complete with sea views, shaded sun lounges and an open-air shower.
- The Library is a naturally well-lit reading room with a well stocked wall full of book shelves and comfortable seating. A travertine-marble desk serves as a work space here with WiFi and other office facilities. From one side, the library opens directly to the center of the courtyard and to the other side you'll find an enclosed lounge terrace with HD satellite television and PlayStation3 video game system.
- This terrace shares a door with the adjacent drawing room terrace, a large, open (shaded) terrace with views to the sea and an over sized open fireplace.
- The attached drawing room shares the chimney for an indoor/outdoor fireplace, creating the appearance of a combined indoor/outdoor living space. The drawing room, with pantry and fridge, is decorated with Spanish antiques and a Chesterfield sofa for a sophisticated wind-down at the end of the evening.
The region around Cortijo Maria Camilais known as La Axarquia, an ancient land rich not only with Moorish history, but Roman and Phonecian before that. It is a beautiful, largely mountainous region that nestles next to the Andalusian coast with a fertile agricultural production founded on grape (and wine!) production, olives, avocados and tropical fruits.
The local village is only 8-10 minutes away and not only provides all basic amenities but also marks the start of the Mudehar route, a string of Moorish white-washed villages distinguishable by Mudehar architecture that's reflective of the region's rich history. Nestled amongst the slopes of Maroma, the tallest peak in the region, you'll find an excellent driving tour stretching some 25 km to Competa.
The cliffs and beaches around Nerja (about 40 km away) are among the most stunning of the southern coast, while Nerja itself is great for shopping and dining. Yet the nearest beaches, in Torre del Mar, are only about 25 km away and reachable within half an hour. Here you will also find the nearest golf course, while all along the coast one can find opportunities for water sports and fishing.
Malaga, at 50 km (within an hour), offers a surprising level of sophistication and culture, cosmopolitan street life, dining and shopping. The old Moorish Alcazaba, the bustling port development known as Muelle Uno, the cathedral and the botanical garden are some of the highlights and are well worth exploring. Malaga also has the nearest airport and is also accessible within one hour. Granada and the famous Alhambra are accessible for a day trip at 100 km (within 1.5 hours), as are the ancient Cordoba Mosque (170 km, within 2 hours) and the wonders of Seville (220 km, 2.5 - 3 hours).
The ski season in the Sierra Nevada mountains (the second highest range in Europe) above Granada is a long one, usually running from November into May, and at less than 1.5 hours drive makes for an easy and delightfully different day trip.
This villa does not have any reviews but the agent has 2 reviews for their other properties.
This villa is:
Outside this villa in Canillas de Aceituno, SpainThis villa has a pool.
Prices and availability
Updated 23 February 2018
- Your booking
- Available start/end date
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 23 February - 22 June 2018: the minimum stay is 2 nights.
- 23 June - 24 August 2018: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 2 nights.
- 25 August 2018 - 21 June 2019: the minimum stay is 2 nights.
- 22 June - 23 August 2019: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 2 nights.
- 24 August 2019 - 30 December 2024: the minimum stay is 2 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£881.34 per booking, paid locally
4 bedrooms, Sleeps 8
DVD/Blu-ray player, Internet / WiFi
Air conditioning, Central heating, Open fire, Car hire optional
Hen or stag groups, Pets