Cadaqués villas and apartments
Check out our villas and apartments in Cadaqués, Spain
Holiday homes for rent in Cadaques
Situated in the heart of Cap de Creus peninsula, in the Alt Emporda district of Girona Province, Cadaques is an upscale cultural town on the Costa Brava, located in northeastern Spain. Often dubbed as an island on the coast, enjoy a Mediterranean summer escape away from the sun-seeking masses, and be taken in by its authentic Catalonian charm while exploring the world of Salvador Dali, the beautiful beaches of Cap de Creus and the unspoiled landscape of neighbouring Portlligat. 16th century Santa Maria Church stands tall over the historic old town, home to an abundance of museums and art galleries scattered along the maze of steep, rustic streets adorned with flower pots.
A visit to Cadaques Museum will introduce you to the works of local artists, holding regular exhibitions. But for art lovers, the main attraction bringing in the crowds each year is Salvador Dali House museum in his home town Portlligat, just a 15 minute walk from Cadaques old town. In the evenings, the lively marina is the perfect place to enjoy a glass of local wine and traditional tapas meal as the Mediterranean sun sets. Immerse yourself in the wild beauty of Cap de Creus Natural Park and make the most of its rugged coastline, fringed by beautiful beaches and quiet coves overlooking the mountain landscape. Stretching across land and sea, Cap de Creus offers excellent hiking trails, with dramatic vistas over the crystal-clear waters and wind-beaten coast.
The best way to get around Cadaques is by foot. You can leave your car at one of the big parking lots at the outskirts of the town. Due to a winding mountain road, car hire is the best way to get to Cadaques, which is 1.5 hours from Girona and 2.5 hours from Barcelona Airport. Another option is to take a train either from Barcelona or Girona to Figueres, with less than an hour's drive from Cadaques.
- Direct flights from the UK to Girona and Barcelona Airport and mainland Europe take just over 2 hours, with a 1.5 hour drive from Girona and 2.5 hour drive from Barcelona to Cadaques.
- July is the hottest month with daytime highs of 30°C. The coldest months are January and February with highs of 13°C.
- The average sea temperature in summer is 23°C.
- Declared a natural park in 1998, Cap de Creus is the first natural park in Catalonia covering both sea and land.
- Cap de Creus is the most eastern point of Spain, making it the first place bathed by the sun on the Iberian peninsula.