La Bagatelle Villa
Villa with 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and swimming pool in Saint Lucia
Booking cost: £0.00
Pay onlybooking deposit
From £2,419 per week
Villa to rent in Saint Lucia
Villa overview - owner's description
La Bagatelle Villa is located off of the Anse Chastanet road in Soufriere, St. Lucia, West Indies. It is a two story house facing southwest and has marvelous views of the famous Piton mountains.
La Bagatelle Villa is located off of the Anse Chastanet road in Soufriere, St. Lucia, West Indies. It is a two story house facing southwest and has marvelous views of the famous Piton mountains, the sea and St. Vincent is visible on clear days.
The villa was completely reconstructed in 1999 and features greenheart wood floors, Italian tiled bathrooms, two large bedrooms with antique West Indian four poster beds, antique tables and armoires. The walls and ceilings have been painted a blend of soft greys, off whites and whites. The total habitable space is 5400 sq.ft. The living room, pool and kitchen are upstairs. The living room is 2200 sq. ft. with two settees covered in Ian Mankin fabric with large soft cushions. There are various chairs and extra tables scattered around the outer terrace. The pool is 18ft x 10ft and has a clay tiled terrace to the side for the cushioned pool loungers. It is always possible to sit in the shade if you prefer. There is a four poster day bed for reading and napping upstairs and a bathroom by the pool. The kitchen is completely equipped with a large fridge, gas stove, toaster, china, glassware etc for eight. The staff have there own bathroom in the pantry area of the kitchen.
The bedrooms are downstairs and the pale blue room has two antique four poster beds. One is a double (4ft6") and the other is a queen size (5ft6"). There is an old cane chaise lounge, carved cheval mirror, red cedar chest of drawers and a Chinese carpet on the hardwood floor. The adjoining bathroom has a shower and two sinks plus a closet for hanging clothes. Both bedrooms have ceiling fans and the windows and doors have moveable wooden louvers. The master bedroom has a 6ftx7ft king size West Indian four poster bed, two antique bedside tables, cheval mirror, red cedar armoire and Chinese rug. The bathroom is very large with a closet for linens and clothes, Italian tiled shower and large tiled countertop space.
The gardens around the house have been replanted with bougainvillea growing up the walls, poinsettias, pink and white vincas, white and blue thunbergia blossoms hanging along the railings, fragrant white ginger lilies and bamboo. The owners of La Bagatelle live next door and their tennis court below the house is available to you.
The price includes a maid and a cook plus a man who will take care of the pool and garden. Anse Chastanet beach is a five minute drive and has superb diving facilities. The snorkeling just off the beach is a protected marine park. The Soufriere area of St. Lucia is the most beautiful part of the island with its Sulphur Springs, Botanical Gardens and Mineral Baths, rain forest and unspoiled coastline. This villa is perfect for people who appreciate natural beauty and lovely surroundings.
Bedroom 1: King size bed, Large bathroom with shower and closet, Antique bedside tables, Cheval mirror, Armoire, Ceiling fan.
Bedroom 2: Queen and double beds, Chaise lounge, Cheval mirror, Chest of drawers, Adjoining bathroom with shower, 2 sinks and a closet, Ceiling fan.
- Ceiling fans
- High speed (ADSL) wireless internet access
- Hair dryer
- Refrigerator, Stove, Toaster, China glassware, Coffee maker, Food processor, Gelato Ice cream machine, Blender.
- Sun terrace with sun beds and cushions
*Please note that there are no window screens nor air conditioning on this property.
St Lucia is located midway down the Eastern Caribbean chain, between Martinique and St. Vincent, and north of Barbados. St. Lucia is only 27 miles long and 14 miles wide. The Atlantic Ocean meets its eastern shore, while the beaches of the west coast owe their beauty to the calm Caribbean Sea.
Saint Lucia is the ideal destination for adults and children alike. Whether you are searching for romance, adventure, or rejuvenation from the stresses and strains of everyday life, St Lucia promises all those and the holiday of a lifetime, offering something for everyone.
Underneath the glorious Carribean sun, St Lucia has a genuine natural landscape of palm fringed beaches, miles of unspoilt rainforest and the breathtaking Piton mountains.
For children (as well as those young at heart and mind!) there are water parks throughout the island and ATV adventures and rainforest zip lining are family favourites. Many of the island's resorts offer children's activities so parents can enjoy a cocktail or couples massage whilst knowing that the kids are safe and enjoying their ultimate childhood holiday.
St Lucia is also a romantic paradise for couples; bask together under the Carribean Sun, sail into a champagne sunset and relax under the vast starry sky.
For all those who travel to this island, tropical weather, glorious weather and the holiday of a lifetime truly does await.
La Bagatelle is situated in Soufriere on the west coast on the island of St Lucia. St Lucia is located midway down the Eastern Caribbean chain, between Martinique and St. Vincent, and north of Barbados. St. Lucia is only 27 miles long and 14 miles wide. The Atlantic Ocean meets its eastern shore, while the beaches of the west coast owe their beauty to the calm Caribbean Sea.
- Tennis court next door.
- 5 minute drive to Anse Chastanet beach with superb diving and snorkelling facilities.
- Massages available on site.
- Housekeeping: Mon-Sat, 9am-3pm*
*However housekeepers are not trained nannies and should not be expected to look after and/or babysit infants and children. Any arrangements made with them will be at your own risk.
- Maximum 4 guests
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Villa. Smoking is however permitted in the open living room area and around the pool.
- 11% Government Tax.
- Prices may be subject to local taxes and service charges where applicable and may change without notice.
- Actual exchange rate may vary
- Please note check in 2 pm/check out 12 noon. Late check outs can be granted upon request, subject to availability, and after paying an applicable fee of US$100.
- All damages and/or missing items are accountable under the damages contract. All charges are to be settled prior to departure.
- International calls cannot be made from the telephones at the villas
- For Christmas/New Years bookings, a 50% Non refundable deposit is required. We strongly recommend that you take out travel insurance to cover you in the eventuality of a cancellation.
- No pets allowed on the property.
- Rates are based on double occuancy.
- Please note that our housekeepers are not trained nannies and should not be expected to look after and/or babysit infants and children. If you do make babysitting arrangements with the staff, please be advised this is at your own risk.
This villa does not have any reviews but the agent has 1 review for their other properties.
Outside this villa in Saint LuciaThis villa has a pool and a tennis court.
Prices and availability
Updated 20 September 2017
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 14 April - 14 December 2017: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 15 December 2017 - 14 April 2018: the minimum stay is 5 nights.
- 15 April 2018 - 15 April 2024: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£739.64 per booking, paid locally
2 bedrooms, Sleeps 4
DVD/Blu-ray player, Internet / WiFi, TV, Satellite / cable
Car hire optional