4 Bedroom Villa With Pool
Villa with 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and swimming pool in Tavira, Algarve
Booking cost: £0.00
From £534 per week
Villa to rent in Tavira, Algarve
Villa overview - owner's description
Tranquillity, relaxation, unspoilt countryside, an enchanting town and sensational beaches are all to be found in and around the villa.
Set in a quiet location, amidst acres of orange groves near the Gilao River and Natural waterfalls at Monihos da Rocha. The villa is situated 3 km north from the centre of Tavira, one of the Algarves loveliest towns, which although popular, has retained its ancient architecture and tree shaded squares. The villa is ideal for a family or golfing group seeking a relaxing holiday. From a tranquil base, there is much to enjoy. Cultural strolls around Tavira, or ferry boat trips to fantastic beaches on offshore islands. Leisurely drives through the countryside or jaunt across the border to savour the Splendour in Seville.
A trip to the main town of Tavira, a historic tuna fishing port, is a must. Tavira is one of the Algarves oldest and most beautiful towns. Its a quirky gem with a hilltop castle, 39 surviving churches and chapels, jumbly houses, towers, medieval battlements and famous roman bridge. Elegant cafes spill out onto streets lined with feathery pepper tress and its restaurants serve the best seafood on the coast. There are plenty of cosy restaurants to relax and enjoy the wonderful selection of fresh seafood accompanied by the famous Portuguese wines.
The villa has marbles tiles throughout the ground floor. The lounge/diner is comfortably furnished with a sofa, 2 armchairs, dining table and chairs, an open fireplace, Satellite TV and VCR and has access onto the patio. There is a super private swimming pool to refresh sun-scorched bodies, and to the side of the patio there is a built-in barbecue ideal for those group evening meals with grilled sardines washed down with local wine. There are two ground floor bedrooms, a twin plus a double. These share a full bathroom. Upstairs, there are two twin bedrooms and a bathroom. All bedrooms have built-in wardrobes. The Kitchen is equipped with a gas oven with 4 rings, fridge-freezer, microwave and washing machine.
Features & Brochure / Information Pack
- Detached villa with private swimming pool and parking.
- Villa, swimming pool, patio, barbecue area, garden and parking area are situated in a 900 metre squared private enclosure (30 metres by 30 metres).
- 4 bedrooms: 1 double bedroom and 3 twin bedrooms, all with built in wardrobes.
- Lounge with digital satellite (freesat), 32” flat-screen LCD TV, DVD player and CD / radio stereo.
- Kitchen with full sized electric oven, gas hob with 4 rings, dishwasher, fridge-freezer, microwave, toaster, kettle, washing machine, ironing board and iron.
- 2 eating / dining areas: table & chairs in kitchen and dining table & chairs at the side of the lounge.
- 1 bathroom downstairs, 1 shower room with toilet and wash-basin upstairs (bathroom towels and hair dryer provided).
- Private swimming pool: 10 metres by 5 metres (Shallow End: 1m 20cm, Deep End: 2m). The swimming pool light is set on a timer to come on automatically in the evening.
- Large tiled patio area with tables, chairs, sun-beds and sun-umbrellas.
- Built in barbecue.
- External lights covering patio and barbeque area.
- Maid service and pool cleaning service.
- 2 ½ miles from centre of Tavira, one of the Algarve’s most beautiful towns.
- 3 ½ miles from fabulous stretch of sandy beach of Tavira Island (Ilha de Tavira), one of the most beautiful and extensive of the sandspit beaches in the Algarve that can be accessed by a short and enjoyable ferry ride, or by a toy train from the neighbouring holiday village of Pedras d’el Rei.
- 3 Golf courses nearby: Benamor (3 miles from villa), Quinta da Ria (8 miles from villa) and Quinta de Cima (8 miles from villa).
- 25 miles from Faro Airport.
- Restaurants: variety of local restaurants and some international restaurants in Tavira, with excellent and well renowned fish restaurants in nearby Santa Luzia.
- Shops: some antique, ceramic and gift shops and a several boutiques in Tavira.
- Nightlife: the Docas Bars, Bubibar and Ubi Discotheque are popular nightspots, and there are several bars beside the river and throughout Tavira town.
- Public Transport: Some 15 trains and at least 8 express buses run daily between Faro and Tavira (30 to 50 minutes).
A 60 page brochure is also available at gostay.eu - the brochure is available in PDF or HTML format. The brochure / information pack covers everything you need to know about the villa and the beautiful town of Tavira.
6 Guest Occupancy Policy
We have a maximum occupancy policy of 6 guests (no exceptions).
This villa has 26 verified reviews.
26 out of 26 people recommend staying here
We have just returned from a 2 week stay which we thoroughly enjoyed. It's a private villa with a fantastic pool. It's perfect for a relaxing hideaway with the family. Its in a great location and access to amenities and the main attractions only a 10 minute drive away.
Fantastic holiday in rural and deadend street, safe for the children with an amazing swimming pool.
I highly recommend Tavira, great area for restaurants, small local shops and beaches on the island.
We arrived at the villa late evening and were met by Ian the manager who handed us the key and showed us around and answered any questions we had. He was very helpful and it was comforting to know we had someone to contact in case of any problems...which there was not. The facilities at the villa were really good and it was a feeling of home from home. Plenty of space and very clean and homely. Outside, the patio area is large and a lovely feeling of space and privacy which stayed with us during our stay of 10 days. The pool really is superb and I swam more in the pool than I had done in the UK for over a year! A hire car was essential. We used Avis rentals at Faro Airport but there are many to choose from. We travelled from the villa to local supermarkets which are a short drive away and also into Tavira on a regular basis. The roads are a pleasure to drive on compared to the busy roads of South East England. The surrounding area is worth exploring by car and we ventured from the Vila and headed north into mountainous areas which was stunning. Overall, this was the best relaxing holiday we have had and I cannot fault the villa. Communications with Charles and latterly Ian were professional and personal. We look forward to returning in the future!
Although we have been to Tavira before we found the property was in a more convenient place to explore the local area,close to Tavira and many lovely beaches. Barril with its little train to access the amazing long beach is great,its not far by car to most beaches and an easy drive to Villa Real and the border with Spain. We did spend time trying to find the waterfalls at Monihos da Rocha only to find that access is not possible,as there was a fire a couple of years ago and it burnt down the bridge to the falls.
The Villa is away from the main road in a small avenue of houses it is very quite and peaceful,the pool and garden were nice and we spent quite a bit of time relaxing by the pool.
Inside the the Villa it has a good size kitchen,bathroom,lounge and bedrooms,which were all clean and kept in very good condition.Owing to a short illness while we were there,we could not get out every evening therefore it was great having a television with British programmes.
We had a lovely stay and would definitely recommend Vila Alecrim to our family and friends,hopefully we will return soon.
We have just returned from a fabulous fortnight at Villa Alecrim, the villa is absolutely lovely, much nicer than the photographs which need to be updat ed as the bathroom and lounge are much nicer now than in the pics. There was plenty of space for all of us and the grounds are lovely and big and the pool is brilliant, a lot bigger than most private pools. The kitchen is very well equipped as is the whole place. We were met at the villa on our arrival (which was early but this wasnt a problem, we offloaded our luggage and went into town for a while) by Ian and Jan who were both lovely, showed us around and gave us some very helpful tips for our stay.
Tavira is a beautiful town and very unspoilt by tourism which was perfect for us.
I would say that a car is essential as the info says a 25 minute walk into town - this may apply to Usain Bolt but for us it would of been about an hour and probably not a nice route to walk either!! We had a car so this wasnt a problem anyway and parking was very easy in town and in the evenings we got a taxi which was around €6 each way. I would definitely recommend this villa to anyone it was totally idyllic and much as I like to go to different places every year for our holidays, we are seriously considering going back next year.
This villa is:
Sights and attractions
Outside this villa in Tavira, AlgarveThis villa is in a village and in a quiet area near the sea. It has a pool, a barbecue, outside lighting and a garden. Car hire is recommended as the villa is less than a 15 minute walk to at least a couple of shops, bars and restaurants; however parking is available if required.
Prices and availability
Updated 20 January 2017
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Early booking discounts
- Arrive between 1 January - 31 March and receive 10% off if the booking is made 364 days before the arrival date.
- Arrive between 1 April - 30 June and receive 10% off if the booking is made 364 days before the arrival date.
- Arrive between 1 September - 30 November and receive 10% off if the booking is made 364 days before the arrival date.
- Arrive between 1 December - 31 December and receive 10% off if the booking is made 364 days before the arrival date.
Late booking discounts
- Receive 20% off if the booking is made within 14 days of the arrival date.
- Receive 15% off if the booking is made within 28 days of the arrival date.
- Receive 10% off if the booking is made within 42 days of the arrival date.
Long stay discounts
- Arrive between 1 January - 30 June and receive 13% off if the booking is for 29 days or more.
- Arrive between 1 January - 30 June and receive 10% off if the booking is for 22 days or more.
- Arrive between 1 January - 30 June and receive 8% off if the booking is for 15 days or more.
- Arrive between 1 January - 30 June and receive 5% off if the booking is for 11 days or more.
- Arrive between 1 January - 30 June and receive 3% off if the booking is for 8 days or more.
- Arrive between 1 September - 31 December and receive 10% off if the booking is for 22 days or more.
- Arrive between 1 September - 31 December and receive 5% off if the booking is for 11 days or more.
- Arrive between 1 September - 31 December and receive 3% off if the booking is for 8 days or more.
- Arrive between 1 September - 31 December and receive 8% off if the booking is for 15 days or more.
- Arrive between 1 September - 31 December and receive 13% off if the booking is for 29 days or more.
If more than one discount matches your arrival date, please be aware that only one discount of the highest amount will be applied to your booking.
4 bedrooms, Sleeps 6:
- 1 double bed
- 2 single beds
- 2 single beds
- 2 single beds
2 bathrooms, 2 Separate WC's
Private pool, Size 10m x 5m, Depth 1.2m to 2m
CD player, DVD/Blu-ray player, Internet / WiFi, Radio, TV Languages in English, Local, Satellite / cable
Living area seats 6, Dining area seats 6, Open fire, Hair dryer, Iron / board, Towels / linen, Washing machine, Car hire recommended
Cooker, Crockery, Cutlery, Dishwasher, Fridge, Freezer, Glassware, Kettle, Microwave, Oven, Pots / pans, Toaster
Barbecue, Outside lighting, Parking, Private garden
Private Owner From Ammanford, United Kingdom Member since Jul 2003
Past bookings: 95 bookings
Response rate: 82%
Response time: within 1 hour
Last logged in: 13 days ago
Number of properties: 1