Villa with 5 bedrooms, 6 bathrooms and private pool in Praia da Luz, Algarve
From £993 per week
Villa to rent in Praia da Luz, Algarve
Luxury 5 bedroom villa with private heated swimming pool and tennis court. Set in a beautiful 1 acre garden only 8 minutes walk from the beach.
Share this holiday home
Villa overview - owner's description
Vila Margarida is one of the best villas in the lovely family resort of Praia da Luz. It has the luxury of being only an 8 minute walk from the beach and most shops and restaurants, but still retaining a very high degree of privacy owing to its lovely mature garden of approximately an acre. The villa and heated pool are located fairly centrally on the plot and have lovely views to the sea and cliffs that overlook the beautiful bay. There is also a private hard surface tennis court in the grounds exclusively for guests use.
Next to the pool is a wonderful covered bar,barbeque and dining area draped with bourgainvillea which stays wonderfully cool in the heat of the day.This area also has a fridge with small freezer, twin gas rings and a sink with hot and cold water making poolside dining and drinking very convenient.You may well never use the indoor kitchen!
Villa rental at Vila Margarida is an excellent choice for a larger group, particularly if the age range is mixed as there are so many options. Some of the group can play tennis whilst others relax by the pool or go for a stroll down to the beach and along the sea-front. The beach at Luz is lovely, but we don't spend much time there as we have real trouble tearing our family away from the luxury and comforts of Vila Margarida and its pool and garden!
Accommodation and Facilities
The villa itself has 5 bedrooms all but one twin on the ground floor. The master double bedroom is very large with a dressing area and an en-suite bathroom. This bedroom along with the two twin bedrooms have double doors opening onto the pool terrace. These two twin bedrooms share use of a family bathroom.The fourth bedroom is at the other side of the villa with a large window looking out to the orchard area. It has a double bed and a large en-suite shower room. The new 5th bedroom twin bedded and is located on the first floor and there is an upstairs shower room with shower cubicle, toilet and basin adjacent.
Also on the first floor there is a large light airy lounge with three sets of double doors opening to a wonderful large terrace with lovely views to the sea. The lounge has ample seating for 8 people and a modern TV with internet based free to air UK TV channels,DVD, CD/cassette/radio. Adjacent to the lounge is the dining room which also opens onto the terrace. It has a table and seating for 8. On the terrace there is a further large dining table seating 8. There is a covered terrace area with wicker sofas and chairs.
There is also a modern well equipped fitted kitchen (re-fitted winter 2010-11) with cooker, dishwasher, microwave,large fridge/freezer washing machine etc.
Vila Margarida also offers free wifi broadband.
The pool terrace is large and well equipped with numerous sun-loungers. The garden has a lawned area, orchard, flower beds and specemin plants.
There is regular maid service ( 2-3 times per week).
Praia da Luz and area
Praia da Luz is a lovely family orientated resort towards the quieter Western end of the Algarve coast.The beach is long and sandy and backed by a beautiful palm tree lined promenade. It has numerous restaurants, bars and shops, but only one small nightclub on the sea front.
The larger town of Lagos is only a 10 minute drive away and this has a more cosmopolitan nightlife along with a lovely marina, loads more restaurants and shops and several sandy beaches.
The historic nautical town of Sagres and Cape St Vincent, the most south westerly point in Europe is a 15 minute drive. Close to these heading up the West coast are fabulous Atlantic beaches with large breakers ideal for surfing. Several of these beaches have their own surf school. 25 minutes in the other direction is the old capital of the Algarve Silves with its moorish castle and old cork factory converted into a museum and entertainment centre.
The Algarve is famous for its fabulous golf courses and the closest, Boavista, is only a 5 min drive.There are several more within a short drive
As Vila Margarida is so close to all these amenities car hire is by no means essential although we would recommend it to allow exploration of the lovely Algarve coastline, mountains and towns.
This villa has 1 verified review.
1 out of 1 people recommend staying here
4 other reviews
1 - 4 of 4
This villa is:
Sights and attractions
Outside this villa in Praia da Luz, AlgarveThis villa is in the town near the sea. It has a pool, a balcony, a barbecue, outside lighting and a garden. Car hire is not necessary as the villa is less than a 15 minute walk to a large selection of shops, bars, restaurants; however parking is available if required.
Prices and availability
Updated 25 November 2018
- Your booking
- Available start/end date
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 21 February - 1 March 2019: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 31 March - 14 July 2019: changeover day is Saturday, bookings must be for whole weeks only and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 11 August - 18 August 2019: changeover day is Saturday, bookings must be for whole weeks only and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 1 September - 2 November 2019: changeover day is Saturday, bookings must be for whole weeks only and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 3 November 2019 - 1 March 2020: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 31 March - 14 July 2020: changeover day is Saturday, bookings must be for whole weeks only and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 11 August - 18 August 2020: changeover day is Saturday, bookings must be for whole weeks only and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 1 September - 2 November 2020: changeover day is Saturday, bookings must be for whole weeks only and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 3 November 2020 - 1 March 2021: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 31 March - 14 July 2021: changeover day is Saturday, bookings must be for whole weeks only and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 11 August - 18 August 2021: changeover day is Saturday, bookings must be for whole weeks only and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 1 September - 2 November 2021: changeover day is Saturday, bookings must be for whole weeks only and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 3 November 2021 - 1 March 2022: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
Late booking discounts
- Arrive between 1 March - 31 October and receive 20% off if the booking is made within 8 weeks of the arrival date.
- Arrive between 1 April - 31 October and receive 30% off if the booking is made within 4 weeks of the arrival date.
Long stay discounts
- Arrive between 1 January - 28 February and receive 25% off if the booking is for 21 days or more.
- Arrive between 1 November - 31 December and receive 25% off if the booking is for 21 days or more.
If more than one discount matches your arrival date, please be aware that only one discount of the highest amount will be applied to your booking.
£25.00 per week, paid locally
High chair hire
£10.00 per week, paid locally
Folding bed hire. If you would like toi accommodate an additional person at Vila Margarida on top of the usual occupancy of 8, or if you do not wish to use double beds for 2 people you may wish to hire an additional flding bed.
£70.00 per week, paid locally
Pool heating is available at an additional charge if wanted and we aim for a pool temperature of 28-29C. Please see pool pre-heat notes below.
£250.00 per week, paid with booking
Pool pre-heat. If the pool is not heated the week before your stay you may wish to pay an additional charge to have the pool pre-heated for your arrival. If you chosse not to takee this option, but do wish the pool to be heated for your stay it may not be up to the desired temperature for the first few days.Please note in most cases a pre-heat is NOT required as the villa is booked most weeks and most guests choose to have the pool heated.
£100.00 per week, paid with booking
5 bedrooms, Sleeps 10:
- 1 double bed and en suite
- 1 double bed and en suite
- 2 single beds
- 2 single beds
- 2 single beds
6 bathrooms including 2 en suites, 4 Separate WC's
Private pool with solar heating
CD player, DVD/Blu-ray player, Internet / WiFi, Radio, TV Languages in English, Local, Satellite / cable
Living area seats 8, Dining area seats 8, Open fire, Clothes drier, Hair dryer, Iron / board, Towels / linen, Washing machine, Car hire optional
Cooker, Crockery, Cutlery, Dishwasher, Fridge, Freezer, Glassware, Kettle, Microwave, Oven, Pots / pans, Toaster
Balcony or terrace, Barbecue, Outside lighting, Parking, Private garden, Sea view, Tennis court
Towels are provided for indoor use. There is the option to pay an additional fee for beach/pool towel hire, otherwise guests should bring their own towels for poolside and beach use please. There is a washing machine for guests' use.
Private Owner From Nr Leighton Buzzard, United Kingdom Member since Apr 2005
Past bookings: 9 bookings
Response rate: 100%
Response time: within 24 minutes
Last seen: a month ago
Number of properties: 2