Silver Coast Family Holiday Home, Walk To Beach, Pool, Wifi
Beach house with 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and private pool in Foz do Arelho, Portugal
From £418 per week
House to rent in Foz do Arelho, Portugal
Unwind at our light and airy, comfortably furnished 3 bedroomed house with lagoon and village views. Free wifi.
Share this holiday home
House overview - owner's description
Unwind at our light and airy, neutrally decorated, comfortably furnished 3 bedroomed house with lagoon and village views.
Modern and spacious, welcome to our family’s second home in Foz do Arelho. Ideal for couples or families, it's perfectly positioned to make the most of what the Silver Coast has to offer. We’re a 10 minute walk to spend the day at the unspoilt beach, just a 5 minute walk for dinner in the village, and 5 minutes catch the magnificent sunsets from the cliff board walk. We’re well connected for the main routes to Lisbon, the free summer open top Foz bus stops just next door and we’re a short car ride to all the amenities of Caldas da Rainha.
The house and garden have just been painted and planted and we’re ready to welcome you for a relaxing stay. Surrounded by lavender and young trees, the corner garden offers plenty of space to lounge in the sun all day long, dine alfresco on the large furnished deck and make the most of the regional meat and fish.
On the ground floor is a large lounge-dining room with a pellet burner for chillier evenings and double aspect patio doors for the cool West Coast breeze on warmer days. Dive into a book, chill in front of a film or just relax on the super comfy corner couch, or catch the last rays of the day on the wrap around balcony. On this floor you'll also find a double bedroom with a king size bed and Juliette balcony and a shower room. There is of course a fully equipped kitchen, with everything you’d need for a home away from home including a dishwasher & microwave, a few recipe books for inspiration and some picnic gear for heading to the beach. There’s also a laundry room with a washing machine and plenty of indoor drying space.
Upstairs is the master bedroom, with a king-sized bed, plenty of storage and its own wrap around balcony - enjoy a moment of calm first thing in the morning overlooking the lagoon. Next door is the family bathroom with an over bath shower. Across the landing is a large bedroom with 2 single beds with a Juliette balcony and lots of wardrobe space.
Try your hand at the various water-sports on offer within the sheltered waters of the lagoon, scour the shoreline for seashells or find your own spot to relax on the ample white sands of the Atlantic facing beach. There’s plenty of sea facing bars and restaurants on the front, and a number of excellent restaurants and cafés in the village, along with a couple of small supermarkets, a butcher, takeaway and a bank. For a change of scene, head 20 minutes north to Sao Martinho, Salir do Porto and the world class surf of Nazare. 15 minutes inland takes you to the walled medieval town of Obidos with its year-round festivals, and a 10 minute drive takes you to the historic spa town of Caldas da Rainha, with plenty of shops and supermarkets. Close by is a number of golf courses, and Lisbon is less than an hour's drive.
After 15 successful years of renting out our holiday home on the Algarve, the time felt right to make the move to the tranquil Silver Coast. We’re experienced in handling guest bookings and queries and have handpicked a local Portuguese and English-speaking team to look after our guests as well as making sure the house is well maintained when we can’t get there. We’re still getting to know the area too, but we’ll share everything we know in an information file, and we’ll make sure you can enjoy a cool beer, juice or a cup of tea when you arrive, so that your holiday gets off to the relaxed start that you’d like it to.
Rental licence or registration number: 82672/AL
2 other reviews
1 - 2 of 2
This house is:
Sights and attractions
Outside this house in Foz do Arelho, PortugalThis house is in a village near the beach. It has a pool, a balcony, a barbecue, outside lighting and a patio heating. Car hire is recommended as the house is less than a 15 minute walk to at least a couple of shops, bars and restaurants; however parking is available if required.
Prices and availability
Updated 30 December 2018
- Your booking
- Available start/end date
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 21 March - 31 May 2019: the minimum stay is 4 nights.
- 1 June - 30 June 2019: the minimum stay is 5 nights.
- 1 July - 31 July 2019: the minimum stay is 4 nights.
- 1 August - 31 August 2019: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 1 September - 30 September 2019: the minimum stay is 5 nights.
- 1 October - 31 October 2019: the minimum stay is 4 nights.
- 1 November - 30 November 2019: the minimum stay is 5 nights.
- 1 April - 31 May 2020: the minimum stay is 4 nights.
- 1 June - 30 June 2020: the minimum stay is 5 nights.
- 1 July - 31 July 2020: the minimum stay is 4 nights.
- 1 August - 31 August 2020: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 1 September - 30 September 2020: the minimum stay is 5 nights.
- 1 October - 31 October 2020: the minimum stay is 4 nights.
- 1 November - 30 November 2020: the minimum stay is 5 nights.
- 1 April - 31 May 2021: the minimum stay is 4 nights.
- 1 June - 30 June 2021: the minimum stay is 5 nights.
- 1 July - 31 July 2021: the minimum stay is 4 nights.
- 1 August - 31 August 2021: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 1 September - 30 September 2021: the minimum stay is 5 nights.
- 1 October - 31 October 2021: the minimum stay is 4 nights.
- 1 November - 30 November 2021: the minimum stay is 5 nights.
Long stay discounts
- Arrive between 7 May - 1 July and receive 10% off if the booking is for 21 days or more.
- Arrive between 1 September - 31 October and receive 10% off if the booking is for 21 days or more.
If more than one discount matches your arrival date, please be aware that only one discount of the highest amount will be applied to your booking.
3 bedrooms, Sleeps 6:
- 1 king size bed
- 1 king size bed
- 2 single beds
Private pool, Size 2.4m x 2.4m, Depth 1.2m to 1.2m
CD player, DVD/Blu-ray player, Internet / WiFi, Radio, TV Languages in English, Local, Satellite / cable
Living area seats 6, Dining area seats 6, Open fire, Clothes drier, Hair dryer, Iron / board, Towels / linen, Washing machine, Car hire recommended
Cooker, Crockery, Cutlery, Dishwasher, Fridge, Freezer, Glassware, Kettle, Microwave, Oven, Pots / pans, Toaster
Balcony or terrace, Barbecue, Outside lighting, Parking, Patio heating, Private garden, Sea view
Circular plunge pool
Private Owner From Basingstoke, United Kingdom Member since Aug 2018
Last seen: 2 months ago
Number of properties: 1