A luxurious 4 bed, 3 bathroom Townhouse, near Vilamoura & Quarteira. Fully fitted Kitchen, games room, communal gardens & swimming pools. Close to beach. Sleeps 8 but another villa available if reqd.
A luxurious townhouse located within Fonte Santa Village. The house is one of only 12 townhouses. The house has 4 large bedrooms (2 with en-suite, 2 bedrooms downstairs), large open plan living room with dining area, fully fitted kitchen, library, games room, private garage, front garden, back garden with brick BBQ, that backs onto secure communal landscaped gardens with an outdoor swimming pool and a children’s pool. Close to the beach and many international restaurants and Vilamoura's nightlife.
Fonte Santa Village is conveniently located between Quarteira, Almancil and Vilamoura with close proximity to Vila Sol (5mins), Vale do Lobo (15mins) and Quinta do Lago (15mins) which all have a full range of leisure facilities including golf courses, beaches, horse riding, tennis and much more. All of these leisure facilities are within easy reach as are the many bars and international restaurants. There are many bars and restaurants within easy reach (5 mins), offering a wide selection of food ranging from Portuguese, Indian, Chinese, Swiss and several Michelin star restaurants. There is now a Lidl supermarket opposite the house for all your shopping needs.
The townhouse is furnished and decorated to the highest contemporary design standard and has the following facilities:
• 42inch Plasma TV, DVD, Sky Satellite receiver for basic English speaking channels but not BBC/ITV/Ch4/Ch5 or Sky paid channels.
• Aircon in every bedroom room with heating capability
• 1 bedroom with a double bed and 3 bedrooms with twin single beds that zip together to form doubles
• Sofa bed in Lounge if necessary (making maximum people 10)
• Italian luxury fully fitted kitchen
• Wood Floors in all Bedrooms
• Home Safe fitted for security of valueables
• Games room in basement, with pool table and table tennis
• Library of books and magazines in mezzanine library area
• Electric Window Shutters with central control
• Central Vacuum System
• Alarm System, Smoke and Flood detection. Video surveillance entry system
Further details of the exterior:
• Large communal pool with small child pool and secure landscaped gardens
• Secure underground parking in basement for 3 cars.
• Large private sun terrace in back garden with sun loungers and outdoor dining table and chairs for 8 people.
• Patio with brick built barbeque.
• 2 Large Solariums/Roof Terraces.
Fonte Santa Village, Quarteira and Vilamoura Areas
The Algarve region is located on the south coast of Portugal. It has all year round great weather, with the hottest months being June to September, it has been a popular holiday destination for many years. There are great golden sandy beaches many with water sports centres and seaside bars and restaurants. The Algarve also boasts some of the best golf courses in Europe.
FONTE SANTA VILLAGE is between Vilamoura & Almancil and on the outskirts of Quarteira. Its set in a rural area, close to beaches and with everything within easy reach. It is excellent for sun, sea, sand, fishing, water sports, golf, horse riding, walking, and sightseeing. It is very close to some of the best golf courses in Europe. Fonte Santa boasts a natural spring which is said to have healing qualities.
QUARTEIRA is one of the Algarves top resorts with clean safe bathing and long, sandy beaches running uninterrupted to Faro. Very popular with holidaymakers during summer and close to international standard golf courses. With the beach, the main attraction is a long promenade (Algarves longest), bordered by palms and flowering hibiscus. In the evening, it is filled with an endless stream of families and couples inspecting restaurant menus (all feature freshly-caught fish direct from the local market, one of the best in the Algarve). Besides its 13th-century parish church, the Gypsy market (Weds.) is a major attraction. Restaurants/Bars are close to hand & there is a regular tourist land train that runs to Vilamoura.
VILAMOURA (an area rather than an actual town) is one of the largest single tourist complexes in Europe and covers some 2,000 hectares. Vilamoura has most forms of sport/entertainment, and a long sandy beach. Amongst the many attractions/facilities there are 5 different Golf Courses, a large Marina, a Lawn Bowling Club, a Tennis Centre, a Sports Club, a Shooting Club, Nightclubs, an International Casino, a Cinema, a private Airstrip and an excellent Riding School. There is a Roman Site & Museum giving a glimpse of the past. There are many different tourist activities available e.g. ballooning, bird watching, boat trips, coach trips, or excursions in a Safari Jeep to explore the local countryside. You can book great excursions from Vilamoura Marina. You can even book a wine tasting tour of Cliff Richards’s vineyard. There are many local and international restaurants, serving a variety of dishes ranging from the local peri peri chicken to Indian, Chinese and Italian specialties. The night-life offers a selection of bars, clubs and a superb international dinner with floor show at the Casino.
GOLF: The Algarve is a golfers paradise boasting 25+ championship courses. Vila Sol is 5 mins away. 12 courses are within 10km distance & the 5 Vilamoura courses (Pinhal, Laguna, Old Course, Millennium & Victoria) are a 5/10 min drive, as are those at Val do Lobo & Quinta do Lago.
DISTANCES from the house: Quarteira 2km, Vilamoura 2km, Loule 7km, Almancil 5km, Faro Airport 20km. Quarteira beach 2km, Trafal beach 2km, 6 restaurants within 1km, Aqua Show water park 1km, 12 Golf courses within 10km
Faro airport is approximately 2h 30min flying time from the UK (Luton, Stansted, Gatwick or Heathrow) and easily accessible from most European destinations. Most of the budget airlines (EasyJet, Monarch, etc) fly to Faro all year round.
Similarly regular flights are available from Manchester, Bristol & Glasgow and many other European Airports.
Car hire is recommended and driving conditions are good in the Algarve.
The major car hire (EuroCar, Hertz, Avis, Budget, etc) companies have offices at Faro Airport opposite the Arrivals gate.
There is a bus stop 100mtrs from the House and services run between Faro & Albufeira stopping at such destinations as Almancil, Quarteira & Vilamoura.
The House is managed by a Property Management company based in Almancil about 10 minutes from the house. They will prepare the house including meeting and greeting you with the House keys. They also provide a wide variety of services to ensure you have an enjoyable holiday. These services include car hire, boat hire, bike hire, airport transfers, cot and high chair hire, a fridge filling service, arrange trips, book golf courses and are your main contact for advice and assistance during your stay in Portugal.
Please note that
1). Cleaning & linen/towel changes is once mid-week and on departure.
2). Beach/swimming towels not provided.
3). Instruction/information folder is provided at the house.
4). Welcome pack provided on Arrival.
WEATHER: +3,000hrs/yr sun (more than Costa Brava, California, French Riviera). Abundant flowers/vegetation, & sub tropical climate. April/May the countryside is green & lush with wild flowers, however, to see almond trees in blossom (known as Arabian snow), you should visit in January/February. Winter is one of the sunniest spots in Europe. Sea breezes are deceptive (masking fierce sun), dont forget skin protection, especially in summer, when temps can hit +90sF.
Excellent well maintined property, spotless and well equipt. just a short drive to Vilamoura and Quitera and twenty five mins to Albufeiura. Supermarket just over road. Pool was shared but not really a problem.
Beautiful home and an amazing experience staying here. We were 4 adults, 2 kids under 3 and everyone just loved the layout of the home, along with coming home after a day at the beach and going for a swim. We actually chose to rent on this trip because of our kids and not wanting to stay at our relatives house, living out of our suitcases. Dr. Khebbal was extremely helpful in providing information and detail on where to shop and eat. We went to some exciting beaches in the area, as well as drove to some...big recommendations Praia da Rocha and Praia da Marinha...we look forward to coming back to Portugal in the near future and hopefully renting this property again.
Once we had excepted the cheaper alternative villas were already fully booked, this property appeared to tick all the boxes. Following a smooth journey (except for a final bumpy dirt track) we arrived punctually at the villa not to be disappointed. The villa is modern, spacious well equipped and beautifully maintained. With everything you need already there we spent alot of our time enjoying all it had to offer. The swimming pool is fantastic, quiet, spacious, clean and right at the end of the garden. Many happy hours were spent in the basement playing table-tennis and pool! Places to eat, days out and beaches are all available at a glance in the welcome pack provided. We really could not fault this place, highly recommend it, the smoothest holiday experience from the booking to our return. Thank you
Deborah from Essex
Had a wonderful stay for 2 weeks. The location was excellent, across the road from the one and only Chicken Shack, Lidl was so handy for everyday essentials. The house was very roomy and the games room was a nice touch. The villa was nice and near the pool. The only problem was the ant invasion. They was everywhere. Find a lovely local beach, come out of the Villa and turn left go straight across the main road and follow down and turn right, you could have been in the Carribean. All in all had a wonderful stay, 5th time in Portugal, I love it !!
Ricardo from Portugal
8 other reviews
• “We had a lovely time at the house -which is fabulous-so spacious and well equipped-really good!! We went out and around each day-to Quateria- Almancil-Vilamoura and Villa Lobos. We also went a drive to the hills and to Alte where we had our anniversary meal at a lovely riverside restaurant. We also went to the beaches which are so good- they do live up to their reputation! We ate at the local places and our best meal was at Bistro des Z'artes-which was very good indeed-we gave them your name as a reference! The weather was fantastic hot and sunny each day-we went on a boat trip also-so you can see we were very busy!” – The Dawson’s, from St. Albans, March 2008.
• “It was so convenient having some outdoor toys there already, so we did not have to rush to buy bucket and spades etc. We had a very enjoyable relaxing holiday and hope to visit again in the future. ” – Dalton Family, from Lancashire, August 2008.
• “Fantastic villa, everything just right, great location. We all look forward to coming again next year”. – Mallon Family, from Cambridge, August 2007.
• “Had a lovely 2 weeks, weather great. Recommend the ‘Palace Garden’ Chinese and ‘Marufo 2’ restaurants. Cannot fault the villa at all, it has everything you need and more”. – The Derbyshires from Rugby, August 2007.
• “We had a wonderful holiday with lots of sunbathing and swimming. Thanks for a fantastic week in a fabulous villa. We loved Marufo 2, fantastic food within walking distance. We are sad to go back to rainy London and hope to return next year!” – Mikaela, Michael, Nicole, Rob and Kate, from London, July 2007.
• “We have had a lovely Holiday w wonderful accomadation. We hope to return next year!” – Maggie and Brian Dicken, from Poole, Dorset, May 2007.
• “A wonderful house, good local restaurants and much to keep us most amused, we would love to come again” – Pain Family, from London, May 2007.
• “A wonderful house, good local restaurants and much to keep us most amused, we would love to come again” – Pain Family, from London, May 2007.• “We have had a lovely Holiday w wonderful accomadation. We hope to return next year!” – Maggie and Brian Dicken, from Poole, Dorset, May 2007.• “We had a wonderful holiday with lots of sunbathing and swimming. Thanks for a fantastic week in a fabulous villa. We loved Marufo 2, fantastic food within walking distance. We are sad to go back to rainy London and hope to return next year!” – Mikaela, Michael, Nicole, Rob and Kate, from London, July 2007.• “Had a lovely 2 weeks, weather great. Recommend the ‘Palace Garden’ Chinese and ‘Marufo 2’ restaurants. Cannot fault the villa at all, it has everything you need and more”. – The Derbyshires from Rugby, August 2007.• “Fantastic villa, everything just right, great location. We all look forward to coming again next year”. – Mallon Family, from Cambridge, August 2007.
Bedroom 1: 1 Double bed, En Suite Bedroom 2: 2 Single beds Bedroom 3: 2 Single beds Bedroom 4: 2 Single beds
1 double sofa bed located in Living Room
3 bathrooms, 1 ensuite, 3 Separate WC's
Snooker / pool table
Heating and air conditioning:
Air conditioning Open fire
CD player Clothes drier Cooker Crockery Cutlery DVD/Blu-ray player Dishwasher Freezer Fridge Glassware
Hair dryer Iron / board Kettle Microwave Oven Pots / pans TV Languages in English, Local Toaster Towels / linen Washing machine
Balcony or terrace Barbecue Garage
Outside lighting Parking Private garden
The house is suitable for families with children and has baby equipment (cots, highchairs, monitors etc.) and baby sitting services are available from the English speaking property management company. The company can also help with local knowledge and also offers a number of other guest services such as car hire, Airport collection, boat hire, golf booking, fridge filler, etc. There is also a Lidl supermarket now directly oppersite the house for all your shopping needs.
Sports and activities:
Boat Hire Cycling Fishing Flying Golf Horse Riding Mountain Biking
Sailling Scuba Diving Sports Center Tennis Water Skiing Walking Wind Surfing