Casa Do Moinho
Beach villa with 3 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms and swimming pool in Colares, Lisbon Metropolitan Area
Booking cost: £0.00
Pay onlybooking deposit
From £657 per week
Villa to rent in Colares, Lisbon Metropolitan Area
Villa overview - owner's description
Casa do Moinho is a beautiful and peaceful three bedroom villa with incredible views. Private heated swimming pool, air conditioning and WIFI. Ideal for golfers.
Casa do Moinho is a beautiful villa in a very quite, peaceful area, set in the ridge of the Sintra’s mountains, with a fantastic view towards the Atlantic Ocean and the litoral coast between Cabo da Roca and Peniche. (AL Local Lodging License 47245)
The villa has 1000 m2 of a great care garden with a private heated swimming pool, a delightful barbecue area and a terrace, great for those who wish to combine calm and relaxation enjoying the wonderful view and quite. In the morning you wake up with the bird songs.
Casa do Moinho is a confortable villa with a lovely living and dinning room with a wonderful view towards the Atlantic Ocean, where you can take great moments near the fireplace.
This house has a air conditioned and internet access.
The house has a fully equipped kitchen and a breakfast area, as well as 2 bedrooms, one with private bathroom, and another bathroom with shower.
This house has another private space, a mezanine with a complete bathroom with shower and one bedroom.
You can have a cot for children.
Casa do Moinho is a beautifull villa in Ulgueira, near Cabo da Roca, the westernmost point on the European continent, defined by the poet Camões as “where the land ends and the sea begins”. There visitors can buy an attractive certificate showing they have been there.
- You can find in the surroundings (Azóia-Cabo da Roca, Adraga beach, Praia Grande, Praia das Maçãs), restaurants where you can taste the very appreciated portuguese gastronomy (fish and seafood), one of the best in the world.
It has an excellent location:
-Nearness several white sandy beaches like Adraga (3 Km), considered in 2003 the most beautiful beach in Europe, reached via the village of Almoçageme, deserves a mention owing to its caves on the southern side, with both mountain and beach sceneries.
-Other best known beaches are Praia Grande (where the world championship of surfing is held) and Praia das Maçãs (with plenty restaurants with excellent food, cafés, bars, discotheques as well as shops selling local crafts and a swimming-pool with sea water). A tramline, connects Praia das Maçãs and Sintra in the summer months.
Other wonderful beaches are:
- Praia da Ursa, a naturist beach near Cabo da Roca. Allow a good half hour for the climb back up to your car. No facilities.
- Azenhas do Mar (small but wonderful)
- Aguda (small and quite), Magoito (plenty of facilities) and Samarra (small and quite, no facilities).
-In 15 km you can find another wonderful beach "Guincho"/Cascais where the world championship of windsurf is held.
-5 Km from Colares, a demarcated wine-growing region, famous for its excellent wine, which can be tasted at “Adega Regional de Colares”.
10 Km from Sintra world heritage site declared by Unesco, the most typical village from the Royal family history, could be seen by a horse-drawn carriages around the town and the Sintras mountains.
You can see in the ridge of Sintra mountains historic monuments like Moorish Castle, Monastery of Capuchos, Monserrate Palace, National Palace, Pena Palace, Quinta da Regaleira, Seteais Palace, Peninha Chapel, etc
There are also fabulous botanical gardens and parks
35 Km from Lisbon airport where you can find great historical value monuments, theatres, cinemas, Parque das Nações (themepark) where had been held the Expo 98, shopping areas, zoo and typical restaurants where you can take the excellent traditional portuguese cooking, for instance in Bairro Alto, where you can also listen the famouse “Fado” which is the daily expression of the local people.
20 km from Cascais and Estoril (famous for the casino).
Important things to know and do
- It is advisible to hire a car.
The house is cleaned and the towels are changed twice a week
The villa is suitable for elderly or infirm.
Good golf courses about 15 km away in Sintra (Belas/Penha Longa), 20 km in Cascais/Quinta da Marinha and Estoril (18 hole).
Another excellent golf course is Praia Del Rey Golf Club(120 mins drive)
Shops and restaurants available 5 mins drive. You can find them also in Azóia (2 Km), Almoçageme (3 Km), Colares (5 Km).
-Banks you could find in Várzea de Colares (5 Km).
-Local market in 2 mins walk on weekends. Also in the small village of Almoçageme.
Visit the Queluz Palace (15 km from Colares) classified as a National Monument
Visit the Basilica of Mafra (about 30 km from Sintra)
Visit the old Castle of Sesimbra (about 35 km from Lisbon) and admire the beautiful scenery of this fishing town.
This villa has 5 verified reviews.
5 out of 5 people recommend staying here
My wife and I and our two children of 14 & 15yrs stayed at this residence during February. We enjoyed our stay thoroughly. The house is nicely laid out with more than plenty of room for 6 people. Everything was in working order with place settings for probably 20 people. Even in February, the yard was immaculate, the pool spotless and everything was in it´s place. We had a car (which is needed), and we visited Sintra one day, the beaches another and Lisbon the third day. It was nice to return to our country cottage, stopping off at a Supermarket or fresh produce stall on the way home. We used the WIFI services for downloading a couple of movies on our IPAD, and the speed was real good, though it is a open, public access WIFI, and the temperament may change with more visitors in the area. Even in February, there was congestion in several of the pueblos and when summer comes, we imagine the whole Sintra coastal area would be packed. The house has a beautiful view and very quiet location. Rosa is a very nice hostess. This house was worth the money.
lIVING AND DINNING AREAS EXCELLENT, BEDROOMS GOOD, POOL AND GARDENS EXCELLENT. HOT WATER RATIONED AT TIMES
The house and the property were very nice (some of the bathrooms could be improved). The garden with the view were great when the weather was clear. The owner is a very charming lady and provided us with maps and directions. My only beef is with the reservation system that requires you to pay your security deposit in advance then fails to reimburse it in a tiimely fashion. (I'm still waiting and it's been more than a month).
Bob & Ra...
We had a very good week at this very private villa. Mrs Bastos was extremely helpful, friendly and made us most welcome.
9 other reviews
1 - 9 of 9
This villa is:
Sights and attractions
Outside this villa in Colares, Lisbon Metropolitan AreaThis villa is in a quiet area near the beach. It has a pool, a balcony, a barbecue, outside lighting and a patio heating. Car hire is recommended as the villa is less than a 15 minute walk to at least a couple of shops, bars and restaurants; however parking is available if required.
Prices and availability
Updated 16 August 2017
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 26 August - 31 August 2017: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 3 May - 17 May 2018: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 1 July - 15 July 2018: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 17 July - 23 July 2018: the minimum stay is 5 nights.
- 26 August - 4 September 2018: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 3 May - 17 May 2019: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 1 July - 15 July 2019: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 17 July - 23 July 2019: the minimum stay is 5 nights.
- 26 August - 4 September 2019: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 3 May - 17 May 2020: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
3 bedrooms, Sleeps 8:
- 1 double bed and en suite
- 1 single bed and en suite
- 1 single bed
There is also 2 single sofa beds in 2 single beds in the Mezanine, 2 cots
4 bathrooms including 2 en suites, 1 Separate WC
Private pool with electric heating, Depth 0.8m to 1.8m
CD player, DVD/Blu-ray player, Internet / WiFi, Radio, TV Languages in English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Local, Satellite / cable
Living area seats 8, Dining area seats 8, Air conditioning, Open fire, Clothes drier, Hair dryer, Iron / board, Towels / linen, Washing machine, Car hire recommended
Cooker, Crockery, Cutlery, Dishwasher, Fridge, Freezer, Glassware, Kettle, Microwave, Oven, Pots / pans, Toaster
Balcony or terrace, Barbecue, Outside lighting, Parking, Patio heating, Private garden, Sea view
Children, Infants, Restricted mobility, Pets
- Quite and idyllic - Fantastic view towards the Atlantic Ocean and the litoral coast between Cabo da Roca and Peniche - Situated between Sintra and Cascais (15 km), a good location to explore the area - Recommended for golfers to play at Sintra (Belas/Beloura/Penha Longa) (10 km), Estoril (18 hole), Cascais (Quinta da Marinha) (20 km). Anothe excellent golf course is the "Praia Del Rey Golf Course" in 120 mins drive. - Beautiful area with restaurants and bars in 5 mins drive "Moinho Dom Quixote" is a fabulous bar with a fantastic view towards Guincho and Cascais and is 2 mins drive or 10 mins walk. - Local restaurants offers fabulous cuisine - Local market in 2 mins walk on weekends with fresh bread, fruits and vegetables - Nice for those who wants to walk through the cliffs and mountains Cabo da Roca is 20 mins walk - A very good place to stay if you want to explore the area of Lisbon and the west coast.
Property Manager From Lisboa, Portugal Member since Feb 2005
Past bookings: 61 bookings
Response rate: 96%
Response time: within 59 minutes
Last logged in: an hour ago
Number of properties: 9