This beautiful and well equipped villa is located 5 Km from Alvor, betweem Lagos and Portimão, in a quiet residential area, in rural environment. Nearby you can find some good restaurants. Shopping centre is 5 Km distant, and nearest beaches are 8 Km away. Penina golf club is 5 minutes drive.
Villa consists of 3 double bedrooms, living room with dining area, TV and sleeping couch, 2 complete bathrooms, fully equipped kitchen (dishwasher included), laundry with wash machine, and shaded terrace.
The villa is surrounded by a beautiful garden with a private swimming pool (9 x 4.5 m), pool shower, BBQ and garden and pool furniture.
Sleeps 7 persons, self catering. From Praia da Rocha, the cliff tops and the beachfront road run westward to Praia do Vau. The cliffs peter out and the road curls inland, eventually emerging at the river-mouth village of Alvor.
At the heart of it all is the old village with its narrow streets running down to the water's edge where the fishing boats are moored. In recent years it has been enveloped by several highly-rated hotels, luxurious as well as some lesser complexes, and a great many holiday apartment blocks. In amongst the suburbia is the Alto Golf's 18-hole course, the last to be designed by the legendary English golfer, Sir Henry Cotton. His first course in the Algarve was the championship course of the venerable Penina Hotel not far from Alvor on the EN125.
D. João II, the so-called "Perfect Prince" who went on to rule as one of Portugal's greatest kings, died in Alvor of dropsy in 1495 shortly after Columbus' discovery of the New World and shortly before Vasco da Gama's momentous voyage from Portugal to India. Virtually nothing remains of the castle, but the main doorway of the parish church is a fine example of Manueline architecture, a Gothic style named after João's successor, King Manuel I.
Alvor is perhaps best known for its wide beach, boasting 15 kilometers of golden sand. It's divided into several smaller bays, each with their own character. Alvor itself is a busy fishing village with dozens of colourful fishing boats moored in its ancient harbour. The old village, with its sleepy cobbled lanes and whitewashed houses, still has a sophisticated appeal. Facing the beautiful fishing village of Ferragudo, Portimao is an important fishing port famous for its grilled sardines and its pastry shops.
Although the earthquake of 1755 caused great damage, the streets and squares of Lagos have retained much of the charm of a city hundreds of years old.
On the site of the old mediaeval town - area defined by the city walls and two streets (Rua de São Gonçalo and Rua 5 de Outubro) - the houses preserve much of its former character in the stonework around their windows and doors, in their wrought iron balconies, in the cool, shady areas created by the narrow streets, and in the patios where flowers, fig trees and vines are to be found growing.
The part of the city that grew up as a result of expansion between the 15th and 16th centuries has its heart in Praça Gil Eanes and in the meandering streets where tiles in the "art nouveau" style are to be found in grand houses with impressive façades and white walls broken only by the windows stonework. In Gil Eanes Square, we can admire a marble statue made by the portuguese sculptor Cutileiro, has an homage to King Sebastião (1557-1578).
From Avenida dos Descobrimentos, on the other hand, it is possible to realize the profile of the city, to look out seawards to the far horizon, to watch the bustle of fishing boats and the shimmering masts of yachts mirrored in the still waters of the marina.
Beautiful villa with private pool, large garden, BBQ, 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, living/dining room, air conditioning