A delightful property, this villa is situated within a vast estate of meadows, lavender and olive trees. With just a 3km journey to St Remy, this is a beautiful area.
This beautiful home retains lots of its Provencal character, whilst having a classic elegance to it.
Five air conditioned bedrooms are found in the main villa, whilst the two separate houses each have two further bedrooms, offering up an ideal space for guests looking for a little more independence.
A Provencal farm feel fills this 10 hectare estate, with wild flowers, lavender and an olive grove for you explore.
Relax by the swimming pool as you admire the swimming pool in the distance, or have a go on the private tennis court.
Afternoons can be enjoyed relaxing in the shade or playing a game of petanque, whilst evenings will be enjoyed dining under the stars.
St Remy is just a short drive away, where you can explore its art galleries, shops and restaurants.
Vincent Van Gogh painted many masterpieces at the nearby St Paul de Mausole, also home to a bustling Wednesday market.
Main Villa Interiors
- Living room
- TV room
- Dining room
- Kitchen, fully-equipped including two dishwashers, steam and traditional ovens and gas hobs. Doors leading to al-fresco terrace
- Laundry room
- Guest WC
- Master bedroom with super king-size bed (180x200cm) and private terrace. Shower room with shower and WC
- Master bedroom with super king-size bed (180x200cm) with dressing room and bathroom with bath, shower and WC
- Bedroom with super king-size bed (180x200cm) and bathroom with bath and WC
- Bedroom with twin beds (90x190cm, can be joined together) with en suite bathroom with bath and WC
- Bedroom with bunk beds (90x190cm each) with en suite shower room with shower and WC
1st Guest House (approx. 20m from main villa)
- Lounge with air-conditioning and kitchenette with a small fridge
- Bedroom with super king-size bed (180x200cm) and en suite bathroom with bath and WC
- Bedroom with twin beds (90x190cm, can be joined together) and pull-out single bed (90x190cm) with en suite bathroom with bath and WC
2nd Guest House (approx. 50m from main villa and 1st guest house)
- Living area with satellite TV
- 2 x bedrooms with double beds (140x200cm)
- Laundry room
- Heated salt-water swimming pool (16mx6m, depth: 1.1-2.3m) with electric cover
- Al-fresco dining area and lounge
- Tennis court (with flood-lights)
- Olive grove (5 hectares of an olive farm)
- Meadow and lavender field
- Air-conditioning (bedrooms only)
- Satellite TV
- DVD player
- Bluetooth speakers (x3)
- Washing machine and dryer
This villa is set in a large country estate just over a 5-minute drive (or just under half an hour walk) to the delightful town of Saint-Rémy-de-Provence. From the gardens you can enjoy wonderful views of the mountains of Les Alpilles Natural Regional Park.
Saint-Rémy-de-Provence (3km) is well-known as an archetypal Provençal town filled with great restaurants, cafes and charming bars. Spend time exploring the pretty shops whether you are looking for ceramics, candles or clothes and visit the bustling market on a Wednesday morning. Follow the Van Gogh art trail and discover St-Paul-de-Mausole monastery where the artist created some of his most famous paintings during his time there.
Indeed, the town has attracted many artists over the years and you can visit their little art galleries in the narrow cobbled lanes throughout the town. On some summer Sundays local artists gather to show off their work on the ‘Route des Artistes’.
This is Les Alpilles Natural Regional Park, an idyllic area filled with landscapes of olive groves, vineyards, mountains and green valleys. Discover the region by following wonderful walking trails or hiring bikes, whether mountain bikes or electric. Horse-riding is also popular here as is rock climbing for more adventurous guests. Those who love to play golf have a choice of courses across this part of Provence, including the 18-hole golf course at nearby Domaine de Manville.
Other pretty villages across Les Alpilles include Eygalières (10km) with its authenticity and charm, Maussane (12km) with arguably the best olive oil in France and the incredible Les Baux-de-Provence (12km), known to be one of France’s ‘Plus Beaux Villages’.
To the north, visit the city of Avignon (23km) to discover its fascinating history (with two UNESCO world heritage sites) as well as its great restaurants and markets. Heading south, the city of Arles (30km) is filled with Roman history, museums, galleries and more great places to eat. It’s also the gateway to the Camargue, a unique region with endless lagoons, nesting flamingos, wild horses, salt marshes, meadows and incredible scenery.
The neighbouring Luberon region is also an intriguing part of Provence with idyllic hilltop medieval villages looking over lavender fields, atmospheric markets selling all sorts of wonderful local produce and endless beautiful landscapes perfect for hiking and cycling. Villages such as Gordes (38km), Ménerbes (33km) and Roussillon (45km) can be reached in well under an hour.
L’Isle Sur La Sorgue (30km) is another picture-perfect town with antique dealers, pretty riverside cafes and a world-famous brocante (flea market) on a Sunday morning. Hire kayaks on the Sorgue river and paddle downstream from Fontaine de Vaucluse to L’Isle Sur La Sorgue for a wonderful day out with the family.