The large south facing windows across the chateau makes it the perfect space for entertaining, with its bright warms overlooking the gardens and pool area.
The 7 reception rooms, 7 bedrooms and 3 childrens bedrooms are all located in this 1000m2 villa, able to sleep 14 adults and 3 children.
Its period flair comes across in the redecoration, with its surrounding 7 acres of private gardens giving it an idyllic setting.
The swimming pool, jacuzzi and sauna offer the perfect places for relaxing, whilst the magnificent gardens and 14th century moat provide the perfect setting for dining in the conservatory.
With atmospheric lighting inside and outside, the romantic atmosphere is complemented by a surround sound system.
Champagne is a delightful treat in the Jacuzzi after dinner.
Set in the heart of the Loire Valley village, this chateau is the perfect base for exploring vinyards, chateaux and the beautiful beaches of the Atlantic.
Chateau Interior (max. 12 adults + 3 children)
- Entry Hall with double staircase and colonnades.
- Dining Hall with huge fireplace.
- Sitting room, perfect for afternoon tea (or champagne).
- Office room for those who need to stay in touch with the outside world (computer, Wi-Fi, copier & printer).
- Pool/Snooker room, perfect for a game and a cognac.
- Music Lounge, Napoleon style sitting room with gilded and painted wall decor and a baby grand piano.
- Winter Lounge with plasma TV, comfortable seating and ceiling to wall paintings.
- Kitchen with 2 pantry rooms and fully equipped with: microwave, 2x fridges, freezer, hob, grill/oven, washing and drying machines, dishwasher.
- Medieval library
- Cocktail room with fabulous whisky collection.
All the bedrooms are spacious and have brand new mattresses, bed linen and towels. Each has its own authentic decor and furniture.
- Family suite with double king poster bed, adjoining a single child's bedroom (with space for a cot on request), bathroom and 2 walk-in wardrobes.
- Bedroom 2 with king-size 4-poster bed, en suite bathroom.
- Bedroom 3 with king-size 4-poster bed, en suite bathroom.
- Bedroom 4 with king-size 4-poster bed and en suite bathroom.
- Bedroom 5 with 2 single beds.
- Playroom (leading to bedrooms 8 and 9)
- Dining room
- Bedroom 6 with double bed
- Bedroom 7 with twin beds
- Bedroom 8 with single bed (children's bedroom)
- Bedroom 9 with single bed (children's bedroom)
- 7 acres of lush gardens surrounded by an ancient moat.
- Heated salt-water swimming pool (7m x 5m) with child area surrounded by palm trees.
- Pool terrace fitted with designer sofas and deck chairs.
- 7 seater Jacuzzi overlooking the pool and the chateau.
- Terrace by the dining room for aperitifs.
- Conservatory with outside dining table and Webber barbecue.
- Antique gazebo overlooking the French gardens.
- 14th Century moat and stone bridge
- French manicured gardens with water fountains, sculpted trees, roses and lavender bushes.
- Japanese exotic plant garden with Koi fish pond, bridge and sculpted marble bench.
- English park with magnolias, hortensias, rhododendrons and rare ancient trees.
- Fruit orchard.
- Tree house in the old hollow oak tree
- Remote control large entry gate.
- Brand new sauna
- Large Gym & showers in the outbuildings
- Large yoga room & dance studio all equipped
- Complimentary bicycles for adults and children
- Brand new outdoor ping pong table
- Renovated South & West facades & lighting
- Sonos sound system on all ground floor rooms
- All lounge rooms renovated & decorated in period style
- Animals which will entertain all ages (peacocks, ducks, black swans on the moat, 10 parakeets)
- Lots of fruit trees (cherries, apples, pears, figs, kiwis, apricots, plums,) and bushes giving berries, which are wonderful throughout the year from spring blossoms to picking time
- 1,500 trees and plants, including 300 flowers and new marble statues throughout the estate
- Zipline between trees for children to enjoy
- Professional cleaning room (professional washing machine, dryer and ironing board) in the outbuilding, as well as a laundry room in the chateau
The nearest airport is Nantes (60km). The nearest train is Chemille or Cholet (10km). The Loire Valley is well known for its impressive fortresses, beautiful palaces (over 5000 of them!) and vast vineyards. The closest include Brissac, Serrant, Angers, Saumur and Villandry. There are many beautiful medieval villages set in vineyards such as Breze/Anjou, Clisson/Muscadet, which are all within 30 mins to 1 hours drive away.
Just 15mins away is a quality 18-hole golf club. 1.5hours in the car will take you to the beaches and small picturesque Brittany seaside fishing villages. The chateau itself is located in a small village with restaurant, bakery, post office, tennis court and other services. The Chateau is 15 minutes from main shops and a large shopping mall.