Classic touches, such as a 17th century backgammon state, are coming with all the modern amenities you would expect, such as jetted tubs, Nespresso machine and a heated pool.
Large windows on either side of the chateau mean that this is certainly not a dark and dreary castle.
For the active guests, tennis courts, a swimming pool, moat and bicycles are all available at the villa.
A visit to the beach at Fontenay-Sur-Mer is just a short bike away.
A separate cottage is a short 100m from the main chateau, available to rent for a small group wanting more privacy.
This property is available for 10 guests when renting the chateau, or 14 guests when renting the cottage and chateau.
The peaceful French countryside and historic sites are beautifully combined in this family chateau.
WWII history can be found 15 minutes away in Sainte-Mère-Église and Utah beach.
The property is also a convenient 3 hour drive to Paris.
This villa, Sleeps 14: 6 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms
- A large kitchen (50 m²) equipped with two electrical ovens, 3 electric halogens hot plates, an electric plancha, full height refrigerator with freezer compartment, dishwasher and lots of cooking equipment. Sufficient crockery, silverware and glassware for the rental capacity; kitchen table for up to 10 and a bar counter for up to 5.
- A pantry with sink, kitchen table, Nespresso machine
- A Boiler room
- A Mud Room with hangers and bench
- A large TV/Playroom (65 m²) with satellite TV, DVD-player, Hi-Fi, bookshelves, Wi-Fi, two Chesterfield sofas, armchairs, games table (some DVDs & English books are available).
- A large Louis XIII dining room (50m²) with a maximum capacity of 14/18. Kitchenware is furnished for to cater for the maximum capacity.
- A small dining/breakfast room for up to 8 is equipped with dishwasher, 2 hot plates, sink, microwave, refrigerator,toaster, coffee and Nespresso machine and crockery.
- A large Regency bedroom (30 m²) with a double bed (140x190), shower, toilet and a small hand basin.
- A cloakroom with phone, Wi-Fi printer, umbrellas and cupboard with numerous regional guides.
- A large guest WC with double sinks, cupboard with numerous vases.
- A large blue Louis XV Drawing Room (50 m²) with meridienne, armchairs, game table and Piano forte (not tuned!). A great spot for a gin and tonic pre-dinner!
- A Louis XIII library/drawing room (45 m²) with sofa, armchairs, desk, tapestry, bar, Hi-FI.
- A large double en-suite bedroom (30 m²) with a double bed (140x200) with bathroom with double sinks, separate shower, Jacuzzi bathtub and WC.
- Two single bedrooms: each with a 100 x 190cm bed, one with a shower and hand basin; one with a bidet and hand basin.
- A laundry room with washing machine, dryer, ironing table.
- A large double en-suite bedroom (35m²) with a 140x200 electrical bed and bathroom with bathtub, separate shower, WC, and en-suite dressing room, mini TV (only local channels).
- A twin bedroom (25 m²), with two single beds 90x200 which may be joined on request.
- A child bedroom/den with a small bed 80x150 (not accounted for in the sleeping capacity). This connects with the twin bedrooms so works well for small children.
- A hall bathroom which connects to the twin room but can also be accessed from the corridor, with sink & bathtub.
- A separate WC.
Cottage, Sleeps 4: 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom
Located 100m from the main house. It includes a separate bathroom with bathtub, sink and WC, a fully equipped kitchen/dining room (oven, fridge, dishwasher, microwave, hot plates etc) and living room. Upstairs there are 2 bedrooms, one with a 140x200 bed which can be split and one with 2 90x190 beds.
- Heated swimming pool (a balmy 27-29 degrees) with key operated cover
- Private tennis court
- Moat for carp fishing (2m deep) and one near pool
- Mountain bikes (basic style)
- Vegetable garden with swings
- Table tennis games room
- Gas barbecue (on request)
- Tennis racquets
- Basic fishing rod (carp are available in the lake)
- Various animals live on the premises - two ponies, a dog, cat and two swans
This villa lies in the heart of the wild and beautiful Cotentin Peninsula area in Normandy, in Fontenay-sur-Mer, 300km west of Paris. The closest train station is Valognes (12 km).
You can discover and enjoy the local area by walking or biking through the beautiful and peaceful countryside. There are many bikes available at the chateau (free of charge) so we recommend exploring the local area this way as the roads are so quiet.
During your stay you should visit the historic town of Valognes, particularly the Hotel de Beaumont and the famous Cider Museum. Here you will find everything you need during your stay (supermarket, shops, restaurants etc) and it is only ten minutes drive away from the chateau.
The chateau is 3 miles from the beach and an 18 hole golf course created 30 years ago by the father of the current owner of the chateau!
There are also several riding clubs around where lessons or private hire can be organised.
- 5 mins to sandy beaches
- 15 mins to the D-DAY BEACHES (Utah Beach)
- 15 min to world renowned village Sainte-Mere-Eglise
- 1.5 hours to the Mont St Michel
- 45 mins to The Bayeux Tapestry.
- 2 hours to Honfleur.
- 2 hours to Gardens at Giverny (Monet).
- 2 hours to Rouen.
- 3 hours to Paris by car or train.