Cheap prices, high level of comfort, suitable for family budget holiday...on site swimmng pool, tennis court, gymnasium etc...walk to shops, restarant
General situation :
Villa cool(2) is situated in the region of Flic en Flac, in the district of BLACK RIVER on the West coast of Mauritius and about 30 minutes drive from the capital city of Port Louis.
The west coast is reputed for its dry, warm and stable climate with a temperature range of 18 to 32 degrees. A T shirt is all you need in summer and a sweatshirt or something warmer is necessary for winter evenings.
Flic en Flac since a few years has expanded from a seaside village into a busy tourist resort providing a whole range of services such as banks, automatic teller machines, Post office, pharmacy, laundry, bars and restaurants specialized in Indian , Chinese, Italian an local cuisine, excursion and tour operators, and more recently a Spar Shopping centre called The Pasadena village with famous branded textile boutiques such as Baobab company, Café Coton, Billabong, Ripcurl etc, a casino, night-club and more restaurants. This commercial complex is 10 minutes walking distance from the villa but there are other kind of shops and restaurants just at the corner. These shops offer a good variety in clothing, and the locally-made sweaters are of high quality. Other items include Indian fabrics, beachwear and beach footwear, basketry embroidery, various local handicrafts such as Macrame work, table mats, hand bags of all shapes and sizes, pottery, shell and shell products etc
The natural beach of Flic en Flac is 3 Km long and is one of the longest beaches of Mauritius with real soft and white sand, not the coarse broken shell type found on some other beaches of the island.
Flic en flac beach has been voted the fourth best beach of the world and attracts swimmers all year round.
You walk just 5 minutes from the villa and the beach is yours! So bring whatever you need and enjoy the freedom of Flic en Flac beach to yourself.
Flic en Flac is also a diver’s dream- come-true for those who are overwhelmed by caves and wrecks.
The region counts as much as 4 diving centers; the nearest ‘Villa Caroline Diving Center’ just 5 minutes walk from the villa. All types of dives are offered to suit beginners as well as experts such as deep dives, reef dives, wreck dives and night dives. Marvelous coral gardens can be found at a depth of 20 meters.
Diving lessons by fully qualified instructors are offered to anyone who wants to be initiated to underwater exploration as from 1200 Rupees.
The beach of flic en flac has the most favorite snorkeling area which is protected behind a lava soft reef.
The beach is ideal for children as it slopes genty into the warm Indian Ocean.
There is an information desk at the Flic en Flac Tourist Promotion Authority Office , situated in the Pasadena complex where precise information concerning bookings for a greater variety of water sports such as parasailing, windsurfing, water skiing, sailing in catamaran, deep sea fishing, Blue Safari submarine experience, underwater walk and a variety of excursions are obtainable.
Flic en flac is also the place to be at dusk as the sunsets are stunning.
Flic en Flac is a great place to unwind, be pampered and where you take life at whatever pace suits you.
Enjoy the pleasures of the sea, calm, peacefulness and feeling of total freedom that are typical to Flic en Flac.
In a nutshell, Flic en Flac is a great place to relax and meet the friendly population.
Villa Cool(2) is operated by the owners of Villa Cool(1). The latter was the first to be listed on www.villarenters.com. Comments (reviews) left by past visitors are available and give an idea of the quality of services offered.
An off beach superior and self-catering bungalow
An idyllic decor to soothe your nerves
If your are looking for a relaxing and absolute serene setting with a high level of comfort, security and safety, then Villa Cool(2) is it.
Villa Cool(2) is located on three acres of land and is part of a residential complex called Le Tamier. .For complete privacy each villa is set within its own court yard and has spacious terraces/balconies overlooking the court yard, garden and pool area.
Villa Cool(2) is more quieter though a few steps away from the swimming pool and safer as it is not far from the Security Services.
Villa Cool(2) has a parking area of its own, included in its own property area.
Villa Cool(2) has a surface area of almot 200M2, almost twice that of a standard villa.
It is set in a beautifully landscaped garden with a large swimming pool, tennis court, squash court and a fully equipped fitness centre with a 24h Security watch.
The luxuriant garden with its different types of foliage reflects a whole palette of green punctuated by colourful flowers such as Hibiscus, Frangipane and Allamanda.. The whole scene is a haven of peace and tranquillity. Yet shops, restaurants and the seaside are just a stone throw away.
It is a 4 bedroom villa accommodating 6 persons:
-3 double bedrooms fully furnished with air conditioning (one with en-suite facilities)
-1 single room fully furnished with air conditioning
-very cosy living room combined with a dining room, fully equipped and spacious kitchen
-4 balconies / terraces
- one cot provided
-include maid service /house keeping twice a week
- Linen and towels changed regularly
- free wireless internet for a laptop (PC)
- free mobile for local calls and urgencies
- DVD Player
- Aircon in 4 bedrooms
- Bed sheets and pillow cases
- Security box ( luxuries )
- Bath mats
- Hot running water
- Washing machine
- Ironing board and iron
- 1 hair drier
- Hi Fi
- Television and Satellite TV channels (luxuries )
- Fridge and freezer
- Sandwich maker (luxuries )
- Electric boiler
- Gas hob
- Cutlery, crockery and kitchen utensils
- Pressure cooker ( luxuries )
- Fire extinguisher (luxuries )
- Rice cooker and frying pans
- Free table water fountain ( luxuries )
Other on-site facilities in option:
- rental of bikes on site ( refundable deposit of 20 GBP and a daily rental of 2 GBP)
- telephone booth for international calls
On site leisure for residents only:
- free access to tennis court (rackets and balls provided with a rental fee)
- free access to out door large swimming pool ( 25 X 30 meters )
- free access to the squash court (rackets and ball provided wit a rental fee)
- fully equipped fitness centre ( around 2 GBP per session )
A near–by Life Care Spa Club ( 5 minutes walk from the villa ) offers a wide range of relaxing and invigorating medical and hydrotherapy treatments. The products and services include the traditional Indian massage, the Thai massage, plantar reflexology, aromatherapy and the lymphatic drainage, as well as a wide range of invigorating and relaxing massages such as the Swedish massage and the massage with four hands .
A mud bath combined with sauna offers a good treatment providing relief from stress, rheumatism and insomnia amongst others. Other services include Hammam and Jacuzzi
General information includes the following:
- Near by water sports/ activities and attractions
- Transport , excursions and tours
Near by water sports and activities within 20 minutes drive include the following:
• Windsurfing ( 5 Km – Tamarin bay )
• scuba diving ( near-by )
• snorkeling ( near- by )
• swimming in the lagoon ( near- by)
• boat hire ( near by )
- fishing ( near by )
- Sailing ( near by )
- Big game fishing ( near by )
- horse riding ( 10 minutes drive )
Near by Attractions include:
1. A visit to Casela Bird and Nature Park and Yemen Nature Reserve (5 minutes drive from the villa – entrance free for residents of Villa Cool(2)
The magic of Casela in brief:
• 90 aviaries hosting 1500 birds from the five continents ( American Sparrowhawks, Peacocks, Pheasants, Pink Pigeon –one of the rarest in the world )
• a petting farm hosting deer, ostriches, wallabies, boar, poultry etc
• a fishing pond providing fun for all (fish and tag )
• an abundant tropical flora
• Tigers, monkeys, tortoises, flamingos, swans and fish ponds etc…
• Up bringing of baby lions
The magic of Yemen Nature Reserve in brief:
• a thrilling adventure in the heart of nature
- a home to herds of Java deer and to some splendid species of Mauritian fauna
- Quad biking to appreciate the exclusivity and charm that prevails in the reserve
- Magnificent mountains so delicately carved by nature
• Via Ferrata rock climbing, a physical performance providing intense sensations and emotions
- a wide variety of indigenous, endemic and exotic plants
- a photo safari where apart from deer, you will discover zebras and different species of antelopes
- a glance of Africa in the Mauritian savannah
• a close encounter with the fauna thanks to the VTT The entrance fee to Casela Park is from 80 to 150 rupees (child and adult)
• The rustic restaurant ‘Le Mirador’ in a setting of thatched roofs and carved stone architecture overlooking the littoral is worth a halt as the menu is not that expensive.
2. Ruisseau Creole where shopping is synonymous with relaxation and pleasure 20 minutes drive from the villa, in the heart of Black River on the West Coast
A true commercial village comprising 60 boutiques, 5 restaurants and bars, banks, Pharmacy, apartments and offices.
A special mention for the Craft Market ‘The Bazaar”
It’s a place full of mystery which invites you to a journey in the past, present and future. The shop offers a wide range of exclusive hand made of Mauritian products such as leather, essential oils, wooden carved objects, local spices, green teas, hand made embroidery and mother-of-pearl jewelry.Lots of products coming from different civilizations are also displayed.
Transport, excursions and tours:
Transport is not a problem for you to move around. A taxi service operates near-by to the villa.
The Public Bus transport is excellent and any part of the island can be reached by bus.
Renting scooters and motorcycles (near-by) for 8 to 10 GBP is another option.
For your tours and excursions you can rent a car through local companies at good competitive prices (as from 800 rupees). You need however check your insurance conditions as well as the general condition of the car.
More simply you can rent a taxi with a chauffeur for the whole day.
There are different excursions which last a whole day. The rate is around 1500 to 1800 Rupees per excursion for a maximum of 4 persons (lets say around 30 GBP)
The Western Coast Region
is famous for its green sugar cane fields, superb beaches and tranquil lagoons
● Tamarin is a peaceful village of fishing boats, salt marches and salt pans within 15 minutes drive from the villa. The beach of Tamarin which one reaches while crossing the mouth of River Tamarin on foot is renowned for its strong waves and attracts surfers from all over the world. The dolphins frequently gather in the bay. There are Mauritian, French, Chinese, Japanese and Italian restaurants along the main road. The salt marches in this region were constructed once by the Breton colonists and that too makes the reputation of Tamarin. The shopping centre ‘Ruisseau Creole’ is just 5 minutes drive away.
• Martello Tower at La Preneuse, Tamarin, is a historic site to visit.
Martello Towers were little defensive fortresses with a rounded structure built by the British Empire in the 18th century. They had thick walls of solid masonry which made them resistant to canon fire. They became obsolete when it became clear that they would not resist rifled artillery weapons.
The one in Tamarin has been restored by the Friends of the Environment and operate as a museum open to visitors.
● The Black River Gorges National Park is a walker’s paradise, 1st park to open in 1994 for the protection of Mauritius remaining native forests. It has about 50 Km of path with already traced itinaries. Visitors can enjoy magnificent landscapes with unique endemic plants and rare bird species such as pink pigeon, Mauritian kestrels, parakeets together with monkeys, deer and wild boars. A trail leads from Petrin Information Centre to an area of typical plant life and to a conservation area.
● Grande Riviere Noire is renowned for big game fishing. You may fish for the blue or black Marlin, various types of sharks, the bonitos, barracuda, yellow-fin tuna and skipjack tuna as well as the emperor and becune. The best season is between November and May as these predators feed close and where the bottom of the ocean falls to 75 meters just 2 kilometers from the coast.
● The multi colored earths of Chamarel is a world famous geological phenomenon.
A twisting road from the village of Case Noyale village on the west coast leads to the colored earths of Chamarel . The landscape of varied colored sand swirl with patches of blue, green, red, purple and yellow. The Chamarel Falls are nearby amidst jungle vegetation.
• The Casela Bird and Nature Park as well as the Yemen Natural reserve offer a rich variety of birds, animals, gardens and activities.
● The Le Morne Brabant is a spectacular 550 meters high table topped mountain at the centre of Le Morne Peninsula. The place is historically renowned as a refuge for maroons and fugitive slaves who refused to accept colonial domination under the shackles of forced servitude which had prevailed during almost two centuries in colonial Mauritius.
More itineries for a whole day trip:
Mahébourg, Ile aux Aigrettes island (natural reserve)
Blue Bay- Pointe D'Esny ( beah )
Domaine du Chasseur
Domaine Ylang Ylang
Naval and Historical Museum - Mahebourg
The Centre and the South:
Phoenix Ship Modelling
Floreai Textile Museum and shopping textile
Adamas ( jewellery )
Trou aux Cerfs
Mare aux Vacoas
Black River Gorges
Chamarel Water Falls
Chamarel - seven coloured earth
Vieux Grand Port Dutch Ruins
Pointe des Régates ( Battle of Vieux Grand Port 1810 )
Rault Bscuit Factory
Souillac - The Baelage Quay
La Vanille Reserve des Mascareignes
Triolet Shivala Temple( biggest of all )
L'Aventure du Sucre
Paplemousses Botanical Garden
Trou aux biches (beach)
Mont Choisy (beach )
Grand Baie, Tourist Capital of the island , several water sports, undersea walk, Blue Safari and Sub Scooter drive ( booking requied )
Pereybère ( beach )
Cap Malheureux ( beach and coast line )
La Route du Thé ( Tea Route ):
Domaine des aubineaux
Bois Chéri Tea Estate
the factory , making and tasting of tea
St Aubin / Rivière des Anguilles
Maison de la Vanille, Anthuriums plantations
Port Louis Capital City and surroundings
La Citadelle ( Fort Adelaide)
Caudan Water Front
Blue Penny Museum
The Central Market
The Natural History Museum
Museum of Photography
Main Post Office and Stamp Museum
Hippodrome of Champs de Mars ( horse racing )
We stayed at Villa Cool (2) in Nov 2009 for 3 weeks. The property is probably the best on the complex and within 5 mins walk of the sandy and gentle beach of Flic en Flac. There is plenty of night life and a good range of restaurants. Villa Cool itself had everything one would need. The garden and swimming pool are a delight (slightly busy at weekends). Norbert, the proprietor, was on hand at a moments notice and he will advise on any trips you need to book (please make full use of this service and you will make enormous savings including free entry to Casela Bird Park). It was a perfect stay and we are already contemplating our next booking. Highly recommended - you will not be disappointed. Michael & Alison
Michael from Nogent sur Marne
Stayed May 2009
Wonderful... a real home from home. Excellent reception by the landlord and landlady. Very well kept villa - spacious rooms, each with their own terrace, complimentary wifi, water fountain, satellite TV, DVD player, hifi, barbeque... everything to make you feel completely at home. The owners even rent out a car for less than 20 Euros per day, all inclusive.
The pool and gardens are extremely well maintained and the personnel are all very friendly. The owners also provide a rackets for the squash and tennis courts in the complex.
Definitely one of the most professional rentals weve come across. You can be assured of complete peace of mind throughout the stay and if you need anything, the owners even provide a mobile phone throughout the stay!
catherine from bingley
Stayed Aug 2008
Excellent and as described with several additional features (free local telephone use, squash & tennis rackets & inflatable boat) Swimming pool large clean and well maintained. Owners very helpful - communication very good.
Cecile from Burnham
Stayed May 2008
This is a fantastic villa in a very quiet and safe area (24/7 security). The house is very spacious and homely, fully furnished, down to the rice cooker!!
Whether you leave for the day or stay by the pool, it just feels like being at home (although I don't quite have a pool at home :)
We went for a family holiday and were welcomed by Norbert, the owner, who made us feel very comfortable immediately, and showed us around the area a little.
The location of the villa is very convenient - 5 to 10 mins walk from local shops, and that oh so lovely beach!!
For a lovely massage go to Om Spa, only 5mins walk.
I am hoping to go back next year - I highly recommend the villa, you won't be disappointed.
Norbert ensured we had a lovely stay and gave us good recommendations re. activities around and who to contact.
I hope you have as wonderful a time as we did!
denise from benfleet essex england
villa was brilliant very clean maid service everyone was so friendly norbert was such a nice man even loaned us a car would definatly go back and would recommend to anyone wonderful
Debra from Pinetown - South Africa
We have been to Mauritius on quite a few occasions, always staying in hotels. This holiday was by far the best with regard to the accomodation. The villa is beautifully furnished, well situated, clean and well kitted out. The owners, Lauriane and Norbert went the extra mile to make sure that we had a relaxing holiday. Norbert even took us to visit a few places on one of the days - this was a total bonus - thank you! All in all, I would recommend this accomodation (and have aleady) and we are planning our next trip to Mauritius and we know that we will be renting this villa again.
Welcome Pack of goodies:
Included, on roll toilet paper, soaps, coffee, tea, milk, cheese, butter, jam, eggs, salt, sugar, seasonal fruits, soft drinks and candies provided once on arrival.
A surplus of beach towels, towels and bed sheets etc...are available on site should the need arises.
Although we will not be asking for a deposit to cover breakages, we do hope to come to an arrangement should any item be damaged.
Prices may be subject to change at the owner’s discretion. With your permission, an inventory of the villa will be conducted in your presence on arrival and before departure.