Villa with 4 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms and private pool in Ghasri, Malta
From £1,718 per week
Villa to rent in Ghasri, Malta
Orchidea is a rustic farmhouse, renovated to a high luxury standard affording a large private pool, ensuite bedrooms, and four poster beds.
Share this holiday home
Villa overview - owner's description
Orchidea is a rustic farmhouse, renovated to a high luxury standard affording a large private pool, ensuite bedrooms, and four poster beds, whilst still maintaining bags of traditional Gozitan character.
On the outskirts of the tiny rural village of Ghasri, Orchidea sits slightly elevated with panoramic views across the unique Gozo countryside, and out to sea, past the mature palm trees that line the property perimeter. The terraces that surround the huge, curved pool are wonderful spaces to soak up the fantastic island climate and dine out around the built-in-barbecue. Please note that the roof terrace is not accessible.
Come discover the hidden wonders of the lesser travelled Maltese island of Gozo, with the grand Orchidea Villa as the perfect base, boasting a much-loved balance of privacy, comfort, and an ideal location.
We at Oliver's Travels are especially enthusiastic to share this lovely review with you:-
"The rooms – the size of football pitches – had been imaginatively decorated with individually crafted rustic furnishings including four-poster beds fit for any royalty. Outside was the most beautiful pool and around it all (the best bit for me) genuine 360-degree views of the hills and the sea. It could not have been more peaceful, the only sound I could ever hear was the wind.” Read Emma's full review with pictures:
- Entrance hall leading to large lounge area with patio doors out to terrace. The lounge includes cable TV, flat screen, DVD Player, CD Player.
- Large separate dining room with patio doors out to the terrace.
- Large fully equipped kitchen, includes dishwasher, microwave, oven, hob, fridge/freezer, dining facilities.
- Small bedroom with twin beds suitable for children.
- Shower room with WC, single washbasin, washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Master double bedroom with ensuite bathroom and handheld shower, WC, twin washbasins, and ceiling fan.
- Double bedroom with ensuite bathroom and handheld shower, WC, twin washbasins and bidet. Room also features patio doors, ceiling fan, and balcony.
- 2nd Double bedroom with ensuite bathroom and handheld shower, WC, twin washbasins and bidet. Room also features patio doors, ceiling fan, and balcony.
Orchidea sits on the outskirts of the quaint village of Ghasri; home to the first lighthouse ever to be built in Gozo known as Ta' Gordan which can be seen in the distance from the villa.
Come enjoy a slower pace of life on Malta's sister island, where welcoming locals, exquisite seafood, and fascinating ancient ruins that outdate the Egyptians will create a rich, and fascinating holiday. Not to mention, you are surrounded by the Mediterranean Sea, with some of the finest diving spots in the world; from networks of undersea caves to sunken WWII bombers!
On Gozo everything is close by, and you can reach the capital, the coastline, and many ancient historical wonders within moments of Orchidea.
From any point in Gozo you can reach the sea within ten minutes. Constant, gentle currents keep it clear and clean making Gozo a centre for diving, fishing and all manner of water sports. Temperatures can rise as high as 35 degrees Celsius during the summer months whereas enjoying warm temperatures in winter at around 17 degrees Celsius making the island an ideal location for holidays all year round.
Dining out in Gozo is a real treat. Various delicacies can be found from pasta to exquisite seafood dishes. A particular local dish is rabbit stewed in wine. Complementing the meal you can choose from Gozitan homemade wine to the locally brewed beer that is highly rated throughout the world.
The island is steeped in history including prehistoric temples that rival Stonehenge and churches to compare with the finest in Europe. The Gozitan culture during the last 7000 years was influenced by its dominators including the Phoenicians, the Arabs, the Romans, the Knights of St. John and the British.
Visitors to Gozo will be impressed by many things; but above all, it is the friendliness of the people that lingers and draws them back time and time again.
This villa does not have any reviews but the agent has 10 reviews for their other properties.
This villa is:
Outside this villa in Ghasri, MaltaThis villa has a pool and a barbecue.
Prices and availability
Updated 18 May 2019
- Your booking
- Available start/end date
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 21 May - 31 May 2019: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 1 June - 30 September 2019: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 1 October 2019 - 29 May 2020: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 30 May - 28 September 2020: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 29 September 2020 - 18 May 2022: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£878.60 per booking, paid locally
4 bedrooms, Sleeps 8
Internet / WiFi, Satellite / cable
Agency From London, United Kingdom Member since Apr 2015
Past bookings: 25 bookings
Response rate: 93%
Response time: within 20 hours
Last seen: 5 hours ago
Number of properties: over 1,000