Trullo Dei Contadini
Villa with 5 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms and private pool in Villa Castelli, Italy
From £3,743 per week
Villa to rent in Villa Castelli, Italy
It's not often you get to stay in building like this! A 300-year-old trullo house - the likes of which you'll only find in Puglia.
Share this holiday home
Villa overview - owner's description
It's not often you get to stay in building like this! A 300-year-old trullo house - the likes of which you'll only find in Puglia. Its iconic cone design and traditional stone bricks, once the home of agricultural labourers, are now luxury homes, which you can stay in. And yes, Trullo dei Contadini is one of those...
Respectfully renovated to retain as many of the original features as possible, you'll find original barrel-vaulted roofs, traditional arches and trademark thick stone walls, keeping you cool in the summer. Visiting in the winter? The underfloor heating and woodburning stove will warm you up.
Staying true to the original design, the owners have cleverly used the space, with four beautiful bedrooms - each with their own shower, and a stylish open-plan kitchen and dining area, set in the arched recesses of this unique holiday home. It's here you can see just how smart they've been with the space, as the natural light from the floor-to-ceiling windows floods in from the bi-fold glass doors. Leading straight out onto the terrace with its private pool, this is a treat indeed. Just grab your morning coffee, and head out to grab a few rays of morning sunshine from the comfort of your own lounger.
Fancy some breakfast? Or lunch, or dinner? The wonderful outdoor dining terrace with its BBQ and pizza oven are perfect for those relaxed family mealtimes. Set in five acres of idyllic countryside, Trullo dei Contadini is surrounded by olive groves and fruit orchards, what better place to make the most of all that seasonal produce. Aside from picking fruit straight from the trees, the local farmers will sell you fresh meat or sumptuous seafood to whip up that delicious Puglian meal.
Perfect for families, you'll find a trampoline and sports court and a pool with a shallow area for anyone traveling with young children. But, if you're looking for a little alone time to read your book or catch a few zzz's, head to the funky chill-out roof terrace.
Environmentally aware? Trullo dei Contadini is powered by solar energy, and there are beautiful organic toiletries provided for you, leaving you to holiday with a conscience. All that's left to do is explore the local region, starting with Ceglie Messapica, just 2km away, and one of the oldest towns in Puglia.
Take time to explore the lanes, little bars and local markets. The whitewashed city of Ostuni, Cisternino and Martina Franca are also nearby and well worth a visit. Desperate to see that wonderful sun-baked coastline? The beach is a mere half-hour away and yes, the sand is white and the sea is turquoise!
- Inspired little kitchen with everything you need
- Intimate dining room
- Living room with Bose iPod docking station, CD player and Sony Bravia screen, and french windows leading straight out to the private pool
- Four double bedrooms, two can be used as twins, with its own door to the garden and their own shower room
- A 50 square metre studio complete with its own bathroom and kitchenette that can be used for meetings, cookery classes, yoga and other activities. It is also possible to rent as a fifth bedroom
- Acres of olive trees and fruit orchards to amble through
- For the family: a trampoline and merry-go-round, sports court for badminton, volleyball or basketball
- Swimming pool with terrace and sun loungers and shallow area for younger children
- Large stone dining table under a shady gazebo. Nearby is the outside kitchen, including barbecue (grill), pizza oven, sink and food preparation area
Large roof terrace with squashy cushions to catch some of those southern Italian rays
- Air-conditioning in one bedroom in the main house and the studio bed-room
- Under floor heating/central heating included
- Heated towel rails
- Sat-nav loaded with the owner's favourite restaurants and shops
- Fire wood
- Mid-week maid service
- Organic shower gel, cleaning and laundry products
- Airport / motorway meet and greet
- Use of locally programmed navigator
- Delicious welcome pack of local produce
Hotfoot it to Ceglie Messapica and you won't be disappointed. Just 2km away from Trullo dei Contadini, it's here you'll find a lovely old town - one of the oldest in Puglia - and an abundance of wonderful restaurants and bars along its narrow, winding streets.
And nearby - the wonderful city of Ostuni with its excellent restaurants, including four that are Michelin Star, stylish bars, rustic 'trattorie', the picture postcard towns of Alberobello (a UNESCO World Heritage site for its vast number of trulli) and Martina Franca, with its Baroque architecture. Cisternino has its own character and charm, free summer concerts and great restaurants.
On this peninsula, you are never too far from the sea. The Adriatic sea is just 30 minutes from Trullo dei Contadini, with family beaches and everything you need - including succulent seafood and gelato! On the opposite Ionian coast, discover stretches of open beach. Both coastlines offer large beaches and quiet coves with beautiful clear blue water. Further south the shore becomes more rugged and dramatic.
This villa does not have any reviews but the agent has 5 reviews for their other properties.
This villa is:
Outside this villa in Villa Castelli, ItalyThis villa has a pool.
Prices and availability
Updated 1 October 2018
- Your booking
- Available start/end date
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 15 October 2018 - 1 October 2021: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£1,000.00 per booking, paid locally
5 bedrooms, Sleeps 10
DVD/Blu-ray player, Internet / WiFi, TV, Satellite / cable
Air conditioning, Central heating, Open fire