Farm house with 7 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and private pool in Scillato, Sicily
From £1,309 per week
Farm house to rent in Scillato, Sicily
This 7 bedroom farm house with private pool is located in Scillato and sleeps 11 people. It has WiFi, barbeque facilities and parking nearby. The farm house is near a beach.
Share this holiday home
Farm house overview - owner's description
10-room house 350 m2 on 3 levels.
- Antique furnishings: living room
- 1 large double bedroom with hand-basin and fan
- 1 room with 1 bed and fan
- Gas heating (extra)
- Upper floor: large living/dining room with open-hearth fireplace and satellite TV (flat screen), DVD collection available
- Living room
- Large kitchen (4 hot plates, oven, dishwasher, freezer)
- Exit to the garden
- 2nd upper floor: 3 large double bedrooms, each room with hand-basin and fan
- 2 rooms, each room with 1 bed and fan
- Bath/bidet/WC, bidet, separate WC
- Heating (extra)
- Heating available only from 01/12-31/03
- Terrace furniture, barbecue, deck chairs
- View of the mountains and the garden
- Facilities: washing machine, iron, mosquito net, baby cot for up to 2 year olds, hair dryer
- Internet (WiFi, free)
- Please note: 2 pets/ dogs allowed
- No lift
- Wireless LAN WLAN, free up to 10GB per week
- Farmhouse "Scannale", 490 m asl
- 7 km from the centre of Scillato, in a secluded, quiet position, 25 km from the sea
- Private: swimming pool (5 x 10 m, depth 130 - 280 cm, 01/05-16/10)
- Shower/WC in the pool area, garden furniture, barbecue, parking on the premises
- Grocery 7 km, supermarket 7 km, restaurant 7 km, bar 7 km, sandy beach "Buonfornello" 25 km
- Nearby attractions: Parco delle Madonie 28 km, Campofelice di Roccella 30 km, Cefalu 45 km, Castelbuono 68 km, Pollina 70 km, Santo Stefano di Camastra 77 km
- Please note: car recommended
- Animals in the neighbourhood
- For a relaxing holiday in a timeless atmosphere, typical 'beam' of Sicily in the heart of Sicily, on the edge of the Madonie Park, nature reserve, 75 km from Palermo and 155 from Catania (the motorway down the valley, 800 meters in air line)
- The farmhouse belongs to an old aristocratic Sicilian family, it dates back to the early XIX century and it is surrounded by a large park with old trees, olive groves and Mediterranean garden
- The caretaker lives in one part of the house and is available for every need
- Access to the house via 800 m downhill road
The agent describes this farm house ; it is also listed in their "Special selection" catalogue so it is one of their most recommended properties. It is also good value for money. The farm house has a private pool and a mountain view; it is also located in Scillato. It is set in a good location, 25km away from a beach and 7km away from the city center.
The farm house has free wireless internet. You can also park on-site at no extra charge. The farm house is well equipped: it has a dishwasher, an oven, a washing machine, a freezer and a TV with international channels. It also has a BBQ.
This farm house has 4 verified reviews.
4 out of 4 people recommend staying here
Magical place, Even though you see the highway in between the trees, Scannale is and remains a magical place where time seems to have stood still. A typical Sicilian baglio where still delicious olive oil is produced and the sweetest oranges hang on the trees. The house is of a distinguished noble family who also spend their holidays there. Although the house is not very luxuriously furnished, it is fully equipped such as a lovely pool and beautiful bathrooms with rain shower. In the yard, some chickens, cats and dogs walk around and occasionally you hear a tractor driving from the farmer who is working the land but otherwise it is just a wonderfully located holiday villa for a relaxing stay. There is not much to do in the neighborhood. The nearest restaurant is 3 kilometers away and for the groceries you're still half an hour in the car. But the fact that there is not much to do makes a stay at Scannale very relaxed. The manager has baked bread for us and occasionally put a box of fresh vegetables and fruit at the kitchen door which made us feel very welcome!
The house is beautifully situated against the Parco delle Madonie, with beautiful views of the mountains from the pool. Decor is classic and attractive, especially the beautiful tiles that have been used. Sufficiently spacious rooms and excellent bathrooms.
An outstanding accommodation, a genius and tranquil farm among the mountains, surrounded by olive groves and fig trees, beyond all sorts of sparse tourism. It took to leave Scannale after an absolutely fantastic stay there. We are coming back!
This farm house is:
Outside this farm house in Scillato, SicilyThis farm house is in a quiet area near the mountains. It has a pool and a barbecue.
Prices and availability
Updated 27 June 2019
- Your booking
- Available start/end date
Select your travel dates on the calendar
- 24 August 2019 - 26 June 2020: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 18 July - 21 August 2020: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 22 August - 28 November 2020: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
Early booking discounts
- Arrive between 18 April - 27 November 2020 and receive 10% off if the booking is made 272 days before the arrival date.
Laundry (initial supply of bed linen and towels)
Free of charge
Free of charge
Free of charge
Refundable Breakage Deposit (to be paid in cash)
€520.00 (approx. £467.16) per booking, paid locally
Cot (up to 2 years)
Free of charge
€40.00 (approx. £35.94) per item, paid locally
€150.00 (approx. £134.76) per person per week, paid locally
Heating - Based on consumption
€3.60 (approx. £3.23) per m3, paid locally
About this farm house
7 bedrooms, Sleeps 11
There is also 2 single sofa beds, 2 cots
- Private pool
- Cot available (up to 2 years)
- Washing machine
- International TV channels
Show all 10 amenities Show less
- Pets are allowed
- An ancient / historic building, often from other century
- Mountain view
- Suitable for family holiday
- Listed in agents "special selection" catalogue
Preferred Partner From Glattbrugg, Switzerland Member since Feb 2018
This farm house is managed by an established travel agent that was founded over 40 years ago. We've been working with them since February 2018 and have had 82 bookings with them.
Past bookings: 82 bookings
Response rate: 92%
Response time: within 6 hours
Last seen: 22 hours ago
Number of properties: over 1,000