Apartment with 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom in POPPI, Italy
Booking cost: £0.00
From £813 per week
The farmhouse dates back to the nineteen century, has been recently restructured with care and good taste is in a unique and peaceful position.
The ancient Via Romea on the Apennine stretch between Passo dei Mandrioli and the Mount of Verna winds up through the Vallesanta, so called because of the near Sanctuary of Verna where in 1224 Saint Francis received the stigmata. For a short stretch the medieval pathway can still be determined. All over there is a profusion of the ruins of ancient castles .
Relais Il Fienile was inaugurated in 1999 after a painstaking and skilled restoration of the old rural building.
The owner’s loving care and commitment can be seen in the smallest details. Zizì runs this exclusive residence as if it were a “guest house” and is proud of having turn a rural house into such an elegant and welcoming building, immersed in the Casentino hills where calm reigns.
The small number of bedrooms testifies the owner’s wish to offer an exclusive, elegant and refined ambience.
Il Fienile blends perfectly with the surrounding natural beauties, the park surrounded by trees, with magnificent views, the swimming pool. A high quality accommodation that will make feel guests home.
The Relais il Fienile is elegant, welcoming and environment-friendly, an ideal base for those seeking peace, good taste and comfort but wishing also to explore the many - and as yet largely undiscovered - riches offered by the Casentino: scenery, touring and trekking, history, religion, art, artisan work, and shopping.
The building (an old barn restructured with traditional materials - local stone, exposed wooden beams, Florentine terracotta) is surrounded by a green, tree-lined park, a large car-park, and several acres of estate. The Relais il Fienile is therefore the ideal place for anyone seeking quiet and discreet hospitality, a charming atmosphere, quality comfort in a family setting and at a particularly favourable price.
The Relais il Fienile is situated in an exceptionally beautiful part of the Casentino, about 550 metres above sea level with a magnificent view of the massifs of the Pratomagno and Alpe di Catenaia and of the upper valley of the Arno.
As can be seen from the map, the Relais il Fienile is about 5 km from the historic town of Bibbiena, on the road leading to the medieval village of Gressa, in an ideal spot, not just for its magnificent panoramic position, a typical feature of barns, but also for its proximity to many centres of historical, artistic, scenic and religious interest:
• 10 km (10 min.) from Poppi, a beautiful little town of particular interest by virtue of the famous castle of the Conti Guidi, one of Tuscany’s best conserved medieval buildings.
• 15 km (15 min.) from the castle and Romanesque church of Romena (pictured below).
• 18 km (30 min.) from the sanctuary of La Verna, a Franciscan monastery par excellence and an object of constant pilgrimage, which houses the world’s finest majolica, fashioned by the hands of the Della Robbia family.
In no time at all (half an hour at the most) other highly interesting places are within reach: Arezzo, with its masterpieces by Piero della Francesca and Cimabue; the historic villages of Pratovecchio and Stia, with its thermal waters, and the convent and sacred hermitage of Camaldoli.
1 verified review
1 out of 1 people recommend staying here
Distances to locations
Prices and availability
Updated 1 August 2016
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 16 June - 31 August 2016: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 1 September - 31 October 2016: the minimum stay is 4 nights.
- 24 December 2016 - 15 June 2017: the minimum stay is 4 nights.
- 16 June - 31 August 2017: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 1 September - 31 October 2017: the minimum stay is 4 nights.
- 24 December 2017 - 15 June 2018: the minimum stay is 4 nights.
- 16 June - 31 August 2018: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 1 September - 31 October 2018: the minimum stay is 4 nights.
- 24 December 2018 - 15 June 2019: the minimum stay is 4 nights.
- 16 June - 31 August 2019: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
£12.82 per night, paid locally
£11.11 per week, paid locally
2 bedrooms, Sleeps 6:
- 1 double bed
- 4 single beds
1 bathroom, 1 Separate WC
Internet / WI-FI, TV Languages in Local
Living area seats 6, Dining area seats 6, Central heating, Hair dryer, Towels / linen, Car hire essential
Cooker, Cutlery, Freezer, Glassware, Microwave
Barbecue, Outside lighting, Parking, Private garden
Private Owner From Bibbiena, Italy Member since May 2005
Past bookings: 10 bookings
Last logged in: a month ago
Number of properties: 2