Villa with 6 bedrooms, 7 bathrooms and private pool in Poggibonsi, Italy
From £3,632 per week
Villa to rent in Poggibonsi, Italy
This restored 18th century villa in Tuscany emanates grandeur from a bygone area. Originally used by noble families as a country retreat.
Share this holiday home
Villa overview - owner's description
This restored 18th century villa in Tuscany emanates grandeur from a bygone area. Originally used by noble families as a country retreat, the estate is ideally situated to explore the cultural gems and scenic wonders of Tuscany.
With antique furnishings, grand hallways, and Palladian style design, the estate exudes refinery and elegance, with plenty of spaces for guests to unwind. The remodelled kitchen and formal dining room make meals something to look forward to. In the warmer months, dining al fresco on the expansive terrace beside the lemon trees, or beneath a romantic canopy of foliage with stunning views of the countryside is the real treat.
All six bedrooms on the first floor boast en suite bathrooms and original charm. Those relaxing in the upper living room will also enjoy privileged views of the ancient village of Monteriggioni from the balcony. Outside within the 1,000 sqm park, a private pool surrounded by olive and cypress trees invites true relaxation.
You'll find ancient castles, cozy cafes, and markets in Staggia Senese and Poggibonsi, plus endless activities and attractions within short reach from the villa; from the art town of Siena and vineyards of Chianti, to a multitude of medieval villages in between.
The ground floor boasts great staterooms typical of the 18th century villas inspired by the Palladian style.
On the right side of the large entrance is a wide, bright living room which is the largest and oldest section of the house (120 sq.m.). Characterized by its great vaults, the living room is enhanced by a unique fireplace in green marble and is furnished with luxurious and antique furniture. From here, a glass door leads outside to the sunny terrace where several lemon plants are housed.
On the left side of the entrance, you'll find an elegant well-lit dining room with three windows overlooking the Villa's gardens. From the dining room you can access the kitchen, which has been completely renovated and is composed of a wide marble counter-top. The kitchen has an independent service entrance behind the villa. It comes fully equipped with filtered water, five ring stovetop, electric oven, cooking utensils, microwave, dishwasher, washing machine and a refrigerator with freezer.
The staircase opens onto a grand living room with access to a balcony, from which you can enjoy an exclusive view of Monteriggioni. This living room leads to the first of three double bedrooms with en-suite bathroom. A large and bright hallway leads to the other three bedrooms, two twin bedrooms with shared bathroom and one double bedroom with en-suite bathroom.
Each bedroom has been furnished with attention to details, retaining the charm and refined atmosphere of Villa Vinci.
- The second floor, with separate access is an apartment used by the caretaker who is extremely discrete, and is always available for assistance. We want to underline that, where not otherwise indicated, all internal and external spaces are at the exclusive guests disposal.
The villa is surrounded by a fully fenced park of 1000 sqm. In the large area facing the front of the villa is a beautiful gazebo suitable for outdoor dining. To the sides of the villa, guests can enjoy relaxing in the elegant terrace, where the lemon trees are housed and amid the romantic grove of cedars and holm-oaks.
In a secluded area to the back of the villa, nestled among cypress and olive trees, is the private swimming pool surrounded by a large green lawn.
- TV (DTT and satellite)
- Wi-fi internet connection
- Air conditioning in the sleeping area
- Private parking
- Private swimming pool, Dimensions :10 m x 5 m, Depth: 1.40 to 1.60 m)
- Cots, highchairs and a stair gate are available
- Games console
- Ipod dock
Villa Vinci is set in the perfect location to explore Chianti and Tuscany. Chianti is a vast hilly area located in the centre of Tuscany. The land was originally farmed thousands of years ago by both the Etruscans and Romans, They worked the land to produce olive oil and wine, shaping the countryside of modern Tuscany.
The Chianti area includes the medieval towns of Castellina, Radda, Greve, Castelnuovo Berardenga and Gaiole. Villa Vinci's central location provides the exclusive opportunity to visit the many towns of this rich and varied area of Tuscany.
From the terrace of the villa, guests can admire the beautiful medieval castle walls that surround the village of Monteriggioni. The town still preserves most of its 13th century-era buildings and provides unique examples of a medieval Tuscan town.
On the edge of an extensive plain and at the foot Monte Maggio near Villa Vinci, guests can visit the abbey of Abbadia a Isola, a rare example of a Romanesque church in the Siena area. It is composed of three naves and three apses, surrounded by a small village and the ruins of medieval fortifications. Inside the church, guests can see important frescoes that have been carefully preserved.
Explore the land between the two most important cities of Tuscany, Siena and Florence. Guests should not miss touring San Gimignano. The most striking features of San Gimignano are the thirteen medieval towers that overlook the valley and mark the skyline of the town. Walking through the streets of the village, guests willl breathe in the atmosphere of the small workshops of artists, craftsmen, potters and goldsmiths.
A visit to the old town of Certaldo, whose origins date back to 6th century AD, is highly recommended. The town is mostly famous for being the birthplace of the poet Giovanni Boccaccio and it produces delicious lesser-known special onions.
For those who want to explore off the main roads, a drive along the Via Volterrana, with its unusual landscape, hills with continuous ups and downs and curve after curve will provide the perfect escape. The driving experience is very different from what is commonly known of Tuscany. A must-see along this route is the town of Volterra. It dates back to the 3rd century BC, and to enter it, guests must pass under the famous gate Porta dell'Arco. This is a unique example of Etruscan construction still in perfect condition.
In the nearby area there are many outdoor activities, from horse riding to mountain biking and hiking.
Wine lovers cannot miss the opportunity to follow wine tours in the Chianti Classico area and in the rich areas of Montepulciano and Montalcino, where the high quality Brunello and Nobile wines are produced.
For those who want to play golf, the Abbadia Golf Club of Colle Val d'Elsa, just 8 km from the villa, offers a 6-hole path from where guests can enjoy a splendid view of Colle Val d'Elsa and San Gimignano.
Tennis fans can find, just 2 km in waking distance from the villa, the Tennis Club in the town of Staggia Senese, which offers the chance to play in an open or covered field.
For anyone wishing to enjoy a relaxing thermal bath, the Terme di Petriolo can be accessed free of charge.
Just 30 minutes away from the villa, near Castelnuovo Berardenga, there is a go-kart circuit available for children or adults who want to try this fun experience.
Finally, a visit to the enchanting Abbazia di San Galgano, surrounded by natural reserves, is one of the best examples of Cistercian Gothic style in Italy. It is famous for the absence of its roof and for the presence of "the sword in the stone" which gave birth to many legends.
- Closest town Staggia Senese: 2 km
- Restaurant Staggia Senese: 2 km
- Grocery store Staggia Senese: 2 km
- Bakery Antico forno di Staggia: 2 km
- Supermarket Poggibonsi: 7 km
- Golf course Abbadia Golf Club: 9 km
- Tennis court Tennis Club Staggia: 2 km
- Horse riding centre Club Ippico Agrifoglio: 1 km
- Hospital Poggibonsi: 7 km
- Florence airport Peretola: 65 km
- Pisa airport Galileo Galilei: 90 km
- Rome airport Fiumicino: 280 km
- Milan airport Malpensa: 400 km
- Abbazia di Vallombrosa: 73 km
- Arezzo: 82 km
- Cecina Mare (nearest beach): 77 km
- Certaldo: 23 km
- Colle Val d'Elsa: 9 km
- Florence: 55 km
- Lucca: 92 km
- Montalcino: 60 km
- Montepulciano: 85 km
- Monteriggioni: 6 km
- Pisa: 95 km
- San Galgano: 42 km
- San Gimignano: 20 km
- Sant'Antimo: 70 km
- Siena: 19 km
- Terme di Petriolo: 48 km
- Vinci: 55 km
- Volterra: 37 km
- Linens, bath and beach towels are provided and changed once a week.
- Maid service once a week
- Swimming pool from May to October
- Linen and towels change once a week
- Internet wi-fi connection
- Water and gas consumption
- Electricity consumption up to 300 KWatt
SERVICES NOT INCLUDED:
- Heating consumption (4.50 euro per unit, only in Winter)
- Electricity consumption over the first 300 KWatt (0.30 euro per unit)
- Accomodation tax (5 euros per person per week)
- Mandatory final cleaning (180 euros)
SERVICES AVAILABLE ON REQUEST:
- Extra maid service
- Extra linen and towels change
- Continental breakfast
- Cooking lessons
- Horseback riding
- Wine tours
- Guided tours in Florence and Siena
- Extra dinners at the villa
- Dinner on site available
- Dinner in a nearby farm
This is by no means an exhaustive list, so please just contact Oliver's VIP Concierge Team to help you arrange any of those little extras that can really make the difference.
This villa does not have any reviews but the agent has 9 reviews for their other properties.
This villa is:
Outside this villa in Poggibonsi, ItalyThis villa has a pool.
Prices and availability
Updated 18 December 2018
- Your booking
- Available start/end date
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 19 December 2018 - 29 March 2019: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 30 March - 10 May 2019: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 11 May - 11 October 2019: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 12 October - 19 December 2019: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 20 December 2019 - 27 March 2020: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 28 March - 8 May 2020: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 9 May - 9 October 2020: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 10 October - 17 December 2020: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 18 December 2020 - 18 December 2021: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£898.83 per booking, paid locally
6 bedrooms, Sleeps 12
Internet / WiFi
Air conditioning, Central heating