Villa La Fauci
Villa with 4 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms and swimming pool in Peccioli, Italy
Booking cost: £0.00
Pay onlybooking deposit
From £2,724 per week
Villa to rent in Peccioli, Italy
Villa overview - owner's description
Villa la Fauci is a traditional 19th century Tuscan farmhouse with a unique design, converted into a luxury holiday rental in one of the lesser known areas of Tuscany.
Villa la Fauci is a traditional 19th century Tuscan farmhouse with a unique design, converted into a luxury holiday rental in one of the lesser known areas of Tuscany, away from all the crowds. Instead, you are surrounded by nothing but olive groves, vineyards and golden fields of wheat that patchwork the landscape, where wild boar, foxes and deer roam freely.
This loving restoration has stayed loyal to the buildings past, maintaining the original terracotta tiles, gorgeous chestnut wood beams and interior stone walls, whilst adding lavish modern furnishings and the large infinity pool to create the perfect marriage of old and new.
This region has forever been a place of rest, and was where the Knights Templar would come to soothe mind, body and soul during the time of the Crusades. Come follow this tradition with friends or family, and experience this timeless area of peace and relaxation, steeped in ancient history.
The Villa is comprised of two floors measures 300 sq.m and hosts up to 11 persons.
- A fully equipped built-in kitchen with a full range of modern appliances and utility cupboard
- A furnished living room with a large table, sofas, armchairs and satellite TV
- A spacious lounge enhanced by an original rustic fireplace surrounded by sofas, armchairs and satellite TV
- A bathroom equipped for the disabled
- A double bedroom (or twin beds) with satellite TV and en suite bathroom with shower
- A porch sheltered by a wrought iron pergola where you can enjoy your meals or simply relax on comfortable sofas.
- 2 doubles (or twin beds) that can be transformed into triples
- 1 double bedroom ( a single bed can be added in this room) each with an en suite bathroom with shower, an open fireplace, satellite TV and a built- in cupboard
A spiral staircase leads to the “dovecote”, a tower which looms from the centre of the roof converted into a comfortable lounge offering a 360° panoramic view of the hilly landscape.
The Villa has under-floor central heating and air conditioning throughout which can be adjusted as required in every room plus a central sound system with concealed speakers in every room, alarm, safe and telephone.
- Small rustic style hut open on 3 sides equipped for preparing meals and a barbecue or simply to relax
- 15m x 5m swimming pool with a depth from 40cm to 150 cm. with Roman spa steps leading into the pool and a hydro-massage zone
- Solarium with sun beds, chairs and small tables
- Wrought iron sheltered gazebo with sofas and armchairs
- 5.000m garden, landscaped with traditional Tuscan flora
- Sheltered carpark
Although the Villa is situated in the open countryside there is a restaurant nearby (just 800 m) which you could walk to and savour traditional Tuscan cuisine. More restaurants, a few shops, cafes, a bank, a post office, a chemist and a doctor are a few km away and at Peccioli there is a supermarket and interesting shops.
- Washing machine
- Satellite TV
- Telephone (payment by call)
- Central sound system with concealed speakers in every room
- DVD player
- Air conditioning and central heating (not included in price )
- Broadband internet access, barbecue.
- Gazebo with tables, chairs, sofas and armchairs
- Sale of local products (olive oil, wine, honey etc.)
- Traditional Tuscan evening meal (on request )
- Sale of fresh products: bread, pizza, pizza bread, cakes, croissant etc. (every morning)
- Food and wine tours (on request)
- Sport and leisure (in the area ) horse riding excursions, walking trails, golf, tennis, football, spa (on request)
- Art and Italian language courses (on request)
- Cooking courses (on request)
- Guided visits of the most beautiful historical towns (on request)
- Eco friendly
- Mountain biking
- Swimming pool (with hydro-massage relaxing zone ), Dimensions: 16x8 metres, Depth 1.2 to 1.5 metres
- Mini pool for children, Dimensions 5x2 metres, Depth: 0.5 metres
The price and all inclusive:
- Bed linen
- Bath linen
- Kitchen linen
- Swimming-pool (with six Jacuzzi style points)
- Visit to a wine cellar with wine tasting for FREE!
FREE Special Offer!
For bookings with arrival between May and October:
- Guided walking tour of Peccioli, an characteristic medieval village in Tuscany. A walk like a journey back in time!
Situated where the provinces of Pisa, Siena and Florence meet, the villa is just a short distance from the well preserved historical towns of Volterra and San Gimignano.
The village of Montelopio, about 1 km from the Villa, boasts an ancient history. The Etruscans, Longobards, the seafaring Republic of Pisa, the Templars and the noble families of the Grand Duchy of Tuscany have all left their traces as they passed through or settled, attracted by this “prosperous hill”.
The location of the villa is ideal for visiting the most important cultural and artistic centers of Tuscany.
Distances to the following places :
- Volterra 20 km
- San Gimignano 29 km
- San Miniato 29 km
- Certaldo 35 km
- Livorno 45 km
- Pisa 48 km
- Vinci 48 km
- Lucca 49 km
- Viareggio 65 km
- Pistoia 65 km
- Siena 68 km
- Florence 73 km
- Carrara 93 km
- Montalcino 106 km
- Pienza 119 km
- Arezzo 120 km
- Grosseto 120 km
- Montepulciano 125 km
- The sea 48 km
- Spa (Casciana Terme) 25 km
Enjoy typically Tuscan dishes, experience an informative cookery class with an helpful assistant and learn the recipes as they are created. The perfect way to enjoy Tuscan food the way mamma intended it!
One of the most interesting and fascinating experiences in Tuscany is taking part in a cooking class. Tuscan cuisine is based on simple but tasty recipes rooted in tradition and wise agricultural practice. The cook at Villa la Fauci prepares exactly the meals that Tuscans eat at home, using the same fresh and genuine ingredients with the help of very useful tricks. All courses are ideal also for families with young children.
The atmosphere is relaxed, cosy and authentic. The experience is hands-on. The duration of the classes ranges from 2 to 3 hours and they can be arranged in the morning or in the evening, before you sit at a table and enjoy all the delicacies you have prepared. The traditional Tuscan meal is made of appetizers, first course, second course and dessert.
Here are just some menu suggestions, but feel free to ask if you have other preferences. Choose one option for each course (appetizer, primo, secondo, dessert):
Dinner in villa with chef and assistant (from EUR 40 to EUR 60 per person)
- Antipasto 1
Mixed battered vegetables. (onions, artichokes or zucchini flowers and sage)
- Antipasto 2
Bruschette with different topings: tomatoes and basil, sausage and stracchino cheese, rucola salad and parmesan
- Antipasto 3
Bread ‘salad' with cucumber and tomatoes – very typical in Tuscany
- Antipasto 4
Spelt salad with fresh vegetables
- Antipasto 5
Grilled vegetables with hot chili peppers
- Antipasto 6
Typical bread and tomato ‘mush' – very typical in Tuscany
- Antipasto 7
Crostini with porcini mushrooms and other mushrooms prepared in different ways and crostini with chicken lever.
- Antipasto 8
Selection of cheeses and hams of Tuscany
- Chickpea soup
- Farro (‘spelt', typical local type of barley) soup
- Leek and sausage risotto
- Seafood risotto
- Hand-made Tagliatelle or risotto (please specify your preference) with Mushroom or courgette or artichoke or asparagus
- Ravioli with butter and sage
- Hand made Ravioli or tagliatelle with the farmer sauce (vegetarian)
- Hand made Ravioli or tagliatelle with Tuscan meat sauce
- Traditional or vegetable lasagna
MEAT OR FISH SECOND COURSES
- Escalopes in “pizza” (tomato, mozzarella and capers)
- Thinly sliced beef in breadcrumbs and with a tomato sauce
- Chicken cooked in a vegetable sauce with black olives
- Pork fillet with mushrooms
- Pork fillet baked in bread crust case
- Pork or Beef or veal in Chianti sauce
- Beans in tomato sauce with sausages
- Grilled meat (chicken, pork, beef..)
- Oven baked cuttlefish or Seabass and vegetables
Note: All secondi are served with some roasted potatoes or a salad
ALTERNATIVE TO SECOND COURSE: VEGETERIAN COURSES
- Aubergine/Eggplants oven baked with cheese and tomato
- Green beans ‘in umido' (tomato-based gravy)
- Aubergine/Eggplants pizza style
- Type of custard tart with pinenuts
- Fruit tart
- Chestnut pancakes with ricotta filling
- Traditional Tiramisu
- Strawberry Tiramisu (only when it's season)
- “Salami”,-shaped dessert made of chocolate
- Typical almond biscuits
- Fruit salad with icecream
Note: Cost of wine € 5 per person
This villa does not have any reviews but the agent has 1 review for their other properties.
This villa is:
Outside this villa in Peccioli, ItalyThis villa has a pool, a tennis court and a children pool.
Prices and availability
Updated 21 September 2017
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 9 September 2017 - 5 January 2018: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 6 January 2018 - 22 December 2023: the minimum stay is 4 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£882.22 per booking, paid locally
4 bedrooms, Sleeps 11
5 bathrooms including 4 en suites
DVD/Blu-ray player, Internet / WiFi, TV, Satellite / cable
Air conditioning, Central heating, Open fire, Car hire optional