Villa with 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and private pool in Gubbio, Italy
Booking cost: £0.00
Pay onlybooking deposit
From £2,037 per week
Villa to rent in Gubbio, Italy
Villa overview - owner's description
Petronella is comfortably perched 2000ft up in the air with stunning views over the Appenine Mountains and Mt Accuto, just 8km from the medieval town of Gubbio. Owned by an artist and architect.
Petronella is comfortably perched 2000ft up in the air with stunning views over the Appenine Mountains and Mt Accuto, just 8km from the medieval town of Gubbio. Owned by an artist and architect, this 17th century farmhouse has been beautifully restored and enjoys an incredibly luxurious interior with plenty of light and space. The double height ceilings with exposed wooden beams and gorgeous stone exterior ensure the history and character of the property is preserved.
The house accommodates 8 people across 4 generous bedrooms, 3 with en suites housing large bath tubs, showers and bidets. There is a large eat-in kitchen stocked with everything you'll need for cooking up a feast with direct access outside to the al fresco dining area, making serving a breeze.
A large double height sitting room with large comfortable sofas and traditional open fireplace is the perfect spot for cooler nights while outside a 12x6m pool and barbecue area are the place to be on balmy evenings. There are plenty of sun loungers and parasols around the pool for relaxing and lush lawns for outdoor games with lighting for when you fancy a late night dip.
At the front of the house under a pergola is a large terrace with seating for 10, where you can catch the morning sun whilst enjoying a leisurely breakfast. Parking for 4 cars is found next to the house with space for 4 more cars just 50m away.
- Floor area 325m2
- Eat-in kitchen
- Sitting room
- Bedroom 1 - very large double height bedroom with king size bed, baby crib, bath and 2 wash hand basins in the room. En suite withshower, bidet and WC.
- Bedroom 2 - large bedroom with king size bed and windows looking towards the Apennines and access to the front terrace. En suite with combination tub/shower, bidet, WC.
- Bedroom 3 - 2 single beds which can be pushed together to form large double. En suite with combination tub/shower, bidet, WC.
- Bedroom 4 - accessed from sitting room with a large sofa bed that sleeps 2. If not required as a bedroom it can be used as extension to the sitting room.
- A mezzanine office can be reached from Bed 1 by a glass staircase with far reaching views to the Apennines from the windows.
- Guest toilet, off the kitchen on ground floor
- 12x6m swimming pool
-Adjoining the pool is a stone built charcoal barbecue with large serving and dining area, fridge and basin with running water
- Covered terrace withoutdoor dining to seat 10 people
- Second terrace with dining area
- 8 x sun loungers
- Sun parasols
- Child's Swing
- Lawn / Garden
- Car Park (8 cars)
- Baby Gate
- Bathroom: Soap, Hair Dryer, Towels, Shampoo, Toilet Paper
- Entertainment: Books (Kids/Adults), Cable TV, DVD Player, Games, MP3 Dock, Music Library, Stereo, Toys, VCR, Video Library
- High chair
- Kitchen: Blender, Cooking Utensils, Dishes & Utensils, Dishwasher, Fridge/Freezer, Oven, Pantry Items, Paper Towel, Stove, Toaster
- Laundry: Laundry Soap, Iron & Board, Tumble Dryer, Washing Machine
- Linens Provided
- Local Maps, Restaurants and Activities Guide
- Parking (8 cars)
- Security System
- Wireless Internet
8 km down the road is the beautiful medieval town of Gubbio, an ancient Umbrian stronghold and renowned ceramics centre of Italy with shops selling traditional pottery and ironwork. The grand piazza is a real showpiece and every May the Corsa dei Ceri festival takes place here. At one end of the piazza is the 14th-century Palazzo dei Consoli which can be seen all across the town and houses the archeological museum.
Nearby, Monte Cucco National Park sits 1566 metres above sea level featuring beechwood forests, rocky cliffs and picturesque gorges. It's renowned for its karstic cave systems and is ideal for getting adventurous with activities such as: canyoning, horse treks, mountain biking, paragliding and caving.
Easy excursions from the property include: Assisi (housing the beautiful frescoes by Giotto); Arezzo, Monterchi and San Sepolcro to see the Piero della Francescas; and the gorgeous hill towns of Perugia, Spello, Orvieto, Todi, Montefalco Spoleto and Urbino.
The Adriatic seaside resort of Fano is a 45 min drive.
There is an abundance of animal and bird life to be seen around the house, with eagles and buzzards soaring overhead and in the spring and early summer a family of falcons nest above the front door.
This villa does not have any reviews but the agent has 2 reviews for their other properties.
This villa is:
Outside this villa in Gubbio, ItalyThis villa has a pool.
Prices and availability
Updated 17 February 2018
- Your booking
- Available start/end date
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 18 February 2018 - 28 December 2024: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£1,000.00 per booking, paid locally
4 bedrooms, Sleeps 8
DVD/Blu-ray player, Internet / WiFi, TV, Satellite / cable
Central heating, Open fire, Car hire optional