Villa with 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and private pool in Gubbio, Italy
Booking cost: £0.00
Pay onlybooking deposit
From £2,146 per week
Villa to rent in Gubbio, Italy
Petronella is comfortably perched 2000ft up in the air with stunning views over the Appenine Mountains and Mt Accuto, just 8km from the medieval town of Gubbio. Owned by an artist and architect.
Share this holiday home
Villa overview - owner's description
Petronella is comfortably perched 2000ft up in the air with stunning views over the Appenine Mountains and Mt Accuto, just 8km from the medieval town of Gubbio. Owned by an artist and architect, this 17th century farmhouse has been beautifully restored and enjoys an incredibly luxurious interior with plenty of light and space. The double height ceilings with exposed wooden beams and gorgeous stone exterior ensure the history and character of the property is preserved.
The house accommodates 8 people across 4 generous bedrooms, 3 with en suites housing large bath tubs, showers and bidets. There is a large eat-in kitchen stocked with everything you'll need for cooking up a feast with direct access outside to the al fresco dining area, making serving a breeze.
A large double height sitting room with large comfortable sofas and traditional open fireplace is the perfect spot for cooler nights while outside a 12x6m pool and barbecue area are the place to be on balmy evenings. There are plenty of sun loungers and parasols around the pool for relaxing and lush lawns for outdoor games with lighting for when you fancy a late night dip.
At the front of the house under a pergola is a large terrace with seating for 10, where you can catch the morning sun whilst enjoying a leisurely breakfast. Parking for 4 cars is found next to the house with space for 4 more cars just 50m away.
Petronella is a lovely country house with 4 bedrooms, 3 en-suite, sitting room and eat in kitchen, pool and barbecue area
- Fully equipped kitchen and dining area
- Living room
- Very large double height bedroom with king size bed, baby crib, bath and 2 wash hand basins in the room. En suite withshower, bidet and WC and mezzanine office
- Double bedroom with king size bed, en-suite bathroom and windows looking towards the Apennines and access to the front terrace
- Twin bedroom (can be converted in double) with en-suite bathroom
- Double bedroom/sitting room with large sofa bed that sleeps 2 (If not required as a bedroom it can be used as extension to the sitting room)
- Guest toilet
- Swimming pool (12x6m)
- Stone built charcoal barbecue with fridge and basin with running water
- Two covered terrace withoutdoor dining and sitting area
- Sun parasols and sun loungers
- Child's Swing
- Lawn / Garden
- Car Park (8 cars)
- Baby Gate
- Bathroom: Soap, Hair Dryer, Towels, Shampoo, Toilet Paper
- Books (Kids/Adults), Cable TV, DVD Player, Games, MP3 Dock, Music Library, Stereo, Toys, VCR, Video Library
- Laundry Soap, Iron & Board, Tumble Dryer, Washing Machine
- Local Maps, Restaurants and Activities Guide
- Security System
- Wireless Internet
8 km down the road is the beautiful medieval town of Gubbio, an ancient Umbrian stronghold and renowned ceramics centre of Italy with shops selling traditional pottery and ironwork. The grand piazza is a real showpiece and every May the Corsa dei Ceri festival takes place here. At one end of the piazza is the 14th-century Palazzo dei Consoli which can be seen all across the town and houses the archeological museum.
Nearby, Monte Cucco National Park sits 1566 metres above sea level featuring beechwood forests, rocky cliffs and picturesque gorges. It's renowned for its karstic cave systems and is ideal for getting adventurous with activities such as: canyoning, horse treks, mountain biking, paragliding and caving.
Easy excursions from the property include: Assisi (housing the beautiful frescoes by Giotto); Arezzo, Monterchi and San Sepolcro to see the Piero della Francescas; and the gorgeous hill towns of Perugia, Spello, Orvieto, Todi, Montefalco Spoleto and Urbino.
The Adriatic seaside resort of Fano is a 45 min drive.
There is an abundance of animal and bird life to be seen around the house, with eagles and buzzards soaring overhead and in the spring and early summer a family of falcons nest above the front door.
This villa does not have any reviews but the agent has 4 reviews for their other properties.
This villa is:
Outside this villa in Gubbio, ItalyThis villa has a pool.
Prices and availability
Updated 17 August 2018
- Your booking
- Available start/end date
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 18 August 2018 - 17 August 2021: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£1,000.00 per booking, paid locally
4 bedrooms, Sleeps 8
DVD/Blu-ray player, Internet / WiFi, TV, Satellite / cable
Central heating, Open fire