Chateau with 9 bedrooms, 8 bathrooms and swimming pool in Greve in Chianti, Italy
Booking cost: £0.00
Pay onlybooking deposit
From £7,265 per week
Chateau to rent in Greve in Chianti, Italy
Chateau overview - owner's description
Castello Chianti is situated deep in the heart of Tuscany surrounded by enchanting olive groves and vineyards and is the ideal place to indulge in a tranquil stay embraced by the beautiful hills of.
Castello Chianti is situated deep in the heart of Tuscany surrounded by enchanting olive groves and vineyards and is the ideal place to indulge in a tranquil stay embraced by the beautiful hills of Chianti. Located in Tizzano and only 12 km from Florence in the beautiful Tuscan countryside and wonderfully landscaped gardens lies this stylish castello.
The castle comprises a large complex consisting of the villa, the tower, the romantic park, French garden, the outdoor infinity swimming pool and barbecue terrace. Castello Chianti has belonged to many prestigious Florentine families over the decades and has been beautifully renovated to create a wonderful property to rent or host a wedding.
Castello Chianti can comfortably sleep up to 18 guests in 9 individually designed bedrooms. A discounted rate is applied for smaller groups of 12 and 10. Feel like royalty yourself in this sophisticated castle which comes complete with a majestic ballroom, botanical gardens and the grand dining hall. All rooms have been designed to incorporate the castle's history with many traditional furniture pieces throughout.
The French gardens were designed by a famous landscaped architect and guests can enjoy outdoor living whilst taking in the panoramic views of the rolling hills of Chianti and the Dome of Florence Cathedral.
Enjoy breakfast and lunch every day cooked by the chef (for additional cost) as well as daily cleaning. Make use of the bicycles to explore the Chianti area and its delightful villages such as Greve, Imprueta and Panzano.
Immerse yourself in the Tuscan culture by booking one of the additional services such as a cooking class, wine cellar tours with wine, cheese and olive oil tasting, horseback riding or a yoga lesson by the swimming pool. There is plenty to choose from.
You will be sure to have an unforgettable stay at Castello Chianti, whether you are looking for a unique holiday or to have an cherished wedding in a magical location.
- Ballroom with antique furniture and large dining table
- Guest toilet
- Sitting room
- Library with wonderful views over the garden
- Fully equipped Kitchen with espresso machine, kettle, oven, toaster, dishwasher, washing machine
- Deluxe superior Bedroom (Contessa Mita) with double bed, air-conditioning and ensuite bathroom with bath and overhead shower
- Deluxe superior Bedroom (Conte Filippo) with twin beds, air-conditioning
- Junior Suite (Cielo) with twin bed which can convert into double bed, air-conditioning and ensuite bathroom
- Living Room
- Junior Suite (Giulia) which is isolated from the other rooms, embellished tiled floor, twin bed which can covert into a double bed, air-conditioning and beautiful bathroom with both a shower and bath
- Deluxe superior Bedroom (Liz Taylor) with king size bed, air-conditioning and ensuite with bath and overhead shower
- Classic Bedroom (La Verde) with twin beds (can be joined to form a double), possibility to adding a cot, air-conditioning and shared bathroom.
- Classic Bedroom (La Rosa) with twin beds (can be joined to form a double), possibility to adding a cot, air-conditioning and shared bathroom.
- Suite (Federico) with king size bed, air-conditioning and bathroom (possibility of adding a third bed)
- Junior Suite (La Torre) located in the medieval tower, double bed, air-conditioning and ensuite with shower
- Private swimming infinity pool (clorine free, 9x11m and 1.6m depth, open from May to September)
- Sun loungers
- Botanical gardens
- Covered and uncovered terraces
- Private parking (for 5 cars directly outside)
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free toiletries
- DVD player
- MP3 player
- Iron and ironing board
- Mosquito screens
- Alarm system
- Linen and towels included
Castello Chianti is situated amongst the most spectacular Tuscan countryside with rolling hills and vineyards all around. With only a short drive (16km) to the historic town of Florence and only 7km to the village of Impruneta, it is the ideal location for a holiday or wedding in a wonderful location.
Distances from Castello Chianti
- San Polo in Chianti – 2.5km
- Impruneta – 14km
- Greve in Chianti – 18km
- Florence – 20km
- Panzano – 25km
- Radda in Chianti – 36km
- Gaiole in Chianti – 49km
- San Miniato – 57k,
- Lucca – 95km
- Pisa – 103km
- Rome – 266km
Castello Chianti can offer guests memorable experiences (at an additional cost):
- Cooking lessons with lunch in the castle garden or in the noble lounge
- Tasting of olive oil and wine with visits to wineries and olive oil mills of the noble estates of Chianti
- Walks and horse riding
- Mountain bike rides through the hills of Chianti
- Painting lessons in the garden
- Yoga by sunset by the pool
- Vespa and Fiat 500 tour around Tuscany
- Art workshops
- Guided tours of Florence (visits to all major museums across the city on foot and by bicycle)
- Intensive cooking courses and painting courses (watercolour, oil and acrylic technical)
- Private concerts for harp and string quartet
- Medieval or renaissance dinners, theme night
Please note: 5 night stays are allowed in off-peak months.
The owners live in a separate part of the villa with their own entrance. They have some pets, however they do not roam freely on the estate. The gardens and pool are reserved exclusively for guests.
This chateau does not have any reviews but the agent has 1 review for their other properties.
This chateau is:
Outside this chateau in Greve in Chianti, ItalyThis chateau has a pool.
Prices and availability
Updated 24 September 2017
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 2 September - 27 October 2017: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 28 October - 30 December 2017: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 6 January - 22 March 2018: the minimum stay is 5 nights.
- 23 March - 6 April 2018: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 9 June - 26 October 2018: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 27 October - 29 December 2018: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£885.90 per booking, paid locally
9 bedrooms, Sleeps 18
Internet / WiFi, TV, Satellite / cable
Air conditioning, Central heating, Car hire optional