Grange Cove Sunroom 16
House with 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms in Mauritiustown, Ireland
From £455 per week
House to rent in Mauritiustown, Ireland
This is a well kept three bedroom holiday home with a lovely bright sunroom feature as well as a wood burning stove. This house has a fully enclosed garden and Wifi is available free of charge.
Share this holiday home
House overview - owner's description
Grange Cove is an exclusive development of 16 holiday homes located just a 15 minute stroll from the Blue Flag beach at Rosslare Strand & its many pubs & restaurants.
These are bright and modern holiday homes which have been constantly upgraded since they were built & can now boast very high insulation standards, landscaped grounds & strong WIFI connection for FREE.
Each spacious house is fully detached and is located on its own private site with an enclosed garden. This is an ideal location for families to get away from the hustle and bustle of city life.
- THESE HOUSES ARE STRICTLY NON-SMOKING
- Pets are not allowed in this location, with the exception of guide dogs which are welcome.
- All houses have wifi access.
This 3 bedroom holiday home is bright and spacious with the lovely feature of a front sunroom. This sunroom opens into a spacious living area, which in turn adjoins a modern spacious kitchen.
A double bedroom en-suite is also situated on the ground floor.
The first floor has two spacious bedrooms with one triple room and 1 single room and a separate bathroom. A large open landing upstairs provides a generous space, which is well lit by windows at both ends.
Grange Cove is ideal for families & especially those with toddlers as each house has:
- A fully enclosed garden
- DVD players in all houses
- Children's TV channels & film channels
- There is also a playground located onsite for hours of fun..
- Babysitting- can be arranged locally. The site managers have contact information on local babysitters & parents can make arrangements with the babysitter directly.
The sandy Rosslare Strand beach is just a 15-20 minute stroll from Grange Cove or is less than 5 minutes by car.
THINGS TO DO LOCALLY:
Wexford’s racecourse and boat & tennis club are on the outskirts of the town while Rosslare Strand is also a popular accommodation venue for patrons of Wexford Opera Festival, held every October.
ROSSLARE STRAND'S BLUE FLAG GOLDEN SANDY BEACH:
The description "Sunny South East" has been associated with County Wexford for many years and is due to the fact that Wexford consistently enjoys more hours of sunshine per year than any other part of the country. Recorded rainfall is lower than the national average, while the daily temperature is higher than the norm in Ireland. County Wexford boasts 200 km (124 miles) of coastline on two seas, with miles and miles of unspoilt golden strand and secluded coves. Rosslare Strand boasts the coveted Blue Flag & its golden sands stretch for miles
This area boasts many fine courses..a true Golfers Paradise:
- Rosslare Golf Club
- St. Helen’s Bay
- Wexford Golf Club
Other courses within easy access:
Enniscorthy Golf Club
Waterford Golf Club
Mount Juliet Golf Club
Faithlegg Golf Club
Tramore Golf Club
* Carlow Golf Club
Fishing in Wexford is a pure joy. Rosslare is a haven for all fishing enthusiastic from shore angling to sea angling, there is something to suit all. The clean seas, sparkling rivers and wave-lashed deserted beaches and coves of the South East give rise to some of Ireland’s best tasting fish - Bass, sea-trout and salmon are among the county’s native species, while the mighty pike has challenged even the most experienced fisherman.
With horse riding being such a popular leisure activity for people in County Wexford, it is no wonder that there is such a selection of excellent equestrian centres to choose from. As well as leisure riding and beach treks, visitors can avail of quality-approved instruction for riders of all standards.
Loisin Riding Centre, Kilrane, Rosslare Harbour- This centre is located approx. 10mins from Grange Cove & caters for all levels & abilities. Beach rides also available & lessons too..Childrens camps run in high season.
Ballycanew Riding Centre
Curracloe House Equestrian Centre -Open all year-Facilities include indoor school and two outdoor manege. By the sea - superb beach rides. Children's non-residential camps. All levels of instruction, schooling and liveries.
Glenmoor Riding School in beautiful Fethard-On-Sea, Co. Wexford. A perfect way to take in the scenery from horseback.
ACTIVITY & LEISURE LOCALLY:
Miles of coastline and varied terrain offer plenty of opportunity for those looking for activity. Hill walking, coastal walks, mountain biking and hang gliding are all catered for. Both Gaelic Football and Hurling are popular in Wexford, and matches are held most weekends in local villages and towns. Indoor and outdoor facilities with activities to suit all the family include:
- Aqua Club at Kelly's Resort Hotel, Rosslare Strand, Co. Wexford - is open to non-residents, the Aqua Club has 2 swimming pools, Jacuzzi, steam room, sauna, sun bed, aromatherapy, beauty treatment, plunge pool and an outdoor Canadian hot tub.
- Rosslare Sports and Recreation Centre:soccer pitch, tennis courts, crazy golf, children's play area, (swings, slides, trampoline). Summer camp available. Indoor: video games, pool, tennis table, jukebox, basketball, badminton and indoor soccer.
- Leisuremax is located next to the Drinagh roundabout on the Wexford road. It's a real godsend for the kids on a rainy day!
- Omniplex Cinema. This new multiscreen is also located close to the Drinagh Roundabout, on the road to Wexford Town. Details of the movies can be found in the local press & online..
- Enniscorthy Swimming Pool and Leisure Complex has an Indoor swimming pool
- Forest Park Swimming & Leisure Centre features a water slide and water playground for the kids. With a 25m pool, sauna, steam room and Jacuzzi for the adults. Advance bookings advised..
- Kiltorcan Raceway Karting Circuit in Ballyhale, Co. Kilkenny
- Pirates Cove, located in Courtown Harbour, offers entertainment for all the family. The adventure golf is unique in Ireland, with its greens, caves, rivers, tropical gardens and pirates ship. Pirates Cove is also home to Wexford's only ten-pin bowling centre (it is advisable to pre-book bowling) with the additional attraction of a fun cave (3-10 yrs) and family restaurant. Open: June, July & August
- Quad Attack,Clonroche, Enniscorthy, Co. Wexford
WALKING & CYCLING:
Wexford offers many exciting and varied routes for walkers and cyclists to discover. Meandering and undulating routes link towns, villages, historical sites, country pubs and accommodation, coastal paths and hill climbs. Stretching over 200km/125 miles, coastal walks are plentiful in Wexford. They can include shore walks or tracks along our reclaimed slob-lands.
For the more up-hill enthusiast, Mount Leinster and the Black Stairs are an enjoyable day's hiking or biking. Starting from Kildavin near Bunclody, forest tracks offer easy access. Mount Leinster is the highest point and is a favourite spot for hang-gliders when conditions prevail.
The South East Coastal Drive is a new sign posted route stretching from Wexford Town through Kilmore Quay, Carrig-an-Bannow, Fethard, Hook and Ballyhack ending at Ardmore in County Waterford.
Watersports activity centres offering canoeing and windsurfing are available, while sailing enthusiasts are catered for by the Blue Flag Marina at Kilmore Quay and Wexford Harbour Boat and Tennis Club. The Boat Club has junior and adult sailing classes in the summer.
Within the Kilmore Quay and Hook areas there are some of the most spectacular and varied diving in Ireland. With excellent visibility the diver can explore wrecks from 6 to 60 meters, study marine life on Coningbeg Rocks and the Brandies or watch seals, dolphins and diving birds around the Saltee Islands. Shore diving around Hook Peninsula, which is a favourite among Irish divers, boasts wrecks and deep open gullies full of marine life. Centres are available in Kilmore Quay, Hook, and Wexford Town, contact the Tourist Office for exact details.
OTHER PLACES OF INTEREST NEARBY:
- 1798 centre in Enniscorthy - about a 30 min drive from Rosslare
- Irish National Heritage Park - about 10 mins drive from Rosslare, a visit to this authentic recreation of Ireland's heritage is highly recommended.
- Our Lady’s Island, Carne, Co Wexford: A national place of pilgrimage.
- Johnstown Castle Gardens & Irish Agricultural Museum
Johnstown Castle Gardens & Irish Agricultural Museum Murrintown, Co Wexford. Tel: The gardens of Johnstown Castle contain a wide range of trees and shrubs. Picnic area. The museum depicts Irish Agricultural and rural life
Johnstown Castle Gardens & Irish Agricultural Museum
Murrintown, Co Wexford. Tel:
Saltee Islands: Off Kilmore Quay, home to Ireland's largest bird sanctuary & just a short boat trip from the nearby village of Kilmore Quay. Here you can see birds incl gannets, gulls, puffins & cormorants in their natural habitat. Don't forget that while in Kilmore Quay you can buy fresh fish directly off the boats!
- Wexford Wildfowl Reserve North Slob, Wexford. Tel: Facilities include disabled friendly Visitor Centre and a number of Bird Hides.
- Historic Wexford Town Noted for its medieval walls and narrow streets. It was a centre for the 1798 rebellion. Guided walking tours available Tel: .
- Hook Lighthouse Hook Head, Fethard on Sea, Co Wexford. Tel:
- Dunbrody Famine Ship New Ross, Co Wexford. Tel:
- Kennedy Homestead Dunganstown, New Ross, Co Wexford. Tel:
This house does not have any reviews.
This house is:
Outside this house in Mauritiustown, IrelandThis house is in the town but in a quiet area. It has a barbecue and a garden. Car hire is not necessary as the house is less than a 15 minute walk to a large selection of shops, bars, restaurants; however parking is not available.
Prices and availability
Updated 13 September 2019
- Your booking
- Available start/end date
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 16 October 2019 - 3 January 2020: changeover day is Saturday, bookings must be for whole weeks only and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
Breakage Deposit to be collected locally
£175.11 per booking, paid locally
£42.90 per booking, paid with booking
3 ensuite bedrooms, Sleeps 5
TV Languages in English
Iron / board, Towels / linen, Washing machine, Car hire optional
Cooker, Fridge, Freezer, Kettle, Microwave, Oven, Toaster
Barbecue, Private garden
Private Owner From Kenmare, Ireland Member since Apr 2005
Past bookings: 119 bookings
Last seen: 7 months ago
Number of properties: 15