Castle Cottage Near The Sea
Beach cottage with 1 bedroom and 1 bathroom in Messinia, Greece
From £293 per week
Cottage to rent in Messinia, Greece
Charming, detached Greek cottage in stunning, unique location, close to beaches and town all within a short walk away.....surrounded by a magical garden/olive grove, full of flowers and fruit trees.
Share this holiday home
Cottage overview - owner's description
This charming, detached cottage is located within the grounds of the Ancient Castle of Koroni.
Being suitable for a couple. The property offers a chance to stay in a very unique and atmospheric location.
The cottage comprises a double bed, wardrobe, log burner, air/con unit, fast WiFi connection, stereo system with c.d's, a good selection of books, maps and information about the area, table and chairs, all in the main, large room.
Adjacent to this room is a fully fitted kitchen with small electric cooker, blender, toaster, kettle and all utensils. A door leads to an outdoor kitchen where you will find a large fridge/freezer and double sink unit.
The outdoor kitchen is covered and a gate takes you onto the first patio with table and chairs for outdoor dining.
Also attached to the house is an outdoor shower and washing machine in its own housing.
There is another terrace at the front of the property, shaded by Jasmine and a Grape Vine. n the Summer months help yourself to beautiful, juicy grapes, just reach up and pick a bunch!
A lovely place to sit when the sun is too hot!
There is also another two terraces, one looks out to sea through the trees, a favourite place to sit and watch the night sky, which is amazing in Greece.
The other terrace is shady, sit under living sculptures, olive trees over 100 years old.
In November we harvest our olives and have wonderful, extra virgin oil, from trees that are not sprayed with chemicals. You are welcome to buy oil from us and a sample is left in the cottage for guests.
We leave a welcome pack for you to include, coffee, tea, oil, milk and water. If you require further provisions then please let me know in advance.
There is plenty of room for parking in the garden.
Within the Castle grounds there is a monastery where a few Nuns now live, it is open to the public and the Nuns are very happy to show you around.
A short walk down some steps from the Castle and along a shady avenue brings you to the glorious Zaga Beach, home to nesting Loggerhead Turtles in the Summer months. The beach is protected and there are no high rise hotels, in fact Koroni is a place where you can experience low key tourism.
There are also two other sandy beaches nearby.
In the town of Koroni there are all amenities, Bakers, Fresh Fish shop, Supermarket, Banks with ATM machines. It is also the place for eating out, there are many Tavernas (restaurants) and cafe bars along the waterfront, it is a wonderful place to sit and watch the fishing boats and the yachts which regularly anchor in the calm, blue waters of Koroni.
The cottage truly affords a wonderful position, a special place that leaves a lasting impression of peace and tranquility........
This cottage has 1 verified review.
1 out of 1 people recommend staying here
23 other reviews
1 - 23 of 23
This cottage is:
Sights and attractions
Outside this cottage in Messinia, GreeceThis cottage is in the town near the beach and mountains. It has a balcony, a barbecue, outside lighting, a garden and a sea view. Car hire is not necessary as the cottage is less than a 15 minute walk to a large selection of shops, bars, restaurants; however parking is available if required.
Prices and availability
Updated 29 October 2019
- Your booking
- Available start/end date
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 17 January - 31 March 2020: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 1 April - 30 April 2020: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 1 May - 31 May 2020: bookings must be for whole weeks only and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 1 June - 31 August 2020: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 1 September - 30 September 2020: changeover days are Saturday and Sunday, bookings must be for whole weeks only and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 1 October - 31 October 2020: changeover days are Saturday and Sunday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 1 November 2020 - 17 January 2021: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 1 April - 30 April 2021: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 1 May - 31 May 2021: bookings must be for whole weeks only and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 1 June - 31 August 2021: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 1 September - 30 September 2021: changeover days are Saturday and Sunday, bookings must be for whole weeks only and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 1 October - 31 October 2021: changeover days are Saturday and Sunday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 1 April - 30 April 2022: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 1 May - 31 May 2022: bookings must be for whole weeks only and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 1 June - 31 August 2022: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 1 September - 30 September 2022: changeover days are Saturday and Sunday, bookings must be for whole weeks only and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 1 October - 31 October 2022: changeover days are Saturday and Sunday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
Late booking discounts
- Arrive between 1 April - 31 October and receive 10% off if the booking is made within 7 days of the arrival date.
If more than one discount matches your arrival date, please be aware that only one discount of the highest amount will be applied to your booking.
wood for stove in Winter months
1 November - 31 March: £100.00 per booking if the booking is for more than 3 nights, paid with booking
£40.00 per booking, paid locally
1 bedroom, Sleeps 2:
- 1 double bed
There is also 1 single sofa bed in Living area, 1 cot
1 bathroom, 1 Separate WC
CD player, DVD/Blu-ray player, Internet / WiFi
Living area seats 2, Dining area seats 2, Air conditioning throughout property, Hair dryer, Iron / board, Towels / linen, Washing machine, High chair, Car hire optional
Cooker, Crockery, Cutlery, Fridge, Freezer, Glassware, Kettle, Microwave, Oven, Pots / pans, Toaster
Balcony or terrace, Barbecue, Outside lighting, Parking, Private garden, Sea view
Infants, Smoking, Pets
There is an outdoor shower and many seating places in the garden.
Private Owner From Koroni, Greece Member since Apr 2016
Past bookings: 2 bookings
Response rate: 100%
Response time: within 3 hours
Last seen: 2 months ago
Number of properties: 3