The Eagle House
Villa with 1 bedroom and shared pool in Krousonas, Crete
Booking cost: £0.00
From £766 per week
Villa to rent in Krousonas, Crete
Villa overview - owner's description
A group of six detached fully furnished cottages built from curved stone and wood according to traditional architecture and with respect to the enviro
These cottages are situated on the side of a hill on the eastern feet of mountain Psiloritis (Idi) at a height of 800m.
They are at the entrance of the gorge of Ag. Irini, 25 km west of Heraklion City and only 4km from the historic village of Krousonas.
Behind them stands the impressive mount Gournos which is a protected Natura area due to its wide variety of plants and animals but mainly because the few remaining pairs of Gypaetus Barbatus build their nests there.
At the front they have a panoramic view of a plain and the sea in the far distance.
Inside they combine the comforts of a modern home with the warm and friendly atmosphere and they are big enough for 2 or 4 people each.
There is a big living room-dining room-kitchen a bathroom and a slightly raised bedroom.
All cottages have central heating, fireplace and big verandas with a magnificent view to the four points of the compass.
The group of cottages has a swimming pool, a small and friendly reception that also serves as a lounge café and of course a traditional Tavern where visitors can taste local specialities made of natural products of Crete.
* Trekking: Follow a path parallel to the gorge of Ag. Irini up to the Krousonas Plateau (1300m) mitato.jpg
* Get to know the endemic plants and herbs of mountain Psiloritis (3500 different kinds), a typical day of the Cretan shepherds and the traditional way of breeding and cheese making. Don’t miss a visit to the traditional “mitata”(arched small buildings made of stone without any connecting materials) the houses of the shepherds. (4km)
* Visit to the Minoan City of Zominthos, the Observatory, the historic village Anogia (10km), the Nida Plateau and the “Ideon Andron” (the cave where Zeus was born and raised according to mythology).
* Agia Eirini.
Visit to the women’s monastery of Ag. Irini (1,5km).
* Walk around the streets of the historic village of Krousonas where you can meet locals, see the workshops of traditional products and the numerous churches each one with its own unique history.
* Guided tour in the museums of Heraklion City, the Venetian Walls and the Knossos Palace.
* Get to know the traditional Cretan music and the customs of the island participating in local celebrations (weddings, baptisms) which take place in our tavern, taste the local wine, ”raki” and the world wide famous Cretan olive oil, basic ingredient of local dishes.
Our Tavern is placed on the foot of mountain Psiloritis in height of 750 m. with a view to the sea an to the Cretan land. It has built with curved stone from people who love their village and are proffessional in their job.
The visitor has the idea that this tavern is a part of nature. Materials which have being used, proove it.
Its warm and hospitable place with ovens that burn wood and fireplaces.
Close to the beauty and the air of the nature another air from the traditional cuisine of Aetovigla welcome us to discover the secret of good life. Cheese, meat, vegetables from Psiloritis are cooked in fine oil traditionally.
Lamp is cooked in wooden oven, goat with spaghetti amd athotiro (local cheese), old goat with tomato sause, sour wheat, fried snails, traditional sausage, cheesepies, pancakes with must syrup are some of the dishes.
All the dishes are served with bread of leaven and local wine.
On the way to Aetovigla we find village Krousonas and we see the Agia Irini graphic monastery. Agia Irini is one old monastery. The wild beauty of nature challenges the visitor to walk up to Livadi the plateu of Krousonas.
Look, hear, smell, taste. Enjoy that beauty and feel the senses.
This villa does not have any reviews but the agent has 19 reviews for their other properties.
This villa is:
Sights and attractions
Outside this villa in Krousonas, CreteThis villa is in a village and in a quiet area. It has a shared pool and outside lighting.
Prices and availability
Updated 1 December 2016
Select your travel dates on the calendar
1 bedroom, Sleeps 4:
- 1 double bed
There is also 2 single sofa beds
Living area seats 5, Dining area seats 5, Open fire, Towels / linen, Car hire optional
Cooker, Fridge, Freezer, Glassware, Oven, Pots / pans
Property Manager From Heraklion, Greece Member since Feb 2007
Past bookings: 115 bookings
Response rate: 100%
Response time: within 5 hours
Last logged in: a month ago
Number of properties: 379