House with 17 bedrooms, 14 bathrooms and swimming pool in Schmuggerow, Germany
From £878 per week
House to rent in Schmuggerow, Germany
This holiday home is the Schmuggerow Palace, which is an erstwhile palace, open for a special group of people. This home can accommodate 36 people (3 beds just for children).
Share this holiday home
House overview - owner's description
This holiday home is the Schmuggerow Palace, which is an erstwhile palace, open for a special group of people. This home can accommodate 36 people (3 beds just for children). This property was built in the year 1871 by the famous architect, Paul Otto Brückwalk, in new Barock style. This home was a stylish gift for the daughter of Count Maximilian of Schwerin. The castle on the edge of the Uckermark is located in the beautiful countryside of Western Pomerania and its old paintings and other structures were rebuilt and restored in the year 1997. This palace is located on the outskirts of a village in a rural neighbourhood nestled between large fields and forests. This building radiates the greatness and flair of the period it was built in and the entire building can be rented. This holiday home has 9 suites. There is a recreation room with a Sweden room, where you can enjoy tea or play cards. The hallway leads to a large terrace with a splendid view of the park-like natural landscape. Observe the fantastic bird life at sunset with a glass of wine in hand from the terrace. A vaulted dining room, a fully-equipped kitchen and a small bar are situated in the basement to enjoy your evenings with friends. A billiards room, a table tennis table and a TV room with separate staircase to the Sweden Room, are also in the basement. You can find a sauna, solarium, shower room and toilet here. There is a small pond and a gazebo with garden furniture and barbecue on the 15,000 square metres huge property. This property is heated by a central biogas facility. Swings and a small outdoor pool in summer are perfect for kids. A holiday in the Schmuggerow Palace is ideally suited for exploring Pomerania. Schmuggerow Palace is an ideal starting point for the discovery of a unique landscape and history. For instance you can explore the beaches of Baltic Sea, Szczecin Lagoon or the seaside resorts in Usedom. In this home you can enjoy a nice holiday with family or just enjoy with your friends. Treat yourselves by enjoying a holiday in this palace. Hamburg is just 3.5 hours away from here and Berlin is just 2 hours away. Pets are allowed free of charge. Internet connection is available in the house.Bed linens and hand towels are available for EUR 10 per person. Cost of energy / oil / water are according to consumption plus final cleaning fee of EUR 15 per person, which will amount to least EUR 490 and must be paid at checkout. Deposit for youth groups deposit are EUR 2000.
This beautiful house is made from brick or stone and was originally built in 1871 and refurbished in 2015. The agent has rated it as a four star property so it is a well-equipped house with above average furnishings. It is also great value for money. This house has a swimming pool and is located in Schmuggerow, 20km from Anklam. It is set in a convenient location, 1.5km away from a lake. There's also a restaurant 13km away.
The house has free wireless internet. You can also park on-site at no extra charge. The house is well equipped: it has a refrigerator, microwave, washing machine and dishwasher. The property has a sauna; it also has a barbecue, a garden and some garden furniture outside.
This house does not have any reviews but the agent has 147 reviews for their other properties.
Outside this house in Schmuggerow, GermanyThis house has a barbecue and a swimming pool.
Prices and availability
Updated 12 December 2018
- Your booking
- Available start/end date
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 15 December 2018 - 11 January 2019: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 12 January 2019 - 10 January 2020: changeover day is Saturday.
Prepayment consumption (such as electricity, water, gas and heating) - to be paid on arrival
Throughout 2018: €50.00 per night, paid locally
Throughout 2019: €150.00 per night, paid locally
Throughout 2018: €15.00 per person per booking (minimum €490.00), paid locally
Throughout 2019: €17.00 per person per booking (minimum €550.00), paid locally
Bed linen (including towels)
Throughout 2018: €10.00 per person per booking, paid locally
Throughout 2019: €12.00 per person per booking, paid locally
About this house
- Agent quality rating: four stars
- Year built: 1871
- Year modernised: 2015
- Holiday home (internal area 1500 m2)
- House constructed from brick or stone
- Pets allowed (up to 2)
Show all 6 facts Show less
- Outdoor swimming pool (15 m2)
- A sauna
- Billiards and table tennis
- 1 TV
- Satellite, German channels
- Radio and CD player
- 1 DVD player
- Wireless internet
Show all 8 facilities Show less
This house has 17 bedrooms:
- Bedroom no. 1: 1 double bed
- Bedroom no. 2: 1 double bed
- Bedroom no. 3: 1 double bed
- Bedroom no. 4: 1 double bed
- Bedroom no. 5: 1 double bed
- Bedroom no. 6: 1 double bed
- Bedroom no. 7: 1 double bed
- Bedroom no. 8: 1 double bed
- Bedroom no. 9: 1 double bed
- Bedroom no. 10: 1 double bed
- Bedroom no. 11: 1 double bed
- Bedroom no. 12: 1 double bed
- Bedroom no. 13: 1 double bed
- Bedroom no. 14: 2 single beds
- Bedroom no. 15: 1 double bed, 1 single bed
- Bedroom no. 16: 2 bunk beds, 1 double bed
- Bedroom no. 17: 1 single bed
Show all 17 bedrooms Show less
- Toilet no. 1: toilet with hot and cold water
- Toilet no. 2: toilet with hot and cold water
- Toilet no. 3: toilet with hot and cold water
- Toilet no. 4: toilet with hot and cold water
- Toilet no. 5: toilet with hot and cold water
- Bathroom no. 1: shower, toilet with hot and cold water
- Bathroom no. 2: shower, toilet with hot and cold water
- Bathroom no. 3: shower, toilet with hot and cold water
- Bathroom no. 4: shower, toilet with hot and cold water
- Bathroom no. 5: shower, toilet with hot and cold water
- Bathroom no. 6: shower, toilet with hot and cold water
- Bathroom no. 7: shower, toilet with hot and cold water
- Bathroom no. 8: shower, toilet with hot and cold water
- Bathroom no. 9: shower, toilet with hot and cold water
- Bathroom no. 10: shower, toilet with hot and cold water
- Bathroom no. 11: shower, toilet with hot and cold water
- Bathroom no. 12: shower, toilet with hot and cold water
- Bathroom no. 13: shower and bath, toilet with hot and cold water
- Bathroom no. 14: shower
Show all 19 bathrooms Show less
- Kitchen: hot and cold water
- Electric cooker
- Cooker hood
- Coffee machine
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
Show all 10 amenities Show less
- Well insulated for all year round protection
- Central heating
- A garden (external area 15000 m2)
- Some garden furniture outside
- Parking on the site (space for 10 cars)
- A barbecue
- Pool available from May to October
- Some garden furniture outside
Show all 8 features Show less
Frequently asked questions
When do I receive directions to the house and key collection information?
Directions and details on how to collect the keys will be emailed to you after you have paid for the booking in full. You will receive full details about your booking including directions to the property and a booking voucher that you need to hand over to the property manager when you receive the keys. In some instances you may need to collect the keys from the property manager’s office or some other location which is not the actual property you have booked to stay in. Please note that the agent provides us with the GPS co-ordinates in the travel directions and we communicate these to you; you should contact the property manager if these are unclear.
Bed sizes / bedrooms
The exact dimensions will vary from property to property but the agent has specified that bed sizes are as follows:
- A single bed is typically 70cm to 85 cm wide and 180cm to 190cm deep.
- A double bed is typically 140cm to 180cm wide and 180cm to 190cm deep.
- A “grand lit” is a European double bed, suitable for couples, and can be smaller than the usual UK or American doubles. It is typically 130cm wide but in some instances may be wider; it is approximately 180cm to 190cm deep.
A bunk bed is two single beds, one on top of another. Some properties also have pull-out beds, sofa beds and/or bed chairs; in a few properties the bed can be low in a wooden frame on the floor. The beds often have terry cloth sheet mattress protectors to protect the mattresses; please use them with the bed linen.
Some properties may have a loft as a bedroom: this is usually an open room at the top of the house with sloping walls and mattresses on a low bed or on the floor itself. You need to climb a ladder to reach this room. Lofts are very popular with children but may not be suitable for adults or elderly guests.
If a property has an annexe then it will typically be a building attached to the main property or a small self-contained building. Annexes often have no central heating.
Please note that bedrooms in holiday rentals are usually not that large; you should refer to the floor plan to get a sense of size.
Quality rating: four stars. The agent rates this as a well-equipped holiday property with good furniture and a higher than normal specification.
What do you mean by prepayment of consumption cost for electricity, gas, water etc.?
You will be charged for the amount of electricity, water, gas and other utilities that you use – the local agent will perform the relevant meter readings upon your arrival and when you depart. However you will need to prepay a deposit of €50.00 per night on arrival. If your usage costs less than the amount you have prepaid then you will get a refund when you depart; however if you have used more than you have prepaid then you will be asked to pay the balance.
Do I need to do anything to arrange any pre-booked optional extras?
If you select any optional extras as part of your booking then you will need to confirm details with the local property manager after the booking has been fully paid. You will receive the property manager’s contact details (phone number and/or email address) after you have paid for the booking and you should contact him or her to confirm details. If you cannot get hold of the property manager then please contact the Clickstay support team for further assistance.
Please note: you do not need to contact the property manager about any compulsory extras such as final cleaning (i.e. cleaning upon departure).
Preferred Partner From Virum, Denmark Member since Dec 2016
This house is managed by Novasol, an established travel agent that was founded over 40 years ago. We've been working with them since December 2016 and have had 415 bookings with them.
Past bookings: 415 bookings
Response rate: 83%
Response time: within 10 hours
Number of properties: over 1,000
We are a property management company based in Copenhagen, Denmark. We offer self-catering properties throughout Europe including beautiful holiday homes near the sea, rustic country cottages in stunning surroundings, villas with private pools and many apartments close to a number of European cities.