Villa with 1 bedroom and 1 bathroom in Varennes-sur-Loire, France
From £1,236 per week
Villa to rent in Varennes-sur-Loire, France
Maison Pierre-Louis is an elegant and richly appointed home emphasizing comfort, quiet and luxury.
Share this holiday home
Villa overview - owner's description
Maison Pierre-Louis is an elegant and richly appointed home emphasizing comfort, quiet and luxury, with a team of passionate caterers who are specialists in providing personalised dining experiences.
This 15th Century home is rich in an old world rustic charm, with many unspoilt period features, including the grand stone fireplace, Persian rugs, ornate chandeliers and a treasure trove of antique furniture and artworks. This mansion is a place to come together and appreciate the simple joys that we leave behind in our fast paced modern lives. Sing together round the baby grand piano, relax with a good read in the vast library, or take a stroll on the 52 private acres of gorgeous Loire countryside.
Start each day of your stay with breakfast at sunrise on the large West terrrace, and close with cocktails and dinner on the East lawn on a warm summers eve. Maison Pierre-Louis is less than a kilometer from the nearby village of Varennes-sur-Loire with its bakery, mini superette, bar and tobac/newstand. The kitchen has been set up by a Bruce, a New York chef who is available to prepare dinners when you simply wish to relax.
Maison Pierre-Louis has 3 doors leading outside. The west leads from the kitchen and entranceway onto a large stone terrace overlooking the courtyard and Manoir.
The living room / salon has a west facing door also. Off of the dining room, to the east, one goes out onto the grass lawn, overlooking acres and acres of private estate. Dining on both sides of the home.
Highlights of the interior include:
- THE KITCHEN is large and beautifully equipped with large refrigerator, 4 burner stove (gas), electric oven, micro wave, toaster oven, tea kettle, coffee maker, toaster, blender, dishwasher, instant hot water and washing machine. THE
- ENTRANCE WAY is wonderful for reading with it's own library, open windows and comfortable seating.
- THE DINING ROOM is large and rich in decoration with antiques and Chinese rugs. Windows facing east and west.
- THE SALON with it's enormous 15th century working fireplace (with wood for burning in the cool months at no extra charge), with it's selection of thousands of books, wonderful music selection and large selection of CDs. The baby grand piano is well tuned too.
- THE LARGE ENSUITE BEDROOM is appointed with a large armoire, plenty of hangers, reading lamps, beautiful oil paintings and of course an extremely comfortable new bed. 4 pillows and lovely linen. THE BATHROOM actually has a large shower, no bath, but has pedestal sink and toilet, lovely soaps, hairdryer, good lighting and thick towels and plenty of them. The home is warm in the winter and cool in the summer.
- OUTSIDE FACILITIES
There is anew BBQ, for briquettes, not gas. We have all necessary tools to cook up a dream BBQ also. We supply, free of charge, briquettes and fire starters.
Maison-Pierre Louis is located 12km east of Saumur in the Loire Valley and only 1km from the Loire River.
Saumur with it's train station ( 1 1/2 hours from Paris) and lovely restaurants is located directly between Tours and Angers (both 1 hr by car) and is in the heart of the Loire Valley Chateau region. Many world famous chateau are found only minutes from this property.
The immediate region offers fishing, golfing, boat cruises on the Loire, summer Opera and theatre, not to mention the world famous Equestrian Cadre Noire. And, for those quiet moments on the country side, guests have use of lovely bicycles, for your pleasure, at no charge.
The owners are on the grounds to offer help in exploring the region or making reservations at our prime choice of restaurants
Maison Pierre-Louis is a 2 hour drive from Paris airports.
Maison Pierre-Louis has a kitchen set up for serious chefs. Whether preparing meals inside or on the BBQ, on the west terrace or east lawn, or in the magnificent dining room, eating together with friends and family is a lovely experience here.
For the evenings, if you wish to have meals prepared for you and served to you, staff are available. Bruce is an experienced New York chef with an international repertoire and focus on traditional French cuisine. Steven prepares mouth watering desserts. Wines from the region are served and mouth watering exquisite American Cocktails can be ordered.
A divine choice of meal selections are on offer, depending upon availability of fresh foods and time of year. We charge differently for different menu selections but the average 4 course meal is around 40 euros per person, wines included. Special attention can be put on special diets. Bruce's cuisine is absolutely delicious and far from nouvelle.
This villa does not have any reviews but the agent has 10 reviews for their other properties.
This villa is:
Prices and availability
Updated 3 February 2019
- Your booking
- Available start/end date
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 21 February - 26 April 2019: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 27 April - 27 September 2019: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 28 September 2019 - 24 April 2020: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 25 April - 25 September 2020: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 26 September 2020 - 3 February 2022: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£870.95 per booking, paid locally
1 bedroom, Sleeps 2
DVD/Blu-ray player, Internet / WiFi
Central heating, Open fire