Villa with 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and private pool in Valeuil, France
Booking cost: £0.00
Pay onlybooking deposit
From £1,226 per week
Villa to rent in Valeuil, France
Villa overview - owner's description
Groups with children will adore this rustic and rather quirky country villa in the Dordogne. There is plenty of outdoor space and the salt water swimming pool is in an enclosed courtyard.
Groups with children will adore this rustic and rather quirky country villa in the Dordogne. There is plenty of outdoor space and the salt water swimming pool is in an enclosed courtyard. Three of the four bedrooms are set up family style, with a both a double and a twin bed. You'll be charmed by the original details - worn wooden beams overhead, antique fireplace facades, and gorgeous stone terrace.
This family villa's outdoor kitchen is a boon if you venture to one of the local markets! Sunday is market day in the nearest village, Bourdeilles (4 km), where you'll find fine cheese, local produce, and foie gras. Farther south is Perigueux (20 km), where there's a larger market and a bustling town.
This region is also an educational opportunity. Perigueux is home to the Perigord Museum of Art and Archeology, and Gallo-Roman ruins. Another nearby city worth a visit is Brantome (7 km), where the Dronne river runs beside stunning gardens and architecture - rent a canoe and paddle past the Benedictine Abbey, chateaux, and fortresses nearly 800 years old. From this villa, the Dordogne's history is at your doorstep.
- Kitchen accessing the pool area behind
- Sitting room
- 1 'family' bedroom with a double and a single bed
- Shower room with WC
- 1 'family' bedroom with a double and a single bed (stairs from kitchen)
- Twin bedroom (stairs from sitting room)
- 1 family' bedroom with a double and a single bed and ensuite bathroom with separate shower stall and WC (stairs from sitting room)
- Saltwater swimming pool with Roman steps (size: 10 x 5 m / depth: 1 m - 1.8 m) and alarm system
- Poolside shower room with WC
- Stone-walled Pool area
- Covered terrace
- Barbecue area
- Separate private garden area with fruit trees and benches
Internet broadband access
- Satellite TV
- DVD player
- Cot & High chair
- Table tennis
- Washing machine
- Electric oven
- Gas hob
The villa is located at 4 km from Bourdeilles, one of the most well-known villages in Dordogne. Its Feudal Fortress XIIC and Rennaissance palace XVIC are certainly worth a visit as are its local shops and markets. On-site activities include tennis, canoeing and horse riding.
Brantome (7km) is a stunning town reminiscent of Venice. The abbey is a highlight, with boat trips and canoeing amongst the favourite activities here.
Perigueux, famous for its amazing golf courses, is also easily accessible.
Local Activities and Amenities
- Public tennis court: Bourdeilles
- Golf: Marsac sur Lisle, Perigueux (24k's) (Tel : )
Canoe/kayak : Brantome Canoes, Rte. de Thiviers, Brantome. (Tel : )
Watersports : Canoes Bourdeilles Loisirs 8Tel : ); Les Canoes du Moulin, Lisle (Tel : ); Lac de Jemaye, St. Andre de Double (43k's approx.) Pedaloes, canoe, quad bike etc.
- Beach: Lac de Jemaye or along the River Dronne
- Fishing along the River Dronne, permits can be bought from bars and shops in the area
- VTT/bicycle hire: Cycles Spad'Zone, Brantome. Tel :
- Horse riding: Ferme Equestre de Naudonnet, Bourdeilles (3k's approx)
- Local produce market: Lisle (Tuesday), Brantome (Friday and Sunday), Thiviers (Saturdy), Tocane St. Apre (Saturday).
- Restaurants: Auberge de la Truffe, Sorges (Tel : ); Les Freres Charbonnel, Brantome (Tel : ); Hostellerie le Donjon, Bourdeilles (Tel : )
- Pharmacy: Brantome (Tel : )
- Doctor: Berecos, Constantin (Tel : )
- Bank: Brantome
- Cash machine: Brantome
-Tourist information: Brantome (Tel : ) and Perigueux (Tel : )
-Bourdeilles: Feudal Fortress XIIC and Rennaissance palace XVIC side by side, majestic! Tel :
- Villars (20k's approx): Chateau Puyguilhem XVIC, early Rennaissance and Les Grottes de Villars
- Brantome (7k's): Benedictine Abbey, troglodytical caves, and famous for its restaurants
- Perigueux (24k's) Two thousand years of history and lots of shopping!
- Public Gardens to visit : Les Jardins de l'Imaginaire, Terrasson;
Les Jardins de l'au-dela, Brantome; Jardins de l'abbaye, Brantome (Free visit)
Jardin du Chateau de Mellet, Neuvic sur l'Isle; Jardins du Chateau de Hautefort, Hautefort;Jardin du Chateau de Jumilhac, Jumilhac le Grand; Jardin du l'Institut du Tabac, Bergerac.
- Night life: 'Le Village', Chateau l'Eveque (between Brantome and Perigueux)
This villa does not have any reviews but the agent has 2 reviews for their other properties.
This villa is:
Outside this villa in Valeuil, FranceThis villa has a pool.
Prices and availability
Updated 11 December 2017
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 11 December 2017 - 31 August 2024: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£882.02 per booking, paid locally
4 bedrooms, Sleeps 10
DVD/Blu-ray player, TV, Satellite / cable
Car hire optional