Beaumont Holiday Cottage
Cottage with 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and private pool in Teyjat, France
Booking cost: £0.00
Pay onlybooking deposit
From £679 per week
Cottage to rent in Teyjat, France
A lovely old house, full of character and original features with all modern amenities. A terrace for al-fresco dining, a delightful garden within a 2 acre parkland and a 5 x10 swimming pool.
Share this holiday home
Cottage overview - owner's description
The owners George and Audrey live in their house adjacent to Beaumont Holiday cottage after retiring from full time work as a teacher and a midwife.
Pool and site maintenance together with our love of working on the land will keep us busy and also be at hand for our guests if necessary.
Love at first sight would describe our first and only viewing of this property. The property has space, a majestic swimming pool with impressive views all around. The setting is near Teyjat in a really beautiful area of quiet countryside in the north of the Dordogne region but within easy reach of lots of interesting places to go and things to do. Nearby there are bars and restaurants, interesting markets, picturesque villages and the town of Nontron is only 20 minutes away. Brantome some 40 mins away has been dubbed as the Venice of Perigord, surrounded by water and an impressive abbey. The exciting cities of Angouleme, Limoges and Perigueux are all within an hours drive of Teyjat.
FRENCH HOLIDAY GITE
• Beautiful 300 year old farmhouse
• Set in 2 acres of parkland with idyllic views
• Property accommodates 6 or 8 people (plus cot)
• Large terrace for alfreso dining and BBQ area with gas BBQ
• Fully equipped modern kitchen. Self catering
• English TV & DVD and WiFi
• All linen and towels provided (not pool towels)
• Heated (when necessary) private pool (5m by 10m)
with large pool terrace and sunloungers
• Outside games available: Petanque, Badminton,
• Gite has own large private garden with your own parking space
Internal description of Beaumont Holiday Cottage:
Converted farmhouse full of charm and laden with character (beams galore!)
• 3 large double bedrooms one ensuite
• WC and shower
• Large upstairs reading/relaxation area (snug) with bookcase and chaise longue
• Comfortable lounge with TV, DVD player and (Wifi access)
• Modern, well equipped kitchen (Fridge/Freezer,Washing machine, Dishwasher, Gas/electric oven, large dining table set for six)
Exterior description of Beaumont Holiday Cottage:
• Large shaded terrace area accommodating alfresco dining table with barbeque area
• Large garden with garden table and chairs
• 2 acres of visually pleasant parkland
• 50 m2 pool with stunning rural views
• Games area for Badminton, Volley ball
• Boules pitch boules provided (learn to play petanque on a proper pitch!)
• Beaumont Holiday Cottage has its own private garden and terrace
• Innumerable local footpaths
• Go karting on your doorstep
• We are situated in a quiet hamlet a kilometre from the small village of Teyjat and 4km from Javerhlac, a small town
Extra 2 people can be accommodated in separate bedroom, in owners house with own toilet and shower (not ensuite but for your own exclusive use) We cannot accept 2 people separately only as part of main party of 6 in Beaumont Holiday cottage next door.
This cottage has 3 verified reviews.
3 out of 3 people recommend staying here
The gite was everything we expected, a good site for our family of 4 and situated in a beautiful area of France. George and Audrey were great hosts, warm and friendly and always there to lend a hand and give advice on where to visit and eat. They also had a vast array of pamphlets and books on areas of interest, so no need to buy a local guide book. The pool was very well looked after and the water was always beautifully clear, which we all took full advantage of. During our stay we visited some local markets the best of which was the market in Piegut on Tuesdays. Brantome was a lovely place to visit and we even tried canoeing on the river which surrounds most of the town on a 12Km adventure. I would also recommend restaurants away from Brantome as the prices seem to be about 30% more expensive then around the smaller villages, one being called The Mill, a Michelin star restaurant which sold a 3 course evening meal for 32Euros. I would recommend this gite to anyone wanting a quiet area within the Dordogne. Thank you for a great holiday.
Audrey and George are wonderful caring hosts. Ensuring that we had everything we required, giving us good local information but never intruding.
A delightful and comfortable house with excellent facilities and space. We spent two weeks gradually relaxing into a chilled out stupour. Heaven! The swimming pool and grounds are fabulous. Do not be put off by the location close to the go-karting circuit. This does not disturb you to any extent and is actually great fun to visit.
The rural area is beautiful, laid back and very French. Unlike some areas of the Perigord you dont think your in a part of little Britain surrounded by expats. Great markets to visit at nearby towns, as well as festivals in local villages, also close enough to some fabulous medieval towns, castles and prehistoric caves.
(If there was a single negative it would be that there were a lot of flies that collected around the outside dining table. In hindsight I think it might be worth thinking about creating a second position on the houses lawned area where there is still plenty of shade and seems to attract less flies.)
Certainly an area and house we will seriously consider returning to. Thank you for a great holiday. Chris, Helen, Courtney & Sophie.
2 other reviews
1 - 2 of 2
This cottage is:
Sights and attractions
Outside this cottage in Teyjat, FranceThis cottage is in the countryside and in a quiet area. It has a pool, a barbecue, outside lighting and a garden. Car hire is necessary as the renter will need a car to get about for shopping, eating out and the beach; however parking is available if required.
Prices and availability
Updated 12 March 2018
- Your booking
- Available start/end date
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 22 July - 31 August 2018: changeover day is Saturday, bookings must be for whole weeks only and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 1 September - 29 September 2018: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 19 May - 1 June 2019: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 2 June - 31 August 2019: changeover day is Saturday, bookings must be for whole weeks only and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 1 September - 29 September 2019: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 19 May - 1 June 2020: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 2 June - 31 August 2020: changeover day is Saturday, bookings must be for whole weeks only and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 1 September - 29 September 2020: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 19 May - 1 June 2021: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
3 bedrooms, Sleeps 6:
- 1 double bed and en suite
- 1 double bed
- 2 single beds
There is also 1 cot
2 bathrooms including 1 en suite, 1 Separate WC
Private pool with electric heating, Size 5m x 10m
Internet / WiFi, TV Languages in English
Living area seats 6, Dining area seats 6, Clothes drier, Iron / board, Towels / linen, Washing machine, Car hire essential
Cooker, Crockery, Cutlery, Dishwasher, Fridge, Freezer, Glassware, Kettle, Microwave, Oven, Pots / pans, Toaster
Barbecue, Outside lighting, Parking, Private garden
Children, Hen or stag groups, Infants, Single gender groups
Boules (petanque) court and Badminton are available for guests
Private Owner From Telford, United Kingdom Member since Feb 2012
George retired in April 2012 from running a Kumon centre in the North West, offering an after school Maths and English programme for 6 years and prior to that was a secondary school teacher and college lecturer.
Audrey was a midwife and she also ran the Kumon franchise with George.
Past bookings: 13 bookings
Response rate: 100%
Response time: within 39 minutes
Last logged in: a month ago
Number of properties: 1