Chateau with 6 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms and private pool in Targon, France
Booking cost: £0.00
Pay onlybooking deposit
From £3,260 per week
Chateau to rent in Targon, France
Experience modern comfort in an 18th century castle at Chateau Levet, a luxury chateau in Aquitaine. Nestled in the hills of the Entre Deux Mers vineyards.
Share this holiday home
Chateau overview - owner's description
Experience modern comfort in an 18th century castle at Chateau Levet, a luxury chateau in Aquitaine. Nestled in the hills of the Entre Deux Mers vineyards, the grounds include terraces perfect for relaxation and a large pool with roman steps. Swim under the trees, then play petanque outside or billiards in the games room.
The chateau's contemporary and warm interior includes both antique and modern furniture. The six bedrooms, many en-suite, are spacious and offer splendid views of the green surroundings. You'll find a flat-screen TV and a small library in the sitting room, and you have your choice of three dining areas: light and airy with garden views in the orangery, intimate and warm in the stone-walled dining room with fireplace or al fresco on the terrace.
This holiday chateau, just outside the picturesque village of Arbis, is a great setting for exploring the Gironde. With 12 bicycles and an on-site concierge available, you can find the cycling tour perfect for you. Since you're only 45 km from the centre of Bordeaux, you must try the local wines at the chateaux of Saint-Emilion or Sauternes, both a half-hour drive.
Chateau Levet is only 45 km from the Bordeaux airport.
Good news! For a little extra, this property is available as a Vill'otelYey! Wait… what is that?
It's the perfect combo of the privacy of your own personal villa, with all the luxury and convenience of a hotel. What's included?
Breakfast, cleaning, welcome drinks and hamper, plus more! Check the Extras tab for all the details.
17th Century Section
- Kitchen (49m2) and separate pantry and laundry room, well equipped including gas cooker, fridge, microwave, dishwasher, washing machine and dryer plus kitchen table for up to five guests
- Characterful dining room (42m2) with fire-place and dining table for up to twelve guests
- Stairs leading to four bedrooms on the first floor:
- The Orange Room (26m2) with splendid views over the forest. It has a very comfortable double bed with a private en suite bath/shower room and separate WC
- The Red Room (42m2) with great views over the vineyards and consists of a comfortable bed, a shower room and a separate WC
- The White Room (37m2) with exceptional views of the vineyards and Chateau Benauge. It consists of a comfortable double bed and bath/shower room with separate WC
- The Green Room (23m2) with phenomenal views of the forest. It consists of a comfortable double bed, a private and quaint two-level en suite shower room and separate WC
18th Century Section
- Orangerie (40m2), overlooking garden, with dining table for up to twelve guests
- Living room (36m2) with TV room (21m2) and small library
- The Pink Suite, on the first floor with two bedrooms and stunning views of the park. One room (17m2) has a comfortable bed, the other room (18m2, separated by a door) has two single beds but can be changed to a double. Shower room, double sink and WC
- Games room (29m2) with Billiard table
NB there are some parts of the Chateau which are not accessible to guests. This includes the piano room, all technical rooms, ‘La Cave', garage, attic, barn and part of the ‘Left-Wing' and other private spaces. This said, the rest of the Chateau is very spacious with ample room for all guests.
- Swimming pool (depth: approx. 1m20 to 2m20) open May to October, secured via a fence and gate
- High quality poolside furnishings
- Al-fresco dining area
- Parking (on driveway outside the main gate only)
- Large grounds (including small pond near entrance)
- Wi-Fi (only in some parts of Chateau, please note intermittent coverage)
- TV (French channels)
- I-Pod docking station (on request)
- Bike rental (payable locally)
- Board Games
Chateau Levet is nestled in the hills in between the vineyards of ‘Entre-Deux-Mers' in green surroundings, just outside the picturesque village of Arbis. The chateau is within 30 miles from the city center of Bordeaux - and only 14 miles away from Saint Emillion.
Arbis is in the county of Gironde (Aquitaine region), located about 45km from the centre of Bordeaux with magnificent and breathtaking views. There are many activities you can partake in within the local area, and the friendly owners are more than happy to help you organise bicycle trips using one of the 12 bikes available for guests to rent, wine tasting excursions, city trips and golf outings.
While staying at Chateau Levet they also recommend:
- Visits to the Chateaux of Saint-Emilion: world famous wine destination, and an equally picturesque and pleasant town to visit.
- Visits to the Chateaux of Sauterne.
- Cultural visits to the Chateaux of Cadillac at a distance of 9km.
- "L'Abbeye de la Sauve-Majeure" at a distance of 14km.
- Sauveterre-de-Guyenne at a distance of 15km.
- Libourne at 39km distance.- La Reole at 29km distance.
- Laromet lake for natural beauty and fishing
Kids will love a nearby adventure park near Cadillac, canoeing in the river in Cudos (24km) or horse-riding nearby in Camiac (17km) or Saint-Antoine-du-Queyret.
This chateau does not have any reviews but the agent has 2 reviews for their other properties.
This chateau is:
Outside this chateau in Targon, FranceThis chateau has a pool and a children pool.
Prices and availability
Updated 7 July 2018
- Your booking
- Available start/end date
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 17 July - 31 August 2018: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 1 September 2018 - 28 June 2019: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 29 June - 30 August 2019: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 31 August 2019 - 28 September 2024: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 3 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£886.41 per booking, paid locally
6 bedrooms, Sleeps 12
Internet / WiFi, TV, Satellite / cable
Central heating, Open fire