Chateau Flacelliere Pavilion
Chateau with 6 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms and shared pool in the South of France, France
Booking cost: £0.00
From £1,526 per week
Chateau to rent in the South of France, France
Chateau overview - owner's description
Set within verdant Pays du Bocage hillsides near the timeless village of La Flocelliere.
Set within verdant Pays du Bocage hillsides near the timeless village of La Flocelliere, this chateau in Vendee is an independent wing of an enchanting medieval castle and dates back to the time of Louis XIII. Though a wonderful family holiday retreat, it also makes for a truly a spellbinding wedding venue.
Blending modern day comforts with old-world features, the Chateau Flacelliere Pavilion provides six elegantly designed bedroom suites across two floors, including special accommodations in a converted 17th century defense tower, and an impressive king suite with a separate entrance and kitchenette.
Among such an extravagant setting, guests will still feel at home in the cozy living space beside the ancient stone fireplace and while enjoying meals made in the open, modern kitchen in the traditional dining room opening to the terrace.
With 15 hectares of parkland, gorgeous French gardens surrounded by ancient castle ruins, and a luxurious pool within the vast estate, a stay at this French chateau is sure to captivate. If hosting a large-scale wedding, consider renting the second castle wing, Chateau Flacelliere Keep in tandem with the Pavilion. Also, be sure to visit the famous Puy du Fuy theme park - it's just 8km away.
The owners live in the main part of the castle and they rent 2 historical wings of the large castle: the XVIIth century Chateau Flacelliere Keep and (or) the medieval Chateau Flacelliere Pavillion. Each house has its independent entrance, a private garden or terrace. Please contact us for further details.
Note: advertised prices are based for up to 12 guests. The Pavilion sleeps up to 16 guests in extra beds in the bedrooms at a surcharge of €80 per person per week.
- Entry hall
- Large dining room with a table for 12 to 15 guests located in the corner tower and opening up into a terrace. This room stands out for its canoniere, an opening in the thick walls dating back to the 15th century which was used for defense purposes.
- Well equipped American Style open plan kitchen
- Laundry room
- Guest toilet with sink
-Magnificent living room located in the corner tower featuring wood beams and an ancient stone fireplace.
- Five elegant bedrooms and three bathrooms:
Alcove: double bed (160cm x 200cm), sofa, shower and adjoining WC
Charette: double bed (160cm x 190cm), a sofa bed and sink - bathroom is shared with Alcove
Rose: double bed (160cm x 200cm) with en suite bathroom
Trianon: small room with a French bed (140cm) - bathroom is shared with Rose
Le Figuier: sleeps 2 with shower and WC (extra beds can be requested - surcharges apply)
Logis ST Michel (45m2 apartment with separate entrance) - ground floor
- 1 king size bed (200x200cm)
- 1 sofa which can be transformed into 2 single quality beds.
- En suite Italian bathroom with shower and WC
- Mini kitchen area
- 3 windows with stunning views over the hills and the vegetable garden.
Top quality bedding, blankets and sheets
- Free WIFI
- Dishwasher, large professional oven, refrigerator, microwave, expresso coffee machine, tea kettle, etc.
- Separate laundry room with washing machine and dryer
- Central heating
- Wood for the fireplace
- Baby cot
- High chair
- Pool security gate
There is a village close by where you will find a bakery, chemistry and supermarket (open every day till 7.30 p.m and on Sunday morning).
There is a tennis court in the village which is within walking distance. There are excellent golf courses and horse riding possibilities within 15-25 minutes from the castle.
If you wish to try local restaurants, we recommend going to la Bergeliere in la Flocelliere at 5 minutes' walk (menus from 20 euros per person), to Les 3 Piliers (5 km) or Auberge du Mont Mercure (2km).
On your request we can arrange grocery delivery directly at the chateau!
If you wish to rent bikes, send an email to in English, give them a call at or visit their website:
Did you book tickets for the famous puy du fou? situated at 8 km? It is a must and we can help you get the ticklets for the night show.
Nantes International airport is 70km away. Trips to the famous Loire chateaux and vineyards are also possible
Swimming pool : The swimming pool (14m x 6m) shared with other guests. The swimming pool is not available for small children. They must be under full parental control and responsibility.The heated pool is open from June to September from 9 am to 7 pm.
- The client will be asked to provide a credit card at the time of arrival
- The castle declines any responsibility for accidents occurring to the guests during their stay.
- We request peace and quiet in front of other guests at any time.
- Any damage will be subject to a repair or replacement.
- The chateau reserves the right to charge the client's credit card with any unpaid charges discovered after the client has checked out.
This chateau does not have any reviews.
This chateau is:
Outside this chateau in the South of France, FranceThis chateau has a shared pool and a children pool.
Prices and availability
Updated 29 April 2017
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 1 April - 31 July 2017: the minimum stay is 2 nights.
- 1 August - 31 August 2017: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 1 September 2017 - 4 January 2019: the minimum stay is 2 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£841.68 per booking, paid locally
6 bedrooms, Sleeps 16
DVD/Blu-ray player, Internet / WiFi, TV, Satellite / cable
Central heating, Open fire, Car hire optional
Hen or stag groups