Chateau De Gombert
Chateau with 5 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms and swimming pool in Souillac, the South of France
Booking cost: £0.00
Pay onlybooking deposit
From £4,642 per week
Chateau to rent in Souillac, the South of France
Chateau overview - owner's description
On a cliff overlooking the Dordogne River, the Chateau de Gombert, a 14th century castle in the Midi-Pyrenees, combines luxury living and French tradition.
On a cliff overlooking the Dordogne River, the Chateau de Gombert, a 14th century castle in the Midi-Pyrenees, combines luxury living and French tradition. Dine on a stone terrace whose archways have breathtaking views, and swim in a pool on 5 hectares of wooded grounds.
The chateau's renovated interior includes the original stone walls but all the comforts you need. The bedrooms feature en-suite bathrooms, which allow families travelling together to have private space. The living room has an impressive stone fireplace, and the fully equipped kitchen is ready for your culinary creations. If you'd prefer to relax, daily housekeeping and breakfast service is available.
At this French luxury villa, you're near the best of the Dordogne and Lot areas. The town of Souillac (8 km) has the shops you need, as well as a charming museum of automated toys. For a longer trip, visit Sarlat-le-Caneda (29 km), a market town ideal for foodies, or Rocamadour (16 km), a pilgrimage town with stunning cliff-side views. Not in the mood to travel? There's a Michelin star restaurant just 2 km away.
The Chateau de Gombert is near Brive (35 km), Limoges (130 km) and Toulouse (160 km) airports.
Villa Interior (4 bedrooms + 1 self-contained apartment)
- Bedroom 1 with double/twin beds with TV, en-suite bathroom and separate WC. Patio doors opening up onto the garden.
- Bedroom 2 with double/twin beds, sitting area with double sofa bed, TV and DVD player, air conditioning, en-suite bathroom and WC. Balcony with river views.
- Living room decorated in warm, subtle Quercy saffron tones with stone fireplace, sunken seating area and guest WC. Doors to the terrace with country views.
- Dining room TV, DVD and CD players. River views.
- Fully equipped kitchen and additional dining area. Door to terrace overlooking the small hamlet.
Second Floor :
- Bedroom 3 with double/twin beds, air conditioning, en-suite bathroom and separate WC.
- Bedroom 4 with double/twin bedroom, seating area with sofa bed for two children, air-conditioning, TV, en-suite bathroom and separate WC. Stunning views over the river and the pigeonnier.
- Self-contained apartment with 1 double/twin bedroom, separate living room with double sofa bed, TV and air-conditioning. Bathroom and separate WC.
The terraced gardens include a private swimming pool with overflow and 5 hectares of forest.
The nearest airports to the chateau are Brive (35 km), Limoges (130km) and Toulouse (160km). The nearest town is Souillac (8km). A Michelin starred restaurant is available just 2km away in La Treyne.
The chateau is surrounded by 120 hectares of a private forest where you will find a variety of maturing oaks of the Causses of Quercy, truffle-oaks, hornbeams and boxwoods.
The chateau is close to the centre of the Perigord and Quercy, 29km from Sarlat & 34km from Padirac.
The Oliver's Concierge Team is available to help you arrange any of those little extras that can really make the difference. For example:
- Maid service/extra cleaning
- Private chef/cook/catering
- Welcome hamper/pre-stocked fridge
- Local day-trips or tours
- Airport transfers
- Babysitting/childcare services
Simply fill in the concierge request form or contact the Oliver's Concierge Team.
Please note that all services are subject to availability and must be requested in advance and that due to some rural/remote locations, not all services will be available at all properties. Prices are on request.
We will always do our best to fulfil your requests!
This chateau does not have any reviews but the agent has 1 review for their other properties.
This chateau is:
Outside this chateau in Souillac, the South of FranceThis chateau has a pool.
Prices and availability
Updated 24 September 2017
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 23 September 2017 - 2 January 2018: the minimum stay is 2 nights.
- 2 January 2018 - 4 January 2025: the minimum stay is 2 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£885.90 per booking, paid locally
5 bedrooms, Sleeps 16
DVD/Blu-ray player, TV, Satellite / cable
Air conditioning, Central heating, Open fire, Car hire optional