Chateau with 11 bedrooms, 6 bathrooms and private pool in Saux, the South of France
Booking cost: £0.00
Pay onlybooking deposit
From £4,080 per week
Chateau to rent in Saux, the South of France
The old bones of this 14th century chateau in Midi-Pyrenees stand proudly on an hectare of green parkland.
Share this holiday home
Chateau overview - owner's description
The old bones of this 14th century chateau in Midi-Pyrenees stand proudly on an hectare of green parkland. With sweeping views over the surrounding territory (known for sunflower and wine production), your guests will commune with this countryside on the edge of the Dordogne. Inside, simple furnishings let the chateau's character shine; stone walls, well-loved brick fireplaces, and mysterious spiral stairs suggest a storied past.
Up to 24 guests can spread out on the grounds here - they'll especially love the swimming pool and barbecue area in the summertime. A separate apartment in the chateau lends extra privacy for a large family - it features its own kitchen and living areas, and a dorm room with 5 twin beds for the kids.
The nearest town to your holiday chateau is Tournon (7 km), a 15th century city sitting beside the Rhone. Wineries are located throughout the town and surrounding region - across the river is Tain l'Hermitage, the birthplace of Syrah. You may fly in through Bergerac (60 km), a hub of wine-related commerce for the Dordogne (and certainly worth a pause on your way to the chateau!)
The chateau is suitable for rental for groups of up to 24 guests (11 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms).
On the ground floor is the living room with grand fireplace, a fully-equipped kitchen, a salon and a TV room. On the first floor there are 5 bedrooms: 3 doubles, a twin and a single. One of the doubles has a connecting living room. There are also 2 bathrooms. On the second floor there are 3 further bedrooms: a double, a triple (with double and single bed) and a twin. There is also a further full bathroom.
The chateau also has a self-contained apartment within it comprising a living room with fireplace, a kitchen, a double bedroom and a dormitory room (with low ceiling) with 5 single beds - ideal for children.
Outside there is a hectare of grounds full of fruit trees with a 14x7m gated swimming pool and a dining terrace with BBQ area.
1. Chambre Fleury: two single beds (90/200 cm).
2. Chambre Blanche: double bed (180/200 cm)
These two rooms (1 and 2) share the bathroom Chatelet
3. Sideroom: sofa bed . Chambre la Reine: double bed (180/200 cm)
5. Chambre Bibliotheque: double bed (1.60/2.00 cm) and two single beds (90/200 cm)
6. Chambre de la Tour (first floor): 2 single beds (2x 90/200 cm and 1x 80/190)
These rooms (3, 4, 5 and 6) share the bathroom Marie-Louise. It is also a possibility that room 3 and 4 uses the bathroom Chatelet or the bathroom downstairs.
7. Chambre Marie-Antoinette: double bed (180/200 cm)
This room (7) uses the bathroom Blue (bathroom ensuite)
8. Chambre de la Tour (second floor): 2 single beds ( 2x 90/200 cm)
9. Chambre Bleu: double bed (160/200 cm) and French bed (120/190).
These rooms (8 and 9) share the bathroom Gerard.
10. Chambre Douve (apartment): double bed (160/200 cm)
11. Dortoir (dormitory): 5x single beds (90/200 cm)
These rooms 10 and 11 share the bathroom Douve
There‘re four child's beds in the castle. They're removable.
The nearest airport is Bergeracc (80 km). Alternatively guests can fly into Toulouse (125km). The nearest towns are Tournon (8km) and Montcuq (15km). Cahors is just 25km away.
Local markets can be found on each day of the week within a reasonable drive of the chateau in all directions. The Sunday market of Montcuq is the best. Tennis facilities are within 3km of the chateau, and an 18-hole golf course can be found just 10km away.
This chateau does not have any reviews but the agent has 2 reviews for their other properties.
This chateau is:
Outside this chateau in Saux, the South of FranceThis chateau has a pool.
Prices and availability
Updated 13 July 2018
- Your booking
- Available start/end date
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 22 July - 30 August 2018: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 31 August 2018 - 28 June 2019: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 29 June - 29 August 2019: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 30 August 2019 - 26 June 2020: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 27 June - 27 August 2020: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 28 August 2020 - 28 August 2025: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£894.07 per booking, paid locally
11 bedrooms, Sleeps 24
DVD/Blu-ray player, Internet / WiFi, TV, Satellite / cable