Chateau De Falloye
Chateau with 7 bedrooms, 6 bathrooms and swimming pool in Saussignac, France
Booking cost: £0.00
Pay onlybooking deposit
From £3,794 per week
Chateau to rent in Saussignac, France
Chateau overview - owner's description
Located on a working vineyard, Chateau de Falloye is perfect for wine lovers seeking a luxury holiday home in the Dordogne. A stay here includes a complimentary wine tasting and daily maid service.
Located on a working vineyard, Chateau de Falloye is perfect for wine lovers seeking a luxury holiday home in the Dordogne. A stay here includes a complimentary wine tasting and daily maid service. You'll enjoy a heated swimming pool near a covered stone terrace with room for dining and a fireplace. This 15th century chateau, whose 7 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms are carefully restored, sleeps 12 guests in spacious comfort.
On about 40 hectares of grounds, surrounded by vines, meadows and woodland, this home is the perfect spot for enjoying France's wildlife. The original fortified walls surround gardens and a private chapel, and you'll find table tennis, bicycles and petanque on site. The bedrooms feature antique furniture, some with four-poster beds, and many have modern en-suite bathrooms.
As you explore the pleasures of southwest France, visit weekly markets in the area, including two in Bergerac. Sampling other nearby wines is a must; you're surrounded by Bergerac wine appellation vineyards, but close enough to the Bordeaux area to compare varieties. Make sure to visit the River Dordogne, perhaps from the seat of a canoe.
Near the small village of Saussignac, this romantic chateau is 20 minutes south of Bergerac International Airport.
The reception rooms are large and offer a formal dining room as well as a drawing room and more relaxed living room. The kitchen is well equipped and there is a large farmhouse table which seats 12. There is also a second kitchen for storage.
The 5 bedrooms on the first floor are spacious and furnished with four poster beds, antique furniture and beautiful soft furnishings. The two bedrooms on the ground floor are smaller and more simple.
In total, there are 7 bedrooms within the main Chateau
- The Master Bedroom (Bedroom 1) has a king-size 4 poster bed with double doors (with railings) overlooking the beautiful garden. There is a private lobby offering access to the tower and its stone spiral stairs, and also to the en-suite which has a bath with shower attachment and glass screen, wash hand basin and WC. There is also a heated towel rail
- Bedroom 2 is another large double room with 4 poster bed. This room overlooks the valley behind the Chateau. There is an en-suite which has a bath with shower attachment and glass screen, pedestal wash hand basin and WC. There is also a heated towel rail. There are French Doors (with railings) overlooking the valley
- Bedroom 3 is a twin bedroom with a window over the valley and door to an en-suite shower-room which has a shower, wash hand basin and WC with heated towel rail
- Bedroom 4 is another twin bedroom with window over the valley and door to an en-suite shower-room with a shower, wash hand basin and WC with heated towel rail
- Bedroom 5 is a large double bedroom with window overlooking the walled garden. There is an en-suite bathroom which has a bath with shower attachment and glass screen, pedestal wash hand basin and WC
- Bedroom 6 is on the ground floor, where there is an annexe which has a further two bedrooms, Bedrooms 6 and 7. The accommodation is slightly less luxurious but still very welcoming and is ideal as a "Granny Annexe" or for a Nanny or Au-pair or even teenage children
- Bedroom 6 has a double bed
- Bedroom 7 has twin beds
- The Bathroom which is shared between Bedroom 6 and 7 has a bath with separate shower over, wash hand basin, and WC.
The chateau and its formal gardens are set within the original fortified walls and this provides a sheltered and very private setting. The long drive passes through the vines and enters through magnificent castle gates.
The swimming pool is conveniently located within the walled garden, and whilst it enjoys fabulous views over the countryside, it offers complete privacy. It is heated, fenced for security and measures 12m by 6m. There are Roman Steps which are ideal for children. In addition, the pool has underwater lighting.
The Chateau also has a family chapel, situated between chateau and swimming pool. This chapel has been renovated to the same high standard as the principal buildings.
The Chateau estate is vast and offers the best of all worlds, there are the formal gardens within the Chateau walls as well as vines, meadow and woodland and a beautiful Lake.
- Sleeps up to 12 plus cots
- 7 bedrooms (6 en-suite)
- Private walled gardens
- Heated swimming pool (12m x 6m)
- Snooker Table
- Table Tennis
- WIFI access
- Satellite TV, DVD player
- Music Centre
- Daily Maid (6 mornings per week)
- Free wine tasting at Chateau vineyard
The Chateau is ideally located in rolling countryside and on the edge of a pretty village with a bar/restaurant and post office. The Chateau is also only 20 minutes south of Bergerac with its International Airport and the river Dordogne and is an ideal gateway to both the Dordogne and the Gironde.
Surrounded by the Bergerac vineyards, you also have the Bordeaux vineyards to the west with St Emilion just a 45 minute drive away. You are also ideally placed to access the historical riverside towns on the Dordogne such as Domme, Roque Gageac and the historical town of Sarlat to the east.
There are daily morning markets throughout the area with Bergerac on Wednesdays and Saturdays, Eymet on Thursdays and Issigeac on Sundays. If you prefer to eat out, the variety of restaurants are immense from local bistro type restaurants who charge 12 euros for a three course meal to La Tour de Vent at Monbazillac which has a Michelin star.
There is karting, bowling, laserplay and an Aqua park all in Bergerac.
There are also Tennis Courts in the local village.
A day out in a canoe, paddling down the Dordogne river, should not be missed.
The Chateau is just 20 minutes from Bergerac making it an easy final destination. Bergerac has its own International Airport. Many airlines fly to Bergerac including Ryanair, Flybe, Jet2 and Twinjet.
The vibrant city of Bordeaux is 1hr 20 minutes away, with a larger International Airport servicing even more UK and Worldwide destinations.
In addition, Toulouse Airport is approximately 1hr 45 mins drive to the south - again a large International Airport.
The TGV station at Libourne connects with Paris.
This chateau does not have any reviews but the agent has 1 review for their other properties.
This chateau is:
Outside this chateau in Saussignac, FranceThis chateau has a pool.
Prices and availability
Updated 20 August 2017
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 22 July 2017 - 3 January 2020: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 4 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£1,000.00 per booking, paid locally
7 bedrooms, Sleeps 12
Internet / WiFi
Car hire optional