Le Prieure Esperance
Villa with 4 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms and private pool in Sainte-Mondane, France
Booking cost: £0.00
Pay onlybooking deposit
From £3,878 per week
Villa to rent in Sainte-Mondane, France
Villa overview - owner's description
Le Prieure Esperance is a 17th century stone Presbytery sitting just above the Dordogne river, neatly restored inside and out to create an overall atmosphere of warmth and peace.
Le Prieure Esperance is a 17th century stone Presbytery sitting just above the Dordogne river, neatly restored inside and out to create an overall atmosphere of warmth and peace. Offering unspoilt views of the French countryside, guests can breakfast under the rising sun on their own private terrace before taking a morning dip in the large heated pool, or strolling amongst the lovingly manicured gardens.
The subtle mix of medieval and oriental inspired soft furnishings and exposed original oak beams and stonework give the interior a unique, yet homely feel that instantly puts visitors at ease. The grand stone fireplace only adds to this effect, as the centre piece of a large modern dining room. All spacious bedrooms are complete with flawless en-suite bathroom facilities.
In the courtyard of the villa there is a private, detached 17th Century chapel (70m2) which is now used as a non-religious multifunctional space. It is heated/air-conditioned and has a "HK Lucas Performer" music system (compatible with media devices, I-phone etc) which allows guests to enjoy their choice of music in high definition and with excellent acoustics.
The chapel is furnished as an elegant dining space with dining table and chairs. Ideal for a blessing, exquisite dining room, private concert and dancing. (Capacity: approximately 30 seated or 60 standing guests).
This is a holiday rental that oozes sophisticated luxury, from the silver dining cutlery to the un-chlorinated salt water pool, yet maintains a quaint rustic charm that is in line with that of the entire Dordogne region.
If you'd rather relax and fully enjoy a catered evening at the villa, two wonderful private chefs are at your disposal as well as a waitress service.
You can even choose whether to eat in the chateau, chapel or al fresco! Enjoy your meal while you settle into this unique venue and start to immerse yourselves into the charming French lifestyle!
Booked in conjunction with 2 lovely adjoining annexes sleeping 2 extra guests each, the total capacity is 12. To top it all, there is also the option of renting out the whole estate, including the neighbouring Maison Esperance: your own little hamlet for parties of up to 22 guests. Visit Le Prieure Esperance Estate for further details.
Please note: advertised prices are for up to 8 guests. Up to 4 additional guests can be accommodated at an extra charge. (See "Facilities" and "T&Cs" tabs for details and prices).
Good news! This property is available as a Vill'otelYey! Wait… what is that?
It's the perfect combo of the privacy of your own personal villa, with all the luxury and convenience of a hotel.
Breakfast, cleaning, welcome drinks and hamper, plus more! Check the Extras tab for all the details.
1) Le Prieure Esperance + Additional 1-Bedroom House and 1-Bedroom Cottage (sleeps 12 in 6 bedrooms / 6 bathrooms)
2) Le Prieure Esperance + Additional 1-Bedroom House (sleeps 10 in 5 bedrooms / 5 bathrooms)
3) Le Prieure Esperance + Additional 1-Bedroom Cottage (sleeps 10 in 5 bedrooms / 5 bathrooms)
4) Le Prieure Esperance (sleeps 8 in 4 bedrooms / 4 bathrooms)
Le Prieure Esperance
The villa can accommodate 8 people. Four bedrooms have been furnished with the utmost taste to create a feeling of well-being and peace.
One of which is a suite with hints of past feuds and two others under timber beams possess charm and tranquility.
The subtle combination of medieval furniture and soft furnishings inspired by the Orient make for a unique and warm atmosphere.
The Living Accommodation
- Dining Room with a grand stone fireplace leading to the lounge with a working open fireplace.
- Four ring induction hob
- Traditional oven, microwave
- Dishwasher and large fridge freezer
- Cutlery and crockery are of silver and porcelain respectively
- Beautiful glasses completes the service to allow guests to entertain in elegant style.
- Summer Kitchen: this principal kitchen is professionally equipped throughout. It has a professional range with four gas jets, oven and accessories. A two ring induction hob, microwave, fridge, ice machine and dishwasher. Ideally positioned for outdoor eating, dining in the chapel and the proximity of the pool.
- Bedroom La Boetie- Air conditioned with 2 x Double Beds 140x190 each which comfortably sleep two adults and TV. The bathroom offers a bath and separate shower.
- Bedroom Montaigne- Air conditioned with Large King Bed 180x190, TV and a bathroom with a large Italian shower.
- Bedroom Mondane- Enjoys a Large King Bed 180x190. and a bathroom with a multi jet shower.
The Fenelon Suite- Air conditioned with an Extra Large Imperial Bed 200x220. separate lounge with TV. Bathroom with a bath and shower cubicle.
Please note that the bedrooms Montaigne and La Boetie have one separate WC to share.
TV: Satellite TV with Netflix and some international channels
- The main lounge is equipped with a 42” plasma screen. The lounge adjoining the Fenelon suite has its own TV as do the Montaigne and La Boetie bedrooms.
- Hifi/DVD: the main lounge is equipped with a home cinema (42" plasma screen and DVD). The chapel has a "HK Lucas Performer" music system (compatible with media devices, I-phone etc) allowing guests to enjoy their choice of music in high definition with excellent acoustics.
- FREE Wi-Fi Access: High Speed Internet access is offered to guests on the computer provided. Guests with laptops can access their mail and the web via the wireless connection.
- Telephone: Guests are able to receive and make local and national calls. Mobile phone reception is good for both GSM and GPRS systems.
- Courtyard: small terrace perfect for breakfast in the morning sun.
The pretty paved courtyard, adorned with a fountain provides access to the swimming pool and chapel.
- Private detached chapel
- Charcoal BBQ and electric plancha
- Utility Room: comprising of a washing machine, tumble dryer, iron and ironing board.
- Salt-water 50m2 heated swimming pool (5m x 10m), secured with railings, two gates and with electric slatted pool cover (treated without the addition of chlorine)
– Garden and Pool terrace with exceptional views over the valley and Le Chateau de Fenelon. Summer evenings, dining poolside under the covered area is an unforgettable experience.
Additional 1 Bedroom House
Supplements apply. See T&C tab.
A homely independent property with breath-taking panoramic views of the French countryside.
- American kitchen with breakfast bar, microwave/oven, dishwasher, small fridge and "Nespresso" coffee machine. (Please note, that there is no washing machine).
- Living room with deluxe sofa, large LCD Satellite TV, Free Wi-Fi access.
- Double bedroom with king size bed (180x190), ensuite bathroom with toilet and Italian shower. «Bow window» opening onto an unbelievably beautiful view of the undulating French countryside and Dordogne river. Small LCD TV with satellite connection, air-condition, free Wi-Fi access.
Small, picturesque private enclosed garden with stunning views, outside dining table and chairs, comfortable seating and charcoal BBQ. Private parking.
Additional 1 Bedroom Cottage
Supplements apply. See T&C tab.
A cosy cottage situated just a few steps away from the main house. Ideal for extra visitors or staff. Fully air-conditioned free Wi-Fi access and private parking available.
- Small entrance with kitchenette
- Bathroom with shower, sink and toilet.
- 1 bedroom with Large King Bed 180x190 and satellite TV.
Set in the idyllic Perigord countryside, this is a tranquil and luxurious retreat in which to relax and enjoy the exceptional surrounding areas bursting with natural, historic and cultural experiences.
For shopping lovers there is a local market to explore every day of the week:
Mondays in Les Eyzies (45 min, April – October), Tuesdays in Brive (45 min), Saturdays in Sarlat (25 min), Thursdays in Saint Julien de Lampon (5 min) and Brive (45 min), Fridays in Souillac (20 min), Saturdays in Sarlat (20 min) and Brive (45 min), Sundays in St Cyprien (1 h), Carsac (15 min – summer only) and Saint Genies (40 min).
The Dordogne is also a great area for outdoor activities such as hiking, cycling, hot-air balooning, fishing, canoeing, horse-riding, adventure and water parks, just to mention a few.
Castles, caves, gardens and medieval towns and villages such as Sarlat, Cahors, Domme, Rocamadour, Collanges la Rouge and Saint Cirq Lapopie-Lot are all within 1 hour drive.
Additional 1 Bedroom House 2017 Supplement
7th January - 31st March: €450/week
1st April - 23rd June: €550/week
24th June - 22nd September: €650/week
23rd September - 3rd November: €550/week
4th November - 15th December: €450/week
16th December - 5th January 2018: €650/week
Additional 1 Bedroom Cottage 2017 Supplement: €200/week
This villa does not have any reviews but the agent has 2 reviews for their other properties.
This villa is:
Outside this villa in Sainte-Mondane, FranceThis villa has a pool.
Prices and availability
Updated 14 December 2017
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 16 December 2017 - 14 December 2024: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 3 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£881.22 per booking, paid locally
4 bedrooms, Sleeps 12
DVD/Blu-ray player, Internet / WiFi, TV, Satellite / cable
Air conditioning, Central heating, Car hire optional