Villa with 5 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms in Sainte-Mère, the South of France
Booking cost: £0.00
Pay onlybooking deposit
From £2,394 per week
Villa to rent in Sainte-Mère, the South of France
Anna is no stranger to luxurious and beautiful things having lived in and managed one of Oliver's Travels beautiful chateaux.
Share this holiday home
Villa overview - owner's description
Anna is no stranger to luxurious and beautiful things having lived in and managed one of Oliver's Travels beautiful chateaux. This charming hostess has now opened the doors of her own wonderful home, a lovingly restored old hunting lodge with mesmerising views and magical sunsets.
The estate is considered one of the most enchanting and beautiful in the region and it is brimming with beautiful details such as old stone towers and archways, terracotta pots, manicured hedges and tall cypress trees. It features 360 degree panoramic views overlooking idyllic countryside, often considered as the French Tuscany and it is possible to get the occasional glimpse of the Pyrenees in the distance.
Dates carved into the stone suggest that the building dates back to the 1600s and according to the local village, it was once a kings hunting lodge. Chez Anna guests will enjoy the converted barn, which overlooks the charming Italian courtyard, with its long, beamed terrace under the eaves, for eating in the shade. The barn offers comfortable and homely accommodation with lots of charming features such as wooden floors, high ceilings, exposed beams and stonework. The swimming pool has stunning views of the countryside and is found at the end of the little track that runs along the property.
This is the perfect rural setting, yet it is just outside a village with a typical local restaurant, bakery and a post office as well as a listed 13th-Century chateau-church. Less than 10 minutes away is Lectoure, a designated town of art and history, offering plenty of restaurants, bars, brocantes and a medieval cathedral. All around Chez Anna are walking paths, villages listed as the most beautiful in France and during the Summer the whole area comes alive with concerts, exhibitions and wonderful markets.
Chez Anna is a delightful rural retreat in the rolling countryside of the Gers known as France's ‘Little Tuscany'; the perfect place to find tranquility and escape the stresses of modern life whilst being surrounded by some of the best food and wine in the world!
- Open plan living area with large open fireplace, dining room and kitchen
- Well equipped kitchen with cooker, microwave, oven, coffee machine, dishwasher, fridge/freezer and a separate fridge for drinks.
- One double bedroom with double bed
- Wet room
- Small bedroom with small single bed only
- Laundry room (located in owner's wing and shared with the owner)
- Large double bedroom with en-suite bathroom
- Double bedroom with additional single bed and en-suite bathroom
- Twin bedroom with two single beds (ideally for two children, but could sleep one adult or two adults on request)
- Salt-water swimming pool (size: 12x5m) with alarm system. With lovely countryside views, it is shared with the owners, however they endeavour to leave guests exclusive use 9am-6pm
- Poolside wooden terrace with sunbeds
- Covered terrace with outdoor dining facilities
- Italian courtyard with fish pond
- Children's play area
- Off road parking space
- Working fireplace
- Television with Netflix
- DVD player
- Giant trampoline
- Boules area
- Football bounce back
- Board games
- Children's books and DVDs
- Gas bbq
Chez Anna is located a few minutes by car from a gorgeous village in the heart of the Gers countryside, not too far from the Pyrenees mountains. In the village there is a post office, a typical french restaurant, a bakery and a 13th century chateau/church.
The Gers is often referred to as the 'Tuscany of France': rolling hills dotted with gorgeous fortified villages and market towns. It is also the birthplace of the musketeers!
Lectoure (9km) is a designated town of art and history, offering plenty of restaurants, bars, brocantes and a medieval cathedral.
All around Chez Anna are walking paths, villages listed as the most beautiful in France and during the Summer the whole area comes alive with concerts, exhibitions and wonderful markets.
The house can be easily reached from three international airports (Toulouse, Bergerac and Bordeaux) with Paris being is just 3.5 hours train journey from Agen.
This villa does not have any reviews but the agent has 4 reviews for their other properties.
This villa is:
Prices and availability
Updated 18 September 2018
- Your booking
- Available start/end date
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 20 September 2018 - 18 September 2021: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£1,000.00 per booking, paid locally
5 bedrooms, Sleeps 8