Villa with 7 bedrooms, 6 bathrooms and private pool in Saint-Veran, the South of France
From £7,023 per week
Villa to rent in Saint-Veran, the South of France
Villa Saint-Veran is an old aristocratic villa, which was once an olive farm, before being converted into a residential villa in the 18th century. After being in the family for the past 100 years.
Share this holiday home
Villa overview - owner's description
Villa Saint-Veran is an old aristocratic villa, which was once an olive farm, before being converted into a residential villa in the 18th century. After being in the family for the past 100 years, it has been brought back to life in a recent refurbishment, which lasted two years, giving it back its original character and elegance, whilst providing modern comforts.
This impressive villa sits in a private and quiet area on a hilltop, on the edge of a village with its medieval castle, and offers panoramic views of the Saint-Veran Forest, the Alps and the sea.
Within walking distance is old Villeneuve-Loubet,a charming and typical Provencal village between Monaco and Cannes, overlooking the hills of Saint-Paul-de-Vence and Grasse, and boasting nearly 4 km of coastline. Guests can stroll down for morning coffee and bread or a meal in one of the restaurants. A little further is seaside Villeneuve-Loubet, with its lively centre and beach.
Villa Saint-Veran is surrounded by two hectares of lush Mediterranean parkland and landscaped gardens, featuring numerous terraces, centennial olive trees and cypresses, eucalyptus, palm trees and oleanders leading up to a woodland. Indoors high ceilings, French doors, fireplaces and terracotta floors sit alongside state-of-the-art air-conditioning and fully renovated bathrooms and kitchen.
The Cote d'Azur in its all its glory is on the doorstep; 15 minutes from Nice Airport, 30 minutes from the sea, 5 minutes from Saint-Paul-de-Vence and Cannes, Monaco and Grasse all under half an hour away.
- Large entrance
- Newly refurbished, fully equipped and functional kitchen (2 dishwashers, large American fridge, gas hob, microwave, oven, dining area, Nespresso machine, toaster)
- Large open plan living and dining room with high ceilings, decorative fireplace, 5 large windows and French doors opening onto a lovely balcony offering a view on the park, the woods and the sea in the distance, 3.5m dining table seating up to 14 people.
- Bedroom 1 with 2 single beds or one 1.6m king-size bed with its own old-fashioned bathroom with WC and a cast iron bath tub.
- Bedroom 2 with 1.6m king-size four-poster bed, TV, en-suite bathroom with WC, Italian shower and a stunning view on the garden from the bath tub. The room is very bright, spacious and has French doors opening onto a small private terrace with view on the park
- Bedroom 3 with 2 single beds or one 1.8m super king-size bed, TV, en-suite bathroom with WC and Italian shower
- Bedroom 4 with 1.6m king-size bed, TV en-suite bathroom with WC, double sink and Italian shower. The room has French doors opening directly on the North-West terrace.
- Separate WC
- Laundry room with washing machine, dryer, iron and ironing board
First Floor (ideal for a family seeking privacy)
- Bedroom 5 with a bunk bed for kids
- Bedroom 6 with a 1.6m 4 poster-bed, TV, en-suite old fashioned bathroom with standalone cast iron bath tub and WC. The room has French doors leading out to a fantastic private rooftop terrace with a view on the sea and the distant Alps mountains
Lower Ground Floor
Bedroom 7 with 2 single beds (or 1.8m double bed), TV, en-suite bathroom with shower and WC
Private swimming pool (shape: rectangular/size: 13x6m/depth: 2.21m) with alarm system
- Poolside terrace
- Outdoor living room
- Outdoor dining area
- Covered terrace
- Off road parking
- A/C in bedrooms and living-dining room
Villa Saint Veran is strategically situated between Nice and Cannes, in the outskirts of Villeneuve-Loubet village. A 15-mins stroll downhill takes you to this traditional village dotted with little flowered streets, where you can find a bakery, butcher, grocery store, bar and restaurants. From the hillside of the house, you can also enjoy a 1.5km long walk (approximately 30 minutes) bordering the banks of the Loup River and crossing the lush Mediterranean forest of the Saint Veran hill, leading all the way to the beach at seaside Villeneuve-Loubet. Furthermore, this is also a family friendly destination with two theme parks and recreational areas offering countless possibilities for a variety of outdoor activities and water sports.
The well-known Polygone Riviera is just a 15-minute walk away: it is the first open air shopping center in Europe with countless shops, restaurants, bars, cinema and casino. The closest town is Cagnes-sur-mer.
The characteristic Provencal villages of the Pays Vencois are very close by as are the Gorges du Loup, the waterfalls in Courmes, Demoiselles and Saut du Loupe and the Baou de Saint-Jeannet (807 m) mountain overlooking the coast of the Cote d'Azur, ideal for climbing lovers.
The bustling towns of Vence and St-Paul de Vence, known worldwide for their artistic and cultural activities (Fondation Maeght and other prestigious galleries of the Cercle des Artistes), are just about 6km away.
The artistic town of Grasse (22km), also called the “Capital of Flowers and Perfume" and offering splendid vistas over the shores near Cannes, is a further recommended place to visit.
On the coast, don't miss the Greek-Roman maritime city of Antibes-Juan-les-Pins (12km), the chic Mediterranean yachting harbour and sandy beaches in Cap d'Antibes and the effervescence of Juan-les-Pins. Likewise, we recommend visiting the charming city of Antibes which has delighted many visitors, from Picasso to Nicolas de Stael, from Sidney Bechet to Miles Davis, between fisherman's districts, yachtsmen's wharves, Provencal market, pine groves hosting jazz concerts.
Inland, are the villages, of Biot (famous for its glasswork and master glassmakers) and Valbonne, models for a certain art of living, artistic creativity, architectural charm.
The chic and dazzling city of Cannes (23km), where famous festivals and great events take place throughout the year, is also must-to-see destination in the area. Spend the day on the beach, admire the beautiful La Croisette and take a boat to the Isles of Lerins. These islands are considered among the most splendid natural heritage sites of the French Riviera. In the Ile de Ste-Marguerite,one can visit the Royal Fort, the Musee de la Mer and take a stroll across its beautiful pine and eucalyptus forest. The equally stunning Ile St-Honorat belongs to a community of Cistercian monks and offers a fortified monastery and abbey.
The whole region stands out for its stunning natural assets, with limestone mountains, vast natural parks, streams and superb golf courses.
It goes without saying that Villa Saint Veran is an excellent choice to stay on the French Riviera, offering a quick and easy access to the different activities and interests of the beautiful Alpes-Maritimes department.
This villa does not have any reviews but the agent has 5 reviews for their other properties.
This villa is:
Outside this villa in Saint-Veran, the South of FranceThis villa has a pool.
Prices and availability
Updated 4 October 2018
- Your booking
- Available start/end date
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 15 October 2018 - 31 May 2019: the minimum stay is 4 nights.
- 1 June - 12 July 2019: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 13 July - 19 July 2019: the minimum stay is 4 nights.
- 20 July - 13 September 2019: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 14 September 2019 - 29 May 2020: the minimum stay is 4 nights.
- 30 May - 10 July 2020: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 11 July - 17 July 2020: the minimum stay is 4 nights.
- 18 July - 11 September 2020: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 12 September 2020 - 4 October 2021: the minimum stay is 4 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£882.36 per booking, paid locally
7 bedrooms, Sleeps 14
Internet / WiFi, TV, Satellite / cable
Air conditioning, Central heating