Chateau with 7 bedrooms, 7 bathrooms and private pool in Saint-Soulan, the South of France
From £5,150 per week
Chateau to rent in Saint-Soulan, the South of France
Chateau Noble is a unique jewel in the South of France.Founded 400 years ago by a Lord, using funds gifted to him for his service in war by King Louis XIII.
Share this holiday home
Chateau overview - owner's description
Chateau Noble is a unique jewel in the South of France.
Founded 400 years ago by a Lord, using funds gifted to him for his service in war by King Louis XIII, today its modern-day guardians pay homage to its heritage and offer their passion and respect to its founding families, by preserving their coats of arms, cherishing each past century and generation and ensuring that every guest is made to feel like a king.
This has always been a noble residence and guests today will be treated with befitting care and attention by its friendly and highly skilled team who are devoted to their guests and their guests' enjoyment. If guests wish, an exceptional chef is on hand for delicious meals, as are a host of extra services such as a charming host-butler, bar-stocking and shopping service, pampering massage and beauty treatments, baby-sitting and much more.
The chateau has been beautifully restored to a high standard and decorated with classical French and English furniture dating from 700 years ago to today and elements from across the world, old and new. Every well-appointed bedroom has a modern en-suite bathroom and comfortable beds dressed in the finest Egyptian cotton. There is also a fabulous, well-equipped kitchen, elegant dining for fourteen both indoors and outdoors, a Grand Salon with ancient blazons, impressive fire places, a music room with perfectly tuned Ibach baby grand piano and a fun, well-stocked games room complete with minstrels' gallery.
Four-hundred-year-old, one metre thick castle walls keep it fresh in summer and warm in winter and the large array of windows keep it beautifully light, whilst framing glimpses of the original towers and two romantic pigeonniers, as well as the charming gardens, fields and surrounding woods which are perfect for walking and exploring.
Guests will enjoy stunning views of the rolling hills of the Gers to the Pyrenees and of prairies and woods where wild boar, deer and hare roam free. Delightful walks can also be enjoyed on the chateau grounds, which offer an abundance of delights including the park, potager, vineyard, orchard, wild flowers, Lebanese cedars, duck-pond, ducks and beehives.
Honey, jam, herbs and fruit are produced at the chateau or by local friends, whilst Samatan nearby, will provide endless supplies of their world-renowned duck and foie gras. As well as being the duck and foie gras capital of the world, Samatan is also home to one of France's most famous markets.
This is The Gers, the heart of Gascony, Musketeers, foie gras and Grand Armagnac country. This is the real France where guests can immerse themselves in authentic, fortified villages, market towns, plenty of traditional local events and some of the best food and wine in the world.
Chateau Noble provides the perfect, tranquil retreat for relaxing and unwinding, with the option of enjoying top quality food, wine and service and as much or as little to do as desired, whilst staying in a historic residence full of warmth, character and charm.
Good news! For a little extra, this property can be booked as a Vill'otelYey! Wait… what is that?
It's the perfect combo of the privacy of your own personal villa, with all the luxury and convenience of a hotel.What can be arranged?
Breakfast, cleaning, welcome drinks and hamper, plus more! Check the 'Extras'tab for all the details.
- Grand Salon with large working open fireplace, sumptuous sofas, glass coffee table and books/magazines. There is also a desk with printer and extensive tourist information and an adjacent bar with beer pump, fridge and ice-maker.
- Grand entrance hall with grand staircase and bronze sculptures
- Fully equipped kitchen with broad dining table for 12
- Music room with various instruments, aquarium, 50 inch Sky TV, Xbox 360, large working fireplace
- Games room with ping-pong table, toys, games and well-stocked bookshelves, working fireplace, and minstrels' gallery with a small day double bed for extra guests. This room is connected to bedroom 7.
- W.C. and washbasin
- Utility Room
- Linen and laundry room (accessible to staff only but can be used by guests by arrangement)
Stockroom/professional kitchen (accessible to staff only)
Spacious landing with seating for two with views of the orchards and Pyrenees
- Master Bedroom ('Muskeeter') with solid oak four-poster bed, sofa, bureau, twin chairs with views of the park, two wardrobes, en-suite bathroom with double tub, walk-in shower with additional hand shower, basin and W.C. Plenty of space for up to two additional beds.
- Bedroom 2 ('Pyrenees') with king size/twin bed, sofa, wardrobe, chest of drawers, en-suite large walk-in shower with additional hand shower, basin and W.C. Space for an additional bed. Views of the orchard and Pyrenees.
- Bedroom 3 ('Oak') with double bed, hanging cupboard, chest of drawers, en-suite walk-in shower with additional hand shower, wash basin and WC. Space for an additional bed.
- Bedroom 4 ('Tower') Tower castle-style suite with vestibule and passageway, one king size bed, one single bed up a spiral wooden staircase (steep), wardrobe, chest of drawers, en-suite shower room with additional hand shower, basin and W.C.
- Bedroom 5 ('Lavender') with double bed, wardrobe, chest of drawers, en-suite walk-in shower with additional hand shower, basin and W.C. Space for an additional bed.
- Bedroom 6 ('Sunflower') with twin beds, wardrobe, en-suite bath/shower, wash basin and W.C. Space for an additional bed. The bathroom can be accessed from the landing, or be locked if required making it ideal for a family.
Bedroom 7 ('The Secret Bedroom') with double bed, wardrobe, chest of drawers, large en-suite shower room with walk-in shower, double tub, wash basin and W.C. Please note this room is low-beamed (6ft plus) and connected to the Minstrels' gallery in the games room.
18 hectares (43 acres) of grounds comprising of ornamental park, sunken ‘moat' garden with ornamental bridge, vegetable garden, open-barn, vineyard, orchard with fruit and nut trees, beehives and woodlands with trails
- Private heated swimming pool with Roman steps, diving end, lockable fence and wave alarm system (size: 12m x 6m/depth: 0.8m - 2.4m). Heated via heat exchange pump to min. 21° (temperature appropriate to the season, average 27°-28° in summer).
Open from end of April to end of October, subject to weather.
- Poolside terrace and shaded area with eight sunloungers
- Dining areas
- Oil drum barbecue
- Large gravel terrace and courtyard with a granite outdoor dining table for 10-12
- Shaded informal teak table on teak deck for 8-10
- Duck pond
- Two grand and historic pigeonniers
- Ancient oaks and seven Lebanese cedars, planted 400 years ago
- Rear lawn with an old ice store turned into a charming, modest fountain
- Two private outbuildings, a barn and the cowshed, used to run the estate (no access)
- Views over the beautiful rolling Gers countryside and the distant Pyrenees mountains
- Satellite based Wi-Fi throughout
- Grand piano, guitar, drum, whistle, harmonica and other instruments
- Children's toys and games
- 50 Inch Sky TV (standard channels, kids and documentaries)
- Xbox 360 with games
- Sonos music system throughout downstairs
- 12ft Jumpking trampoline with safety nets
- Assorted bikes
If you are looking for calm, nature and authenticity, Chateau Noble is the place to be. Nestled in the very heart of the Gascony, a truly authentic area in the South West of France, famous for its beautiful rural landscapes and fine cuisine. Its territory stretches from the departments of the Gers, the Landes and the Hautes Pyrenees.
The Gers in particular is often referred to as the 'Tuscany of France': rolling hills dotted with gorgeous fortified villages and market towns. It is also the birthplace of the musketeers and it is said that D'Artagnan spent two nights in the castle!
The local town of Samatan is renowned for its foie gras and for the very famous unmissable market that takes place every Monday morning. If you have a taste for Armagnac, there are plenty of opportunities to visit local producers and guided tours as well as tastings can be arranged.
There is also an abundance of popular places to visit nearby: Auch, Sarrant and Carbonne are just a few examples.
This chateau does not have any reviews but the agent has 13 reviews for their other properties.
This chateau is:
Outside this chateau in Saint-Soulan, the South of FranceThis chateau has a pool and a barbecue.
Prices and availability
Updated 25 November 2019
- Your booking
- Available start/end date
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 7 December 2019 - 5 June 2020: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 6 June - 25 September 2020: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 26 September 2020 - 25 May 2021: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£1,000.00 per booking, paid locally
7 ensuite bedrooms, Sleeps 21
7 bathrooms including 7 en suites
Private pool with electric heating
Internet / WiFi
Hen or stag groups
Agency From London, United Kingdom Member since Apr 2015
Past bookings: 39 bookings
Response rate: 91%
Response time: within 24 hours
Last seen: a day ago
Number of properties: over 1,000