La Maison Du Voyage
Chateau with 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and private pool in Saint-Saturnin, France
Booking cost: £0.00
Pay onlybooking deposit
From £1,889 per week
Chateau to rent in Saint-Saturnin, France
La Maison du Voyage is the labour of love of a dynamic and talented couple who wanted to change their lives and the lives of others.After running successful companies in the UK.
Share this holiday home
Chateau overview - owner's description
La Maison du Voyage is the labour of love of a dynamic and talented couple who wanted to change their lives and the lives of others.
After running successful companies in the UK, it was time for ‘the great escape' and so La Maison du Voyage was born. No strangers themselves to life's stresses, they created a special haven where holidays and health meet.
Guests at La Maison du Voyage are immersed in a relaxing and beautiful countryside setting surrounded by vines and horses. The 200-year-old Maison de Maitre has been restored with care and love, to create a homely and cosy retreat.
Comfortable, airy bedrooms with views over the gardens and valley and comfortable beds with toppers and Egyptian cotton bedding ensure a great night's sleep. There are two reception rooms with cosy sofas, a large, well-equipped kitchen and space for everyone to let go and relax.
Large, varied garden areas surround the house and the large warm pool, as well as lots of walks from the doorstep through the beautiful woods or vines to three different villages.
This historic area is bathed with light and offers beautiful rivers, outdoor activities, villages, churches, museums, markets, brocantes and plenty of festivals all summer. Angouleme is only 11 kilometres away, Cognac 27 kilometres and even the coast and La Rochelle are accessible.
Here, relaxing holidays can soon become life-changing holidays. The hosts, both passionate about well-being also offer their expert services to guests, who are free to immerse themselves into this world as little or as much as they wish. Even healthy and gourmet meals can be prepared by the qualified chef, whose culinary skills are spectacular! Local options such as fresh continental breakfast and more traditional vegetarian dishes are also possible, as well as delicious and fun meals around the firepit.
La Maison du Voyage is the magic that happens when a beautiful place becomes more than just a home or a holiday, but a place which transforms and nourishes families and friends.
- Entrance hall with cloakroom
- Fully equipped kitchen and second kitchen (fridge, freezer, oven, hob, dishwasher, coffee machine, dining table, wood burner)
- Two sitting rooms
- Large reception room
- Guest W.C.
- Bedroom 1 with super king size bed, large with sitting area, en-suite bathroom with slipper bath and separate shower
- Bedroom 2 with twin beds or super king size bed with en-suite shower room
- Bedroom 3 comprises one room with double bedroom and one sitting room
- Bedroom 4 with double bed and small sitting area
- Family bathroom with bath with shower over, basin, loo, plenty of cupboard space
All rooms are very airy and comfortable, with views over the garden and valley. They are all equipped with hanging and cupboard or drawer space such as wardrobes and drawers, dressing table, seating, bedside tables and lamps, mirror and hair dryer.
- Heated swimming pool (size: 5x12m/shape: rectangular) with fence and solid retractable cover
- Poolside terrace
- Covered terrace
- Outdoor dining area
- Off road parking
- Docking stations
- Surround sound TV
- DVD and Blue-Ray
- Free-satellite TV with English channels
- Equipment to connect a laptop to the TV
- Book and DVD library
- Full central heating
- Wood burner and open fire
- Decorative fireplace
- Washing machine
There is a lot to explore all over this stunning area, from Angouleme (11km) and especially heading towards Bordeaux.
The nearest village is just 3km away and offers several amenities such as butchers, bakers, hairdressers, chemist, doctors and a Sunday morning small market. Many gourmet restaurants and bars with live music at weekends are also close by.
Angouleme is a marvellous historical town sitting on a rocky promontory just above the Charente river and enjoying breath-taking views over the Charente Valley. Characterized by wide boulevards, ramparts, ancient churches and several museums, it is an interesting place to discover.
Just 5km east of Angouleme, you can visit the Charente Grotte de Vilhonneur which host the world famous wall paintings of Lascaux. All along these beautiful caves dating back to over 27,000 years ago, there are also many places where one can practice kayaking.
Cognac (27km) is also within easy reach: explore its gorgeous old town and visit the big Cognac houses both in the city and in Jarnac (20 mins) where you can enjoy fabulous brandy tastings.
If you fancy doing some watersports, drive to Le Plan d'eau St Yrieix in just 18mins (15km) where you will find a man made beach, sailing boats, paddle boats and canoes to hire. It is s a lovely walk around the lake and there is a cafe for refreshments.
Hiking and cycling routes leave straight from the door and fishing places are just a 10 minute drive away.
Further afield, the maritime town of La Rochelle is definitely a recommended day-trip out. It is a dynamic seaside city with a bustling daily market serving local produce, many places of historical interest, a modern marina and a pretty old port. Furthermore, Ile de Re, the Cote Sauvage, the l'Ile d'Oleron and Royan are all attractive destinations with sandy beaches and summer music festivals.
This chateau does not have any reviews but the agent has 5 reviews for their other properties.
This chateau is:
Outside this chateau in Saint-Saturnin, FranceThis chateau has a pool.
Prices and availability
Updated 19 September 2018
- Your booking
- Available start/end date
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 25 September - 28 September 2018: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 29 September 2018 - 24 May 2019: the minimum stay is 4 nights.
- 25 May - 27 September 2019: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 28 September - 13 December 2019: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 14 December 2019 - 22 May 2020: the minimum stay is 4 nights.
- 23 May - 25 September 2020: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 26 September - 11 December 2020: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 12 December 2020 - 19 September 2021: the minimum stay is 4 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£1,000.00 per booking, paid locally
4 bedrooms, Sleeps 8
DVD/Blu-ray player, Internet / WiFi, TV, Satellite / cable
Central heating, Open fire