Villa To Rent In Saint-médard-de-mussidan
Villa with 13 bedrooms, 11 bathrooms and swimming pool in Saint-Médard-de-Mussidan, France
From £1,662 per week
Villa to rent in Saint-Médard-de-Mussidan, France
This elegant manor house was once part of a tobacco plantation in the 1830s and has since been lovingly converted by its English owners into a cosy yet spacious holiday home.
Share this holiday home
Villa overview - owner's description
This elegant manor house was once part of a tobacco plantation in the 1830s and has since been lovingly converted by its English owners into a cosy yet spacious holiday home. It is fantastically located amidst mature gardens and sits alongside the River Isle in the small village of Saint Médard. The holiday home was formerly a sechoir (a tobacco drying barn) and is now ideal for larger groups of holiday-makers, business meetings or for those simply seeking plenty of space in order to unwind when visiting this renowned region of South West France, The main house consists of a large drawing room, which benefits from views of the river. The ten bedrooms are all located on the first floor and each benefit from an en-suite bathroom. The wisteria covered side terrace leads down to the rear lawns and private pool and is an ideal spot for dining or relaxing together. The stone garden cottaged is tucked away on the other side of the manor house and is wonderfully equipped with a kitchen, lounge and two ground floor bedrooms, one of which leads onto the private terrace and lawn. The cottage is ideal for those seeking a little more privacy and is also more suited for guests with reduced mobility. The driveway has ample space for parking ten cars. The famous chateaux and vineyards of Saint-Emilion are located less than 30miles away and the town of Bergerac, which is home to daily boat trips, a market and a selection of shops is just a fifteen minute drive away. Alternatively, Brantome, which is a beautiful riverside village with great restaurants and canoe hire is 33 miles away, whilst Sarlat, a stunning medieval town is 55 miles from the property. Bordeaux city and airport is roughly 55km away.
This solidly constructed modern villa was built in 1837. The agent has rated it as a four star property so it is a well-equipped villa with above average furnishings. It is also great value for money. This villa has a swimming pool and is located in Saint-Médard-de-Mussidan, 27km from Bergerac. It is set in a convenient location, 2.3km away from a lake. There's also a restaurant only 100 metres away.
You can also park on-site at no extra charge. The villa is well equipped: it has a refrigerator, microwave, washing machine and dishwasher. It also has a barbecue, a garden and some garden furniture outside.
This villa does not have any reviews but the agent has 140 reviews for their other properties.
Outside this villa in Saint-Médard-de-Mussidan, FranceThis villa has a barbecue, a garden and a swimming pool.
Prices and availability
Updated 8 December 2018
- Your booking
- Available start/end date
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 17 February 2019 - 10 January 2020: changeover day is Saturday.
Throughout 2019: Free of charge
Throughout 2019: free of charge
Bed linen (including towels)
Throughout 2019: €12.00 per person per booking, paid locally
About this villa
- Agent quality rating: four stars
- Year built: 1837
- Holiday home (internal area 350 m2)
- Villa constructed from concrete
- Pets not allowed
- Non-smoking house
Show all 6 facts Show less
- Outdoor swimming pool (72 m2)
- 2 TVs
- Radio and CD player
This villa has 10 bedrooms:
- Bedroom no. 1: 1 double bed
- Bedroom no. 2: 1 double bed
- Bedroom no. 3: 2 single beds
- Bedroom no. 4: 2 single beds
- Bedroom no. 5: 2 single beds
- Bedroom no. 6: 2 single beds
- Bedroom no. 7: 1 single bed
- Bedroom no. 8: 1 double bed
- Bedroom no. 9: 1 double bed
- Bedroom no. 10: 1 double bed
Show all 10 bedrooms Show less
- Toilet no. 1: toilet without sink
- Bathroom no. 1: toilet with hot and cold water, bath
- Bathroom no. 2: toilet with hot and cold water, bath
- Bathroom no. 3: toilet with hot and cold water, bath
- Bathroom no. 4: toilet with hot and cold water, bath
- Bathroom no. 5: toilet with hot and cold water, bath
- Bathroom no. 6: toilet with hot and cold water, bath
- Bathroom no. 7: toilet with hot and cold water, bath
- Bathroom no. 8: toilet with hot and cold water, bath
- Bathroom no. 9: toilet with hot and cold water, bath
- Bathroom no. 10: toilet with hot and cold water, bath
Show all 11 bathrooms Show less
- 2 living rooms
- Dinning room
- 2 kitchens
This villa has 3 bedrooms:
- Bedroom no. 1: 1 double bed
- Bedroom no. 2: 1 single bed
- Bedroom no. 3: 1 double bed
- Toilet no. 1
- Bathroom no. 1: toilet with hot and cold water, shower
- Kitchen / living room
- Kitchen: hot and cold water
- Gas and electric cooker
- Cooker hood
- Freezer box (100 litres)
- Coffee machine
- Washing machine
- Vacuum cleaner
Show all 10 amenities Show less
- Well insulated protection for certain year period
- Oil heater
- A garden (external area 8000 m2)
- Some garden furniture outside
- Parking on the site (space for 10 cars)
- A barbecue
- Outdoor pool available from June to September
Show all 6 features Show less
Frequently asked questions
When do I receive directions to the villa and key collection information?
Directions and details on how to collect the keys will be emailed to you after you have paid for the booking in full. You will receive full details about your booking including directions to the property and a booking voucher that you need to hand over to the property manager when you receive the keys. In some instances you may need to collect the keys from the property manager’s office or some other location which is not the actual property you have booked to stay in. Please note that the agent provides us with the GPS co-ordinates in the travel directions and we communicate these to you; you should contact the property manager if these are unclear.
Bed sizes / bedrooms
The exact dimensions will vary from property to property but the agent has specified that bed sizes are as follows:
- A single bed is typically 70cm to 85 cm wide and 180cm to 190cm deep.
- A double bed is typically 140cm to 180cm wide and 180cm to 190cm deep.
- A “grand lit” is a European double bed, suitable for couples, and can be smaller than the usual UK or American doubles. It is typically 130cm wide but in some instances may be wider; it is approximately 180cm to 190cm deep.
A bunk bed is two single beds, one on top of another. Some properties also have pull-out beds, sofa beds and/or bed chairs; in a few properties the bed can be low in a wooden frame on the floor. The beds often have terry cloth sheet mattress protectors to protect the mattresses; please use them with the bed linen.
Some properties may have a loft as a bedroom: this is usually an open room at the top of the house with sloping walls and mattresses on a low bed or on the floor itself. You need to climb a ladder to reach this room. Lofts are very popular with children but may not be suitable for adults or elderly guests.
If a property has an annexe then it will typically be a building attached to the main property or a small self-contained building. Annexes often have no central heating.
Please note that bedrooms in holiday rentals are usually not that large; you should refer to the floor plan to get a sense of size.
Quality rating: four stars. The agent rates this as a well-equipped holiday property with good furniture and a higher than normal specification.
Do I need to do anything to arrange any pre-booked optional extras?
If you select any optional extras as part of your booking then you will need to confirm details with the local property manager after the booking has been fully paid. You will receive the property manager’s contact details (phone number and/or email address) after you have paid for the booking and you should contact him or her to confirm details. If you cannot get hold of the property manager then please contact the Clickstay support team for further assistance.
Please note: you do not need to contact the property manager about any compulsory extras such as final cleaning (i.e. cleaning upon departure).
Preferred Partner From Virum, Denmark Member since Dec 2016
This villa is managed by Novasol, an established travel agent that was founded over 40 years ago. We've been working with them since December 2016 and have had 426 bookings with them.
Past bookings: 426 bookings
Response rate: 84%
Response time: within 10 hours
Number of properties: over 1,000
We are a property management company based in Copenhagen, Denmark. We offer self-catering properties throughout Europe including beautiful holiday homes near the sea, rustic country cottages in stunning surroundings, villas with private pools and many apartments close to a number of European cities.